Grow Journal ILGM Gold Leaf, Blueberry, Strawberry Kush plus God Bud and Cindarella XX

If you’re pretty sure you’ll be in 54”x30” see if you can score the xl 260 kit for similar price. It will provide a little more even coverage in that space. If not, you can run the standard 260 kit a little higher. If you get a kit all the drilling and tapping is done. Most can assemble with screwdriver and wire strippers, in short amount of time. Piece of cake with probably a dozen of us that could help you through it.

Thanks @dbrn32! That makes sense and is a better fit for the rectangular space. I found that kit for $350 with free shipping. I’ve re-wired my boats before and watched a video on the kit assembly. Should be a piece of cake. I see the driver power leads are stranded. The video recommends tinning them, which I have done but it was a bit of a PITA. Would you recommend this?

And so it begins… :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Every meanwell hlg I have ever bought has come with end of leads already tinned. Also my experience that they will send a couple of wagos if you order an authentic kit, to make driver to led wiring connection. So even if they’re not tinned, you shouldn’t need to do it.

For what it’s worth, tinning stranded wires seems to be easier using flux and flux free solder for me. If you coat wiring in a little flux and then heat wire iron you can usually dab once or twice with solder and it sucks the solder right in. Using the rosin core solder it seems more likely to want to ball up on the outside, and you kinda have to poke at it with iron a few times. As I said though, you shouldn’t have to do any soldering.

Makes sense! I can practice to get my fingers trained and the process down if need be. No big whoop. The kit is from Growers Lights and the driver is a MeanWell HLG-240H. This is the scrog screen I made yesterday with stuff I had laying around here.

I have approximately 6’ in height to the bottom of the carbon filter to work with. Already doing the math in my head for the switch to flower if they double in size and I need 2’ or so for the light above. But I have no idea what I’m doing lol!!!

Going to use the soft pots and re-purpose my outdoor soil after a flush so starting with a fresh slate. Will add a wee bit of organic amendments I have but not too much. What size pot do you recommend? I see many use 3 gallon. Planning on 2 plants so I can go bigger and still fit them in the bathtub if need be. Have 6 seeds started but they aren’t sexed. 2 already popped up after going in soil 2 days ago. Maybe 3 is better lol. I have no clue.

Oh this is going to be so much fun!!! Thanks again for all your help!!!

Just ordered the light. Wifey is a tough negotiator so my outdoor grow is going to be severely compromised, but such is life. Stay tuned :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Awesome, congrats! I like 3-5 gallon fabric for most of my photoperiod plants, but I’ve been known to flower plants out in smaller pots too :wink:. Just all depends how long you wanna veg them for :v:

Thanks @MattyBear!!! I can’t wait to get the light and get this grow rolling bro!!!

No more caterpillars!!!

The biggest benefit over growing outside is not having to deal with as many pests haha

You’ll have more than you need in height for a scrog, no problem.

I don’t think you’ll need to solder either.

peace to the gods. i like god bud.

With aluminum just find the right drill bit size and your screws will bite just fine.

Hi All,

Today is a good day…the 20 ILGM WWA seeds arrived today…just 4 days after payment. How’s that for service! Also just notified my light shipped and will arrive Wednesday :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:. Ordered a Kill A Watt thangy that should arrive today so I can dial in the output voltage. Waiting to see how that heats up the room before I pull the trigger on a heater/Inkbird combo. So much to learn…and it’s sweeeet!!! Those seeds are gelato, not Tahoe. Got 5 popped up. Hoping to get at least 2 girls out of them. Was thinking of training all of them so I can use the scrog net somewhat once they show. It’s all good!!!

Make that the Wattage output, not the volts. Ah…volts, watts, amps…can never get it straight.

Volts x amps = watts :+1:

Here’s a quick and probably boring update. Been geeking out on controlling my heat and humidity. My temps at lights out are ranging between 65-60 degrees with the CFL just above the seedlings. It seems a bit too cold for optimal growth from what I have read. Robert’s excellent grow room guide says 68-77 degrees is optimal maybe increasing to 82 degrees later in flower with a temp swing of no more than 10 degrees. I also have printed the chart from another thread showing temp and humidity combined. It says optimal humidity overall is 40-70%. Our average humidity here is 50 to 70% so I’m within that range. I’m sure I’ll get a dehumidifier at some point…

Given my budget, I focused on heat. So I just ordered an Inkbird ITC-306T and a small Air Choice oil radiator heater with a rocker on/off switch so it will power up when it gets juice. Since the heater has no fan, I bought a small AC Infinity Axial 8038 DIY type ventilation fan to move the heated air from outside the bathtub where the heater will go. Will piddle up a mounting frame. All in it was about $90. Will start a new grow journal once I get it all assembled and installed later this week. Gawd this is fun. Thank you all again!!!

Sounds like you’re on top of it. The chart that references temp and humidity should be vpd. In your case, try to control what you can to keep that in range. Basically if you can’t do much with temp, try to keep humidity correlation to chart based on temps you have. Or, if humidity is more difficult to control, try to keep temps where humidity is in relation to chart.

Most of all, those are guidelines. If you can’t get to ideal don’t sweat it too much. Do what you can with what you have, and go from there. Plenty of people have awesome crops with environmentals outside of ideal.

Thank you @dbrn32!!! I have that VPD chart and kinda thought I would try to adjust the temps in accordance with the humidity which is pretty constant. I can heat but not cool. Can always turn on the exhaust fan / carbon filter to somewhat mediate things. My other concern is not blowing the circuit for the bathroom with everything running. It’s old and I don’t know how many amps it is (hope I got that right lol). But the QB setup will draw 250 if I max it out, the heater is 700 Watts and it power cycles on off so it’s not going to consume too much compared to other options.

Briefly considered doing lights off during the day so more heat at night, but I’ll anticipating some effort fussing with them training for the scrog and all, and want to do that when during the day so not constrained. Who knows where this will end bro!!! Thank you again!

I don’t have hlg-240 here, but they’re around 2.5 amps on full tilt. You’re heater probably 4 amps or so. I’m guessing at least 15 amp circuit maybe 20 depending on when your home was built. If there’s not other rooms daisy chained off it you shouldn’t have a problem.

Hi @dbrn32!! My light arrived and I’m assembling the power cord. The centerpiece that connects them has silver, copper, and a plain slot on each end. Do I connect the ground to the plain slot, or something else? Not sure if it makes a difference but I don’t want to take a chance lol…thanks in advance bro!!!:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Wait there’s more lol…just to make sure I got this correct, the driver leads are brown, green, blue. The power cord leads are black, white, and green. They connect like this as best I can determine from videos (driver side is listed first)
brown>black
green>green
blue>white

Sorry to be a pain but I don’t want to f this up…