Grow journal----Blue Dream auto & Big Bud auto. Round two

What would be the highest water ppm you should use to grow? I was thinking of diluting mine as a temporary fix. Dragging 6 or 8 five gallon bottles down a week to fill will start getting noticed soon.

I was feeding with 400+ ppm filtered tap water for a grow and a half before I got my reverse osmosis system. Seemed to do fine until midway through stretch when the alkaline build-up got too high in the soil. Iā€™m still ironing some kinks out.

Donā€™t sweat the investment. Once everything is in line, youā€™ll save yourself money.

Thanks @elheffe702. @raustin, @Myfriendis410, @MattyBear, @anon95385719, @blackthumbbetty, @FloridaSon, @TDubWilly Hello every one. Sorry to tag every one but I know I need advise now. I think I have messed up and hope it is not to bad . This is in regards to the Blue Dream autos. They re in coco.
I have been super foggy brained the last week or so. I knew I was in week 8 but I guess it really didnā€™t register with me. I was just reading that I should have started cutting down on the cal mag at week 6. I have been giving 1 tsp per gallon since day one. I have also been feeding at 1/4 strength pretty much through out. I donā€™t know if it matters but when I feed. The ppm run off is about 70 on #2 and 200 on #1.
I notice I am seeing orange pistols showing up on some of the budsā€¦ I checked the trichomes and am seeing orange ones on some leaves too. Most of the trichomes look clear to me. but my eyes are not the best. I used an little magnifier to check.
I am hoping some one can let me know what I really should be doing now. Should I still be feeding? I did not use cal mag tonight. I am not exactly sure how long these should take to finish.
Thanks

7 Likes

This is the curling leaves on some. Mainly right under the center of the light. Lights are now at the top of the tent. it did not look like they got any worse tonight. And one more bud

5 Likes

There is nothing to worry about @Not2SureYet, you can literally flush everything away from your root system in a matter of days whatever your in, soil or in Hydro (which will be even less).

By the looks of things I would venture a guess of 3-4 weeks still (keep in mind I canā€™t see your trichomes).

4 Likes

And they look like they are pointing hard at the sky too. Usual culprits are heat or too much light,
I seen @FloridaSon say heā€™s seen low humidity cause it also

2 Likes

Thanks. I did move the lights up 2 1/2 inches. The most I can do now. Humidity has been pretty good. Could be a little bit lower though. I wish I could show the trichomes. My camera will not do that unfortunately. Should I keep feeding like normal?

2 Likes

Exactly what @TDubWilly said. Iā€™d also continue feeding her until you see most of the pistils turning brown

5 Likes

Thanks. I was not sure if that was what I should be looking at or the trichomes. This is the farthest I have gotten. Would suck to screw it up now.

Are you at 8 weeks from sprout or 8 weeks in flower?

1 Like

I am in the 8th week from sprout. I think this is week 5 for flower. I lost that part of my notes. I will have to check above. I think I posted when I saw the first ones appear. Should I keep using the cal mag? Looks like about April 6th I noticed the white pistols.

U r fine. She will flower for a minimum of 8 weeks maybe even longer. When u see most of your trichs cloudy u may want to stop nutes. That should give u a week or so to flush them out. At the end of that week or 10 days check the trichs. If u have them where u want them give her an ice flush put her in the dark for 48 hrs and chop her down. If they arenā€™t there yet only give water as needed until u like the split of cloudy and amber.

Your so close now. We should b harvesting around the same time. Enjoy the homestretch itā€™s exciting.

2 Likes

Mine are always pointing to the sky on one of my plants. Is it possible to have too much led light?

2 Likes

Yes, too much light can create a problem called photoinhibition.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will have to read up on the ice flush. As for lights. I have a vipaspectra 450 over each plant. I read a lot of the link there. Most went over my head.Pretty technical. Should I still use cal mag at a reduced rate, the same or not at all? Are the buds still going to fatten up a little more? The buds on #2 are heavier looking than on #1 I guess all I can do is hope the curled leaves relax a bit or just donā€™t get worse now. I guess if worse came to worse. I could switch the 450 with the 300 light that is currently over the AKā€¦
Another thing to smile about maybe? I am seeing white pistols on the Big Bud. The back of the tent is about to get pretty full I think. @anon95385719, cool. I will have more questions when it comes time to harvest I am sure.

But heā€™s in flower. Photosynthesis is at a reduced rate.

1 Like

If photoinhibition is taking place then they will begin to bleach

Another indicator and one that Iā€™m sure @TDubWilly used was the state of the pistils you photographed. Seeing white actively growing pistils tells you the plant is fully in flower and bulking up. When you see your pistils turn from white itā€™s time to start looking closely at the trichomes to determine readiness. You really should acquire a good microscope to view them for the correct timing for harvest.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I doā€¦

I donā€™t even break out the scope till Iā€™m getting close

1 Like

Yeah; me too. I broke down and bought a digital otoscope and Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t much sooner. It saved my last harvest.

1 Like