Grow Journal - Super Silver Haze, Gold Leaf and Purple Haze (Platinum Mix Pack)

This is my current greenhouse grow @Crikkett01

1 Like

@Jam this is my grow here.

Looking good muddy !!! Big fan of ssh I actually ordered pretty much what u got except Al47 but twice customs liked them more. I like your mobile scrog net !! Is it pop riveted ???

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious about the individual scrog net too - if you have a minute to describe the basics. Thanks, Jeb

1 Like

@Jam ā€¦No it is hand pressed together and thank god I didnā€™t glue it either. I used screws to hold the string and diced them in at 100 mm originally but changed that to 50mm.

It is builders string so it has some flex in it to allow the canopy to push up, and it comes in many colours and is quite cheap per roll. Best part is the dye doesnā€™t run, and if the string gives too much I just hook loop the individual string around the screw to gain further tension.

When harvest comes just cut the strings and remove them easy as.

1 Like

@Momtomask the basicsā€¦I just cut to suit the size of the container I am growing in. Placed it in then added the soil so the soil holds the four legs. The rest are simple PVC joins and some screws and string. Will put some pics up if that helps? If you have question ask away.

6 Likes

@Jam and @Momtomask forgot to add that you get a fair bit of tension out of them if you look at some of the pictures above and see the sides of some scrog frames, they are quite bowed in after tensioning. This relaxes but as the string stretches a little again.

Thanks @Mudcrab01 I really want to give that a try and wondered if the legs were just stuck in the tub. My indoor tents keeps getting to full too fast and I give up on the idea of trying a scrog. But I think I will have the time and space in the newly built greenhouse. :+1:t3:

PS the plants in the greenhouse are (7) GL monster clones and one SSH clone. I might throw a PH clone in there too. Those are the strains I have right now.

1 Like

@Jam I must admit I thought the GL was my favourite but the SSH is coming home like a racehorse nowā€¦I do think however the sleeper of the pack maybe the PH to be honest something just tells me it may surprise me in the end.

@Momtomask the tubs are 100l so plenty of soil to hold them in, they are also angled as the screen perimeter is a little larger than the tub. At this stage no problems with anchoring them that way.

2 Likes

@North_East_Newbie this is my grow with the PH in it.

1 Like

Short Update:

It appears a Spider has taken up a home in one of the far corners of the net with the PH ā€¦probably to catch some of the bugs that are attracted to the light at night. Also I have a few Geckos :lizard: that cruise the tubs at night now probably doing the same thing.

Goes to show the Neem I use doesnā€™t hurt them. The greenhouse seems to be supporting quite an ecosystem in there, although no plant damage from any bad insects as yet.

That said the Gecko :lizard: love lady bettles the buggers so I havenā€™t seen any in a while around or in the greenhouse. The PH spider :joy::joy::joy:

He will find it getting quite crowed soon but :joy::joy:.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good common sense idea looping it for stiffer or lighter and cheap to make. Save some bucks !!

1 Like

@budman1 this is my current grow

@Jam they work well really wasnā€™t a budget minded thing initially to be honest just thought it would work best for my set upā€¦so far so good.

I forgot to mention this which to me is important I also bought those magnet screen doors for front and back helps keep the critters out my green house is nicely huge I could put up to 25 plants in but itā€™s a lot of work also I bought a pro sprayer with my mix easier to use I feed on Friday flush on tues I widh you well

3 Likes

@budman1 The sprayer would work very well, I only have three plants and find I can still get a watering can where I need for now.

I leave my door wide open and have a vent in the rear and in the floors. I also use an industrial fan which has worked well to this point and as the screen fills and the plants it will be vital to prevent mould thatā€™s for sure. The humidity here is so high even in the dry season the big screens would not be good for my set up in these conditions.

I do like the sound of the screens but, and would love to use them as the bugs love the lights and they annoy me. That said have some Geckos :lizard: that climb the walls at night and clean them up :joy::joy:

How have you found your greenhouse for masking smells, mine works well you can not smell a thingā€¦ that is until you walk in lolā€¦

1 Like

ahh the smell,i live in the mountains and 2 homes have vacated with 3 open windows open and both doors also opened my fan usually spreads the love blowing out that sweet fragrance may be you can use charcoal filters me I really don"nt worry to much about 1/2 mile there is a police sub station they can"nt pin point it must have search warrant when the smells permeates the air they are not going to waste there time.because of the mountains I"ve been growing for almost 20 years and I think I know all there tricks any way sorry for rambling I would try charcoal filters if you are concerned using the fan to push you should be good

1 Like

Iā€™m having surgery Friday and won"nt be able to start a journal just yet I will post when Iā€™m mobile,how do you start a journal any way?

1 Like

No concerns on smell the greenhouse contains it well. @budman1 hope the surgery goes well for you. Just start a new topic and add to it as you do your grow.