Grow Journal - Super Silver Haze, Gold Leaf and Purple Haze (Platinum Mix Pack)

Sometimes the plants naturally lend themselves to a way of training…what ever way they go I with it to a degree…yours are looking awesome :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Short Entry- The girls are establishing well, they are drinking plenty (veg or root booster or molasses depending on what they are due in the cycle) now taking on 10 litres every day and a half before they are dry dry…thirsty girls😊

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 this is my journal for my current grow, I have one gold leaf In that group.

Looking good @Mudcrab01

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 Getting there slowly with a long veg, they are into the screens now and looking good. I must put some pics up when I get time.

The Gold Leaf is going really well out of all three it is my favourite, it has been hardy and taken some punishment along the way and never missed a beat.

2 Likes

Update Longer Entry: Changed the scrog screen from 100mm to 50mm squares to provide more flexibility with screening and support when I switch to flowering. 100mm just seemed to big for me and at 50mm I can train them along a more defined path.

The girls are now draining nearly 10 litres of liquid per day each before they are dry and that’s even on the edges of the container. I will only use root booster one more time in this grow now.

I have also introduced some veg booster nutes now, to increase a little of what the normal nutes provides, and I will continue with them weekly until the plants are switched to flower. The plants have responded well to it with no adverse signs, that said I will keep all the mix ratios the same as I don’t need plant problems to arise from nutes.

The plants are now starting to move through the screens with some good speed the Gold and Silver being fairly level in the canopy as they do so. The Purple still remains lop sided but is starting to level out as it strikes through the net. Thinking it will be two weeks of veg and then switching at this stage.

Day time temps are lower now with average day between 24.5c - 29c. Nights are getting cooler from 25c down to 21c. The day time temps won’t change to much more but the night time temps will drop down as low as 14c over the flowering stage.

The long veg time has been a pain at times but has suited my situation with available time on this grow quite well. I am thinking of dropping another Gold Leaf bean to try a short veg time so essentially working on the opposite end of the spectrum to what I have now. I just to want see what the difference is, and what is more efficient in regards to yield verses veg times.

One thing on this grow I have and still kick myself for, was that I was away when they were bent down initially and it is something I would have waited to do on these plants. If I were home at the time, I think some more verticle height would have been good before the bend.

4 Likes

Four days since last pics…Since the last pics I have defoliated a little in the centre of each to allow better airflow and better light to lower branches. They have gained a bit more verticle height, branches fattening nicely.

Gold: Top and side view.

4 Likes

Purple: Top and Side view

3 Likes

Silver: Top and Side view. I am
Thinking of taking two clones off this one

3 Likes

The pic of the branch structure from the Silver from front on.

1 Like

I’m sure you posted it above but how tall is the pvc please? Or how high above the soil level? I have holes in a tote and I’m ready to cut my pvc pipe since I’m stuck on bed rest mostly today :worried:

1 Like

Height to screen from the soil is 10 inches, PVC from soil to the screen join is 8 inches. @SmoknGranny

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll figure out what my soil depth will be then add 8”, right? Or thereabouts :joy: Sorry if I’m being a PITA but I really try to do things right the first time. Measure twice and cut once ya know!

1 Like

Yes legs are at 8 inches the knuckle joints from the soil, add 2 inches for the knuckles so that gives the screen a height of 10 inches from soil.

1 Like

Again thanks. :hugs: Between smoking most of last night and today supplemented with Tylenol with codeine I appreciate the confirmation. Started with 30 pills over 2 years ago and have 19 left as I absolutely hate the brain fuzziness.

2 Likes

My current grow @Coltfire

Nice , i just finished my 1st crop, now growing clones from it, and have a couple i cut right back but didnt pull, wanting to see if can get them to re grow. You have the best weather all year round for growing up the top end , my daughter lives up that way , ill go tag you in my last grow.

1 Like

Sounds good thanks I would like to look. Great weather this way thats for sure. Thinking of leaving the gold leaf in cut back myself. How are yours coming.

Early days, i think it starting to re shoot ,but being so slow it hard to say just yet

1 Like