Grow journal----Blue Dream auto & Big Bud auto. Round two

Yep, I got it on your advice @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Thanks every one. I had read that since my water is so hard. it will probably gum things up in a R.O. system. For that price, I can’t go wrong. I am using 2.5 gallons a day for the 4 plants. I am going to have to raise that up to at least 3 gallons or a little more starting tomorrow. I had thought about mixing my water with the bottled water. I decided I am not going to do that. Things could not go any better this grow. The B.B. has grown 5" in the last thursday. And that is after I accidentally took off one full set of fan leaves when I topped it. :roll_eyes: No more working on this with out my contacts. :grin:
I tried to copy in my water report for here but the site jacks it up so it in almost un readable.
Here is a picture of the B.B. a few days past 4 weeks. And the B.D. making more flowers I think.
Sorry about the purple. This is one of my bad days.

8 Likes

Looking good, even in the purple. Hang in there. I hope your day gets better, and there’s always tomorrow!

I have my ups and downs. I don’t let it bother me to much. I look at it as, I am a lot better off than a lot of people. So I am thankful for that. The pictures I take next saturday will be better. No purple. :grinning: I figure the way things are going with these now. They should be some nice pictures. I think I am going to order the ro set up you posted tonight. It may take take me a while to fill up 4 or 5, five gallon bottles at a time though :grin: Since I have the bottles here all ready. I would like to keep them full and use them on my really off days. :grinning:
For the price of that. It will be paid for in 6 weeks of not getting bottled water. I can’t go wrong.
You guys, A& Ladies are great. Growing is easy when you have all the support here.
I really do appreciate it.

4 Likes

You’re doing a great job, @Not2SureYet. Keep up the good work.

Thanks @raustin, I am very happy with how things are going. @Myfriendis410, @blackthumbbetty, @elheffe702. I watched the video for installing the ro filter. I don’t have an out door faucet in my home like they show. Do you have this adapted for a normal sink? Also they don’t show where the out put line goes to. Do you just put the end of the hose in your sink drain? I figure I better ask before I order. I was thinking of getting the 100 gal one since I will need at least 3 to 4 gallons a day. 2 gallons per hour could put a good dent in your day to make at least 4 gal. a day. I have not ordered yet. So if you have any advise. I am all ears. :grin:.

1 Like

I bought this:
Claber 8587 Quick-Fit Tap Connector Set

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YQQUJW?tag=greenrel-20

It works extremely well. You can’t even tell my faucet has an adaptor on it. It clicks on & pulls off. Takes less than a second to hook-up the ro system.

You can hardline the waste, put it into a bucket, or put it in the sink/tub/etc. For the filtered h20, you can use anything that is clean & convenient, from a bucket to a specially made holding tank. I use buckets for both, but when I’m feeling lazy, I drain the waste water into the sink.

It takes 3 hours to fill one 5 gallon bucket using the 50gpd model.

3 Likes

Thank you for the link. I am going to have to thing for a day on weather i should get the 50 or 100 gallon one. The 50 would mean I would be spending about 60 hours a month just making water. The up side would be that if I felt lazy. I could run down to the store and fill a few 5 gal. bottles in a couple minutes. When you fill your buckets. Do you just set a timer? I do have a lot of free time which is a bonus

2 Likes

There is also a minimum water pressure requirement for any R/O system. You want to make sure you have enough at the tap.

2 Likes

After figuring out the time, I do now set a timer.

Definitely check your water pressure, as @Myfriendis410 posted. You also have to pay attention to the temp h20 you filter; it affects filter rate.

3 Likes

I have mine installed under the kitchen sink, same as you would set up a drinking water reverse osmosis system, only without the tank and faucet. I put a “T” with a shutoff right in line with the faucet supply line, so it’s not under static pressure when not in use. I don’t trust John Guest fittings, and it does leak a little if it sits under pressure. I got a few parts separately to do all this.

When I need to fill a jug, I stick the 1/4" water line coming off the ro buddie into the handle of my gallon jug so it stays put. The jug goes in the sink so if there’s a leak or I get high and forget it won’t flood the house. I set a timer for 30 minutes, and go about my day.

1 Like

Thanks. I am happy to find all this out now. I am not sure what my water pressure is. Since all the lines for the place were replaced a few years ago. I would hope they would be good still. I also wasn’t aware you had to heat the water up. Or have it consistent. I am in a mobile home so water temps will fluctuate with the out side temps. The water temp shows 64 degrees right now. I better look into this a little more before I pull the trigger on this. I kind of thought this was just install and run. :grinning: It sucks that the water here is so hard.

Oh, it is install & run! It’s very easy, but these issues are the same with most/all ro systems.

Thanks. I see I can get a water pressure gauge locally for 10 bucks. If I have enough pressure. You have convinced me to get this set up :grin: For now, I am back off to fill another 8 bottles lol A pain but if the plants are going to do this well with it. I am not going to chance using any tap water again. It did seem to work ok when I grew my very first plant if that is what you want to call it lol.

1 Like

Well, I am back for a little advise again. :grin: When I fed the plants last night. I tried them at full strength with what the bottle said. I was feeding them from an on line chart I found before. About 1/4 of what the bottle said. I only watered tonight and my run off for 3 plants was over 1000 ppm. It is normally about 225 or so. Number 2 B.D. doesn’t seem to care what I give it. It eats it up like a hungry dog. The run off for it was closer to 400 ppm. My question is. Should I just water till my numbers come down or flush and resume feeding. I am looking to get back to the 1/4 strength. Full strength didn’t hurt any of the plants. They all still seem pretty happy.
So, would you flush to drop the numbers. Or just watr since every one is still doing fine. I am asking for tomorrows watering. Thanks :grin:

Just water if you want the ppms down. Only flush if there’s an issue that needs immediate attention or is planned in your nutrient schedule (ex. Fox Farms)

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t think I would need to flush. Better to be safe and ask than jump and create an un necessary issue. I may have one small issue coming up LOL The B.B. is growing bigger than I expected. I am just seeing a few white pistols. Funny, I had forgot about it having to flower LOL I have been so focused on the b.D. that I guess I have just been on auto pilot for the other 2. I may have to rearrange the tent tonight though. Move the smaller B.D. under the filter and move the B.B. to the back corner. It is almost the same size as the B.D. I am afraid if I leave it where it is. I will not be able to move the lights up enough when it starts to flower. I have a feeling. It is going to end up bigger than the B.D once it gets going. Oh, Congrats on getting your license. That is great.

2 Likes

Thanks! If she’s just starting to throw pistils, she’s probably still pretty pliable. I’d arrange your tent and do some LST on the Bb so she won’t outgrow the BD when they’re in full flower. :+1:

Thanks, I wish I would have only started 3 plants now. I will re arrange tonight. I may need to borrow one of your multiple tents for this :grin: The AK is a week behind the B.B. and I am sure will be smaller. I will put it next to the B.B under the filter. I did a little LST on the B.B. I will pull her tonight and do more. New pictures tonight too :grin:. lol

2 Likes

Sounds good! Waiting to see the new arrangement :wink: