Grow Journal - Super Silver Haze, Gold Leaf and Purple Haze (Platinum Mix Pack)

I’d split the stem around 3-5 days from harvest. I’d also recommend trying the technique. :v:

2 Likes

@MattyBear … Ok next one then…before I got the ILGM seeds I really used to grow cut and cure. The forum has provided me good reading and expanded the way I do things (SCROG in a greenhouse perfect example) I honestly never really gave much thought to washing them prior to drying.

Given I grow outdoors even in a greenhouse, the dust, insects(Nats) and that the relative humidity stays around 60 I thought it maybe a good thing to clean them out. Not really sure if any harm would outweigh the benefits. I have searched the ILGM forums and such, but while people have said they did it there has been no real feedback on how it worked afterwards.

Also I am a little worried about mould(given the RH) if I was to wash them, but the variables on that depend on the trim and environment which I dry them in also I suppose.

1 Like

I always wash my outdoor plants. It really brings out the smells of the plant! I have noticed no negative effects from washing. Watch the Jorge Cervantes video on washing white powdery mildew (good for washing more than just that off). Wash them, rinse them, then hang them with a fan blowing over them until they are no longer visibly wet, then remove the fan or move the buds to your drying area :v:

5 Likes

Will try that.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Alan washes his plants too. He might be able to add anything I missed…

3 Likes

Thanks for that.

1 Like

Man I couldn’t find Homer doughnut drool emoji but that’s me looking at your pics :drooling_face:

1 Like

@Redeyedranger thanks but your to kind, let’s wait a week and see then. For me what is on there is dense to some degree, but it does need to fattern some more.

Ultimately I am flying a little blind as this is my first scrog so not sure what to expect. Gorilla growing where I did you don’t get a lot of visits so you have to cut when you get the chance as soon as they appear plump and red.

I gave away Gorilla growing as the Cassowaries were becoming very territorial last grow and there seemed to be more and more hikers in the area.

1 Like

@Dieselgrower this is it

1 Like

Only to say you should rinse in tap water (I use the shower setting on my garden hose). 5 or 6 minutes in the solution. I prefer buckets because I can weight the branches down more readily to keep everything immersed.

3 Likes

#goals

Really would love to see some buds like that on my GL in a few weeks…

3 Likes

Looking delicious!

2 Likes

@Bogleg posted on your grow but just wondering if you had any leaves turn purple in the later stages of flower? I have included some pics of the purplish leaves…I am not to concerned at this stage as there are not apparent dead patches or signs, but will watch for sign of rot. In my experience when I had it once before they went brown straight up. This purple colour has thrown me a little. Could be that I am using supplimental lights also for this grow so maybe some pigment due to them? May also be some residual Neem spots from when I sprayed heavy for the Nats.

1 Like

Mine looked very different than yours. I let mine go 11 weeks in flower.

I never saw any purple - I saw yellow a lot. Heh.

1 Like

@Bogleg Oh they still have a while to go, how ever are really piling on the brown hairs now…just not sure about this leaf colour on two of the buds?

Will put the gold update up first today…just not sure about the colouration…

Gold Leaf first day of week seven. It is starting to present a lot of Brown pistils at the moment, and the bottom leaves are starting to pale out to yellow. I have also noticed some purplish leaves on two areas and not sure what that would be. I had to spray Neem due to fungus Nats and thinking it maybe discolouration due to a heavier residue at those areas.

Still awaiting the mic to arrive which will ultimately determine when to harvest. I am thinking between 7-14 days at this stage.

6 Likes

@Bogleg @Covertgrower This is GL bud which has the leaves starting to purple

2 Likes

So looking at these leaves this morning, I just had a mate around and he just pointed out something which would certainly make me the biggest dullard the forum has ever seen.

@Bogleg @Covertgrower @MattyBear @garrigan62 @Momtomask or anyone else want to chip in please do so.

I will put down two pictures below tell me which you think is GL and which you think is PH.

3 Likes

Top one looks like GL to me.

1 Like

Bottom one is Gold Leaf I could say why but I Won’t at this time…lol

1 Like