Grow Journal - Super Silver Haze, Gold Leaf and Purple Haze (Platinum Mix Pack)

Thinking a couple of weeks left…the 60x-100x mic arrives today or tomorrow so will be lead by that. That said maybe time to start a flush in a few days.

1 Like

Yes a good flush or just run nothing but PHed water till the end if you have 2 weeks you’ll be good as that’s how I flush at the end. I just gave my babies their last feeding and the next 2 weeks all they get is a gallon each PHed water every other day.

2 Likes

@Onlythebest79 must be honest and say while I take care of the plants I have never PH’d the water or checked. I tend to rely on the medium I grow in to ensure a sweet spot. The mill mud additive in other applications has always kept a good PH balance so used it with my medium and so far they have been good. That said now that I have said that they will probably go to crap :joy::joy::joy::joy:. Also I have used only one type of flower nutes for this grow and it quite high coming in at 0-23-28

1 Like

@Onlythebest79 I am at the stage now where I am considering what to do with the plant at the end. I normally gorilla grow and never paid to much mind at harvest just went by the red hairs and cut her down essentially.

This time I am considering drilling the main stem 7 days out, filling the tote with ice about 24 before placing her into darkness for 48 before the cut.

That said I have also considered reveging the GL as I like the structure and going on a mega veg period and scrogging again on larger screen.

The forum is good but gives me to many ideas :joy::joy::joy:.

4 Likes

I quite like the structure to some degree GL has put out and the Reveg is something I would like to try when I do the Banana trunk auto grow, just not sure given the above. Just placed a lighter in for scale in the pic as it seems the done thing😊. Looking at the photo best clean her up under the net a little.

7 Likes

Yes I must agree the forum is full of ideas. Lucky you not having to ph

2 Likes

@Onlythebest79 lucky me for being lucky I think it will bite me sooner or later, not to PH is not wise to be honest.

1 Like

True might not be wise but if it’s not broke no end to try and fix it right😁

2 Likes

Yes to a certain degree neglect has worked ok so far :joy::joy:

1 Like

Short update: FUNGUS NATS

Noticed some flying insects the other day near the plants and while not recommended hit the plants with my Neem mix while they were in week 6 flower. Figured better to do and face the consequences rather than loose condition or impact yield or plant health.

They appeared to be fungus Nats and no sign of larva the other day or today when I took a detailed look.

Have reduced the watering on the plants now to every three days as they are using less and less, and given this a wet top layer may have also contributed to the nats.

Today I found about 20 dead nats and no alive or signs of any about across the plants and no larva were present. Living near rainforests and jungle scrub when growing out doors can be a pain.

As usual not a good photo but none the less.

1 Like

Yeah, those are common when growing outside, unfortunately.

1 Like

Truth is when I have “Scrub Grown” it seems the beneficial insects have seen to any pests that have presented. The only thing I have had to worry about then was the bloody Cassowaries.

1 Like

Good you spotted them - just this past weekend I added DE to all my outdoor plants soil and sprayed this stuff for yucks and giggles - I might get some ladybugs too

3 Likes

i’m thinking of getting some ladybugs for my grow room…
i’ve pulled in some black gnats that need to go bye-bye…

3 Likes

My grow room is my bedroom so I don’t think I will do that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But outside in the greenhouse and in the yard :+1:t3:

3 Likes

i like ladybugs,but not that much …lol

3 Likes

9 Likes

A few bud shots from the GL as I have today off and am waiting to receive a new mic so I can see the tri’s clearly. I am thinking it is looking a little thin, and hopefully it will fatten up a little in the next 7-10 days. Move into week 7 tomorrow.

10 Likes

Damn!!! Those look so good man! Can’t wait to see what they look like come harvest… :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @MattyBear, just hoping they fatten a bit, and that I make my target of 5 ounces. At the moment not even confident I will easily make that.

I think maybe another 12 days in them and may even go longer as I am looking for cloudy tri’s with a good mix of amber when I harvest. That time frame may help them fatten.

Start the flush tomorrow and also thinking of splitting the stem.

2 Likes