Grow Journal - Super Silver Haze, Gold Leaf and Purple Haze (Platinum Mix Pack)

Short Update: Whilst watering this morning I broke a small branch on Purple. Turning a negitive into a positive… I immediately sorted them and now have two clones started…and will see how they go. :joy::joy::joy:

Forgot to add I also sprayed with Neem yesterday afternoon as I discovery some “ Greenhouse White Fly”. I had been using it every two weeks but let it slip. Will use that every two weeks now until 3/4 way through flowering.

4 Likes

I think on my next iteration I will be doing the same thing. I’ve been using 4" squares but I am going to go down to 2" squares. With the 4" squares I find myself stuck between strings too often when the plant is hardening off and it’s hard to get a uniform screen.

2 Likes

Yes had a look at mine and though I would change it for that reason, gives more options.

1 Like

Purple Clones - 24 hours later

1 Like

Short Update - I have taken a Gold Leaf Clone to join the Purples. The plants are now taking around 12 litres each per water/feed.

The plants are growing and moving along the screen nicely at this stage although Purple is still lagging a little behind the others. I would envisage that once the other screens are at 70% the Purple would be around 50% but will be all flowered together at the same time regardless.

It will be an interesting passage of time as secondary growth nodes are popping everywhere. I think around another 10 days they will be ready to flip to flower.

3 Likes

Whilst I had a bit of time waiting for an appointment I have been thinking about the supplemental lighting I obtained for my Greenhouse grow needs. For what it is worth to those that are reading this or interested, I use two of the Vipaspectra PAR 450’s dimmable series. I had originally planned to get the 750’s however the budget at that time didn’t support that.

I have found them very easy to use and they provide more than enough power for the needs in the greenhouse and I am comfortable that they could be used if the change of season caused the greenhouse to become permenantly shaded.

Also they are very quiet in operation and really provide little heat off them. Clearly using them outside water proofing would be needed for the greenhouse to avoid light damage.

The dimmers provide the ability for the lights to be used throughout a plants lifecycle from germ to flowering. The provided Yo-Yo hangers allow quick, responsive and accurate height adjustments to support this also.

2 Likes

I think the supplemental lighting in the greenhouse will work well. If even to keep them in veg, or for those cloudy days. @Mudcrab01

1 Like

@Covertgrower correct we have stepped into the dry season here and I am extending the daylight for them now with shorter days until flowering. I also changed the time as the sun shifts to it dry season trajectory to the path it travels in the wet season, has meant the greenhouse is in full shade 2 hrs before sunset.

Forgot to add and certainly needed for my extended veg and your correct again we have had a lot of cloudy dark days also.

1 Like

I always forget when it’s summer here, (northern hemisphere) that it starts to be winter down by you. At least the light schedule is. I’m not sure how cold it gets there… @Mudcrab01

1 Like

Ha ha read up we only have two seasons here in the tropics…Wet Season and Dry Season. Wet season temps day 27-39c and nights from 27-30c. Dry season is shorter days and cooler day time temps between 24- 27c and nights range from 14-25c. Always heaps of humidity in the wet can be 100% or more and even in the dry I do battle to keep it in range with the average at the moment being around 68 RH.

2 Likes

Update - (may find amusing) Tucking…Tucking and more Tucking girls growing a good rate now amazing what providing the right amount nutes does :joy::joy:. That said I am not that unhappy as they have been healthy and happy thus far so that’s a plus touch wood. They are now quite mature having shown signs for a while they are ready to flower.

I did notice they are very very pungent in the Greenhouse now more than ever; this considered, even with the fan on which it is a lot given the humidity here. I sit outside most nights in our outdoor area and I can’t smell them 2 meters away. Thus my “White” Greenhouse is doing a great job of masking smell which is another plus.

Hence then I was really happy and quite smug even, that I had a perfect stealth grow…but…friends just dropped something off quickly and said do you have the pool lights on it looks awesome…after they left I looked along our fence line and not one but two trees on the nature strip were lit in the under canopy and they are about 7meters high.

Seems my Greenhouse which is actually White as the material is supposed to amplify the sun also amplified the extended veg supplimental “pool disco light”. So no guessing that from tomorrow that I will tarp it in the darker hours so my “ pool disco lights” aren’t visible…9 more days that won’t be needed, the switch to 12/12 will alivate that.

Hope that gave some one a giggle…

6 Likes

Update: Girls have been tucked, and tucked and tucked. Additional nodes are still popping and are also being tucked. 7 days to go, and the screens from the way they have progressed with weekly growth thus far will be ready for the flip next Sunday. Purple is still a little smaller than the rest but all will be flipped at the same time anyhow.

Every time I look at the plants I am reminded they were bent to early and there is some missed opportunity there. However there is not much I could have done being overseas at the time for a few weeks while they were baby sat. I do believe that will impact final yield but that said I am happy with the way they have gone irrespective.

Oh I forgot, but I will try to get update pics up tonight after work.

2 Likes

Gold seven days since last pics

4 Likes

Purple seven days since last pic

3 Likes

Silver seven days since last pic

4 Likes

Random pic of the new growth throughout post tucking.

6 Likes

@bruinsfan33 this is mine at the moment

1 Like

Looking good love the strain SSH

2 Likes

They have been in for a long veg and have some more time to go. Haven’t grown these before but the Gold seems to be my favourite.

I am thinking the Purple will surprise when the stretch hits after the switch to 12/12.

I say switch even thought I am growing in a greenhouse, as I am using supplemental lighting to extend the veg as our days have become a lot, lot, shorter now as we have moved into the dry season. @bruinsfan33

3 Likes

Sounds good. Bought the gold leaf because it said good for outdoor and greenhouse.

1 Like