Grow journal----Blue Dream auto & Big Bud auto. Round two

Autos grow very fast, and the next time you grow it’s going to be even easier. You’re doing great.

1 Like

Thanks, I can’t wait till I can try a real plant. or non autos. These are teaching me to be patient. Some thing I am not the best at. I have a fridge full of seeds and keep eyeing more. I think I have enough seeds as it is to last for at least a couple years growing 3 to 4 plants at a time. :roll_eyes: I really want to get some ACDC seeds though. I read they are supposed to be mostly CBD. I have a friend that has pretty bad neck and back pains. it sounds like it might be able to help her some.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve also got a lifetime supply of seeds in my fridge, but I still buy more. I’m always trying a different strain. That’s great that you want to help people who need real meds. You’re growing the best kind of pain reliever.

3 Likes

If you think autos teach patience, wait until you try a sativa outdoors! :wink:

4 Likes

You should start feeding autos flower nutrients at first signs of flower @Not2SureYet

4 Likes

@raustin, That fact some one else does the same makes me feel better. I have some friends that use this recreationaly and even more use it medically. So I have been looking more at the medical benefits for most of the seeds. I would like to grow a blue plant lol

@FloridaSon, I wish I could try growing out doors. Unfortunately where I am. That will never happen. So I will just have to be content reading others journals. Are sativas harder because of there height?

@Countryboyjvd1971, would pre flower be the same as flower? Since this is the farthest I have gotten growing. I am not sure i will know the difference till I start to see actual buds. The very first grow I did, I was not paying attention. Every thing just started happening once I went to 12/12. I notice a few flower sites seem to be getting thicker if that makes any sense.

4 Likes

Looking at this picture. is this my plants telling me to start watering twice a day? The branches are starting to droop some. This is mainly on the top branches of both plants. The pots are light. I am now giving them 10 cups of water a day and will up that to 14 tonight. They are using a most of it now.

3 Likes

She looks a little wilted, so yes, I would start watering a bit more. Are you watering till runoff? It’s time to do that and you won’t have to water that often anymore.

1 Like

Thanks @raustin, and yes, I water with the goal of 6 cups run off. I am giving her 12 cups at night and run off is down to 3 1/2 cups. I was going to start giving them 14 cups each starting tonight. I may stay at giving them 8 or 10 cups at night and then the same in the morning I just gave them 4 cups right now. lights out in 2 hours. I will look in and see if that made any difference in before then. If so. I will start watering in the morning and at night.

Remind me what size pots these are in because you shouldn’t have to water that often. They’re dying out very quickly, are you using coco? Sorry, I can’t remember.

No problem :grin: I am in coco and using 3 gallon plastic pots. Temp in the tent averages 72 - 78. Humidity is about 48 - 50. I started using smart pots on the plants after this. The Big bud that is in the tent is not using any more water than usual. I just figured since the B.D. are growing so fast now. They might be using all the water.

Are you planning on going to bigger pots? I think they might be getting rootbound that’s why they want so much water.

Thanks again for the help. :grin:These are autos if that makes a difference. I had read 3 gallons were recommended. I do have 5 gallon plastic pots and 5 and 7 gallon soft pots if needed. The plants are 4 1/2 weeks old. I can transplant if that is what is needed. I am pretty good at that. Al tho I haven’t tried it with a full sized plant yet. After pulling the male plants from the last grow. I realized I could have done them easily.

1 Like

No, don’t transplant. I forgot you had autos. Just give them more water, but I hope you’re letting them dry out a little, don’t drown them.

Preflower and flower ate not the same thing preflower youll see signs of maturity and ability to flower but no buds you can usually see these somewhere around week 4 of veg 5-6 weeks frim
Seed
Here this should help you @Not2SureYet

Thanks. So right now I am in flower since I am past the point you show in the picture. correct? if so. I think I understand.

From that last picture, you’re still in pre flower.

Once you start actually flowering, that clump of hairs will look like a small button bud. That’s what will build and fatten.

It won’t be long now and you will be able to see and recognize the difference I’m talking about…

1 Like

Cool. I will take a look at them tomorrow. Saturday ends week 5 for these. I can’t believe the difference this grow. Every thing is going very good. Sunday is picture day. I figure these should be 2 feet tall by then. Health little ones too. A few brown leaves on number 2. I was able to take care of that right away though. The Big bud is doing great and the AK-47 just went into the tent the other night. Was funny because for some reason, I thought I had started a magnum LOL I am all ready trying to figure out what to grow next :grin: I am being patient though. This doing what I think the plant wants as to what the numbers tell me is working out way better. I am still on the high side ph wise. I can’t get it to stay much under 6.5. Not sure why. The plants seem happy though. I fed tonight at about 550 ppm and run off was about 250. So they are using some of what I am putting in. Un like last time. You guys and ladies, would make great teachers here :grin:

4 Likes

Well, Today is week 3 for the big bud and 1 week for the Ak. And 5 weeks with almost zero issues for the Blue Dream. :grin: hard to believe. Every one is doing good still. This is a quick pic of them. The B.D. are inching up on 2 feet. Makes me wonder what a regular plant would be like in here.
I know the picture sucks but I am stoked to have made it this far… Who knows. If I make it through this grow. I may be able to change my name to kind of sure lol

2 Likes

I figure I better ask now rather then wait and find out I should have asked sooner. Plant are doing good. However I do have one concern still
It is the wilting leave issue. This is only effecting the B.D. plants. The larger plants. I water at night and by morning the leaves are wilted looking. By evening they are back looking great. This is the 4th day I have noticed this. Since I have about 5 more weeks to go. I don’t want to wait and find i should have done some thing sooner. For all I know. This could be fine.

I am watering as soon as the lights come on. I use 3/4 gallon to get close to a 20% run off. They are growing fine and using close to 2/3 of the nutes when I feed. Do you think this is some thing for me to worry about. they are in coco and 3 gal pots. Temps are ranging from 68 to 77. So, should I be concerned or am I still ok.
@MattyBear, @Myfriendis410, @FloridaSon, @raustin, @Countryboyjvd1971 Or who ever stumbles across this :grin:

1 Like