Grow journal----Blue Dream auto & Big Bud auto. Round two

Here you said you water at night

I am watering as soon as the lights come on

Just seeing if you water at night or lights on? Leaves usually droop at night before lights out and that’s completely normal. My BD was droopy last night and will be normal looking at lights on

2 Likes

Better to water first light. They drink during the day. Night time is when the roots are looking for more nutrients and O2.

2 Likes

My lights come on at 6pm. I water shortly after. When I look in on them in the morning, they are wilted looking. By the time I got to feed again. They all look like nothing ever happened.
Cool, that is exactly what mine are doing. I didn’t want to assume this was ok and find out later that I should have asked earlier. You have set my mind at ease my friend :grin: That means every thing is still going great.

1 Like

Thanks. That is when I do. I was typing when you replied. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that.

Sometimes I forget that you indoor growers run lights on at night and off during the day.

Whenever I refer to night and day, it just means light off and on…

2 Likes

gotcha, I run my lights at night to keep the temps stable. Other wise I would be low 50s at night and 80s in the day. This lets me stay around high 60s to high 70s all the time. I forget when you grow out side your temps drop quiet a bit. I got worried when I was seeing the lows in the 50s with the last seeds. it never seemed to bother them though. I think they actually liked the colder weather.

2 Likes

It gets cold in my garage in the winter and my temps can fluctuate from 55-75 degrees with lights off/on.

That is good to know. Seems once I start reading. Some say cold is fine. then I read don’t let the temps fluctuate to much. I think when I am done. I am even more confused lol I am keeping good notes this time. that way I can look back and tell me self that some thing worked or didn’t. Your temps are where I would be if I ran the lights 12/12 which is what I wanted. I had to add a couple hours because I was worried that 55 would be to cold. It gets coldest about 6am to 7am here, then warms up quick. I should be fine if low 50s now and then are ok. I better get out of here for a few. I need to go fill up a few water bottles lol I think a RO system may be in my future now that I see these guzzle water. I will check up on your thread when I return :grin:

3 Likes

Some strains can take temp fluctuations and not miss a beat. Temperamental strains might not like it as much and if you find one that doesn’t, then you know not to grow that strain at that time of year in your climate. Process of elimination that only can happen by growing them out!

5 Likes

All great info.

1 Like

well, the B.D have grown another 2 inches over night. I keep tying them down and they keep growing lol I am starting to think 4 plants in a 4x4 tent may be a bit much. The B.D. are growing fast now. Crowding out the poor AK. I may have to move both the AK & Big bud to the opposite side of the blue dream. I ordered another 450 light tonight. The 300w I got for my closet is over both the AK & B.B. right now. They are both small at this point. I know soon they will each need their own light.

I was just thinking tonight about when it is time to cat and dry these. The room is probably going to smell pretty strong. Do you think that I can hang these in a closet in the same room as the tent and

A) hope the intake for the tent is strong enough to mildly clean the air
B) run a duct from the closet to the tent and let it filter the air.
C) it will not be bad enough to really worry about.

I live alone so that is not an issue. The next go round. I am going to wait till all these are done before I start the next grow. That way when the plants finish “all at the same time” I can just use the tent to dry in. I can’t do that this time. The B.B. will not finish till about 2 weeks after the B.D. and the AK will be another week after that.

It is crazy now. I fed last night and watered tonight. The ppm run off for number 2 B.D was 69 and number 1 was 127. They seem to be keeping almost every thing I have fed :grin: It was close to 550 ppm going in. I am going to try and up the dose by half tomorrow and see how that goes.

3 Likes

You did the same thing I did last year. I crammed three plants into my 2’×2’ tent… they didn’t fit. I don’t know what I was thinking. And then there’s the smell of three plants growing in my bedroom. Unless you’ve got a really good fan and carbon filter I don’t think it’s going to take care of the smell, but honestly, if you live alone then who cares? I love the smell, if it weren’t for my husband and kids I wouldn’t even run a fan.

4 Likes

Bah! I have 5 auto plants in a 2.5x5x6. I had 6, but moved one to another tent.

Your girls look wonderful.

2 Likes

@raustin,I have a new 6" fan/filter in there. my room smells nice and sweet. I love the smell of skunk bud my self :grin: I am just looking forward to make sure I keep things under control. I will tell my sisters when the time comes to not bring the kids by then. I am keeping this from them till they are older. I normally go to there house so that should not be a problem. @blackthumbbetty, Thanks. You should have seen my last grow. All those nice brown leaves :hushed: I am pretty sure it was from the super hard water here. My tent is 80" tall. The filter is on one side. If I can keep the other 2 down to 3’ tall. I can keep them on the filter side if need be. Worse comes to worse. There are side flaps on both side so I can get in to water. I can just see it is going to be tight in there. I can only imagine what 5 in a smaller tent would be like. Being new. I am still working things out. My goal is just to make it all the way through. No males to worry about this time.

3 Likes

I did the same thing early on only it was 6 plants in a 4 x 4 lol. It happens and we deal with it. Obviously you could run a lot of small plants but we all like to fill our space with green haha.

A couple of things: don’t expect to harvest all of your plants at the same time. I have never been able (or wanted to) harvest like that because of the work all at once. Your plants will most likely all finish a couple of weeks apart which makes it impossible to use the tent for drying.

As for the smell; once the branches are hanging it can get pretty intense. Far more than growing plants. Plan accordingly.

2 Likes

Thanks. These will be done weeks apart. But I am glad you brought that up. I was planning to do 3 at the same time for the next grow. You just hit on a great point. I wasn’t thinking of having to trim all at the same time. I may stick to the schedule I am on now. Only drop from 4 plants in there to 3. I still have about 5 weeks to figure out how to reduce the smell in the room a little. Since the room is closed other than when I go in to feed. I may be ok. When it is time to harvest. I am sure I will have a whole new set of questions lol

1 Like

Well, I am going to start feeding every day now. I notice that the pot for B.D. 1 always feels like it is an empty pot when I got to water lately. #2 fells lighter but not empty like.
I do have a question on how you know how much you should be feeding. I will try not to confuse any one
When I water the ppm is about 315 ppm with just cal mag
Feeding at 3/4 strength, wihich brings me up to 493 ppm total
I am mixing at about 3/4strength for the nutes.
My run off for the B.D. are right at 120 & 190 ppm.
Should i keep upping the strength or stay where I am at?
I am using the flora combo. It shows i should be 1000 - 1400
Any advise for me. Plant all look great still. Oh, I am on week 6 right now.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-Bloom-Fertilizer/dp/B017H73708?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

I am just wondering. Is this still pre flower or has this started flowering
Thanks.

7 Likes

You are flowering! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re definitely flowering! Long pistils = big buds :+1:

3 Likes