Grow Journal ILGM Gold Leaf, Blueberry, Strawberry Kush plus God Bud and Cindarella XX

Ppm (parts per million ) is the reading of your tds ( total desolved solids) minerals in the water
So yes they are

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 Thank you!! Thought I did something stupid again lol.

2 Likes

The property was 111000 house was 20,000 average price in my area is about 200-250k I have shiplap siding under new siding interior walls are particle board over shiplap built in 50’s the shed I tore down last summer was original house had wood chip insulation round log foundation :wink: Building costs here run around 200-300 sqf to lockup materials then add labor that’s not counting permits wiring insulating drywall and finishing

1 Like

@Donaldj It’s always good to buy the lowest priced property in a nice area and fix it up, at least that’s what my father in law always said and we followed his advice. Cheers bro!

Loved the blueberry! I’ve only grown the auto, so it was cool to see in all her outdoor splendor! Thanks for the pic.

Just got here, so I’ll be chillin’ in the background…

Realized I made another stupid mistake. The drip contraption was only designed for nutes, and I need an option to solely feed it water, and maybe a few of the nutes that go with each feeding, like silica blast. Not a big delio, just need to use another 33 gallon trash can for this, make a lid, and attach a splitter with shut off valves to the pump input to select the source.

Also hit up the hydro store today and got the Root Organics 707 soil for the girls. Am also trying to make my own soil mix to test with my tomato crop. If it works out, will use that next year. The recipe for no need fertilizer is this. image

This is base recipe I might try for the girls next year

It really helps that a good friend is a landscaper and he put me on his account for a commercial supply store :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@DaGoose landscaping friends are helpful. I used to be one of those guys too. When you buy it in bulk it’s much more affordable. You should be able to get some drip line from the landscaping stores, as well as emitters restricted anywhere from 1 GPH, to 5 GPH.

@Covertgrower you nailed it. The discount is up to 50% off list prices, dependent on the product. And you don’t find those brands in the big box stores. My old fishing buddy is doing me good lol. I help him with wifi, video, and pc stuff, so it’s a fair trade. Plus, you can make your own custom recipe, kinda like cooking.

I’m having way too much fun with this!!!

1 Like

Made a few mods to the drip setup today. Added a 4 way valve to the input. Really only needed a 2 way valve but I’m not good at moderation. Plus it serves nicely as a lid stopper. Got me to thinking I could add a 2 way valve on the output and use it to feed the drip line, or as a transfer pump.

Having a blast “piddling” as wifey calls it. I come from a long line of piddlers. Somehow it’s not piddling if she needs something done lol.

Happy Green Day All!

6 Likes

I second that piddling! I do a lot of that too! I got a lot of boxes today… :wink: @DaGoose

1 Like

Looks like a nice setup! I would settle for my wife saying I’m piddling lol. She’s usually not that nice about it.

6 Likes

Still trying to get everything in order and keep on schedule. Got a rotation of marigolds, and all sorts of tomatoes outside now. Trying San Marzano…hope to can them but who knows. My soil building piddling for them is out of control. It’s time to get the girls started now.

@dbrn32 please don’t be mad…I needed a quick upgrade to give them a kick start and bought this…

Will definitely build my own next but out of time…got heaps going on including a 400 SF deck extension (more outside room for the girls lol…dont tell wifey)

Dropped some beans in the water today: Roberts Gold Leaf and Blueberry, plus Godbud. Still waiting for Cindy XX. It’s been almost 6 weeks so hoping for the best.

Cut up a piece of plywood and painted it flat white to go on top of the bathtub. Hung the new ligh…now I know what blurple is!!! Holy smolly…

It’s just starting yet again!

CYA!

3 Likes

You do you bro. I realize the trials and tribulations we go through, can’t be mad about anything. If and when you’re ready let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

Super stoked to watch the girls get fat!

3 Likes

So I’m still geeking out getting ready for more piddling. Need to add reflective material to my makeshift grow room and thought a curtain of sorts would be best to enclose the front, and it will provide easy access and block out the sinister red glow coming out from under the bathroom door. It will be a 2 piece curtain that opens from the middle.

Ordered this panda film just now

and will get this grommet kit from harbor freight

Grommet%20Kit

I am having a blast planning and piddling with this…and it just might work lol.

1 Like

You familiar with the panda film? You would probably need to attach it to the tarp if you want to hang it. Otherwise it can be taped or stapled. Good stuff when you need some reflection and light blocking.

1 Like

Love the manifold idea
Sweet

Been focused on building my deck with my bro in law. Great progress yesterday, and deck should go in today. It will be a great addition to the property, and give me some more room for the girls.

A few setbacks of note. My Cindy XX seeds never made it out of LAX. Good thing I bought the delivery insurance. Hopefully they arrive in a month or so. Still time for them to get big and fat but can’t afford any more delays. Makes you REALLY APPRECIATE ILGM’s delivery guarantee at no extra charge!

I dropped some beans last weekend to get them started. 3 of Robert’s Blueberry and 2 Gold Leaf, and 2 God Bud from BC. 1 day in water then in wet paper towels in a ziplock bag sandwiched between 2 dinner plates and onto a seed warmer, which was new this year to the process. That may have been a mistake. 1 for 3 on the Blueberry.

0 for 2 on Gold Leaf so far. 1 started to sprout but it broke off somehow when I checked on them. The other had a funky green color around it.

2 for 2 on God Bud.

I removed the seed warmer a few days ago just in case that was the problem. That room is around 73 degrees with the grow light. Any sage advice would be greatly appreciated. Last year I was lucky and had 100% germination.

The good news is my buddy still has 1 Blueberry seed he’s gifting me from last years purchase. I also have backup Gold Leaf seeds. So it’s all good!

The sprouted beans are going into soil today, and I’m booting the veggies out the grow room.

This years grow has officially started!!!

Happy Gardening All!

4 Likes

Personally, I’ve never had any good luck with the paper towel method. I just soak them for 24-48hrs. As soon as the seed splits, into my soil. If they haven’t split after 72hrs, they still go in the soil.

Out of 20 ILGM seeds planted, only 1 didn’t sprout. I’m blaming that one on getting lost in a cat fight.

Good friend with the seed. Always nice having someone that has your back…

4 Likes

looks as if your tap root dried out/or maybe cooked…it looks brown.

1 Like

Thank you…I was thinking it got too hot…and I should have heeded Robert’s germination guide and used the water to soil method like @FloridaSon. So shall it be from now on.

Lots to learn…and great to do it with so many great folks to help! Just adjusted the new light to 5 feet like recommended so I hopefully that won’t be a surprise too lol.

Gotta get ready to work on the deck now. Thank you again!

2 Likes