Grow journal 2-gold leaf 2-big bud 1-blue dream

They are in 5 gallon soft pots. First time I’ve tried using soft pots. Seems to be working ok. They do seem to dry out quicker than the 5 gallon buckets I used to use.

2 Likes

I use the soft pots. Love them. They do tend to dry out faster but that’s not a bad thing. I had 8 ft plants in 7 gal soft pots last year

1 Like

I got to water them tomorrow. Debating if I should just go straight water this time or if I should add a half dose of nutes. A few of my plants have the starting of burn tips. Also a few have the edges of the leafs are slightly brittle.

I’m noticing also that some of the growth looks like it is bumpy. It’s hard to describe. I’ll try and take a pic when I get home to show what I mean. I’ve never used nutrients that are mixed into then water I’ve only ever used a dry nute and applied to the soil and watered in so the flower power nutes are different for me.

1 Like

Here is a pic of the growth I was taking about

3 Likes

I had a plant a couple years ago that did some similar things. had curled leafs similar to yours. Mine was in the ground a rookie grow with bag seed. Long story short. The collective brain power thought it to be a over abundance of N. Turns out where I planted this one was a nitrogen rich soil, I flush or soaked with fresh waterand started using a 0 10 10 nute.
Plant did ok after that… but it could be just a genetic thing too! lol
watch it and see if it continues. if all is right with the process then its genetic or maybe not lol

2 Likes

I think I’m going to just water them with ph balanced water with no nutes this next watering and see how it goes.

1 Like

@Jmesser80 - could it be overwatered? Once upon a time I severely overwatered and the leaves looked sort of droopy and puffy for a week or more.

1 Like

I don’t think it is overwatering. I only water when the pots are lite when I lift them up. It seems to be more or less the newest growth on the plant. I know the newest tends to look that way while it’s young but it flattens out when it gets older.

sounds like a good plan to me.

1 Like

Update 2/28
All seems to be well with my lady’s.
I gave them a good watering on Sunday with a full dose of flower power grow nutes. I’ve been watering once a week to let them dry out but I think I’ll need to start watering every 5 days now instead of 7 but going to see how it goes.
Here are some updated pics. Every time I water them with flower power they have a Niven growth spurt. The plant that had the strange growth earlier on isn’t nice and bushy. It wasn’t like it fimmed itself. I actualy fimmed all the other plants on Sunday as well and fimmed a few branches from the plant that had fimmed itself.

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @AnneBonny @Covertgrower @Smokin_ernie @Donaldj @Ron330 @M4ur @Bshmstr @Laurap

7 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Nug-bug @SmoknGranny
@Kcdaniels @Bshmstr @Sasquatch @Flyr

9 Likes

I’ve noticed quite a few hairs growing off the plants now. In my previous grows I didn’t notice this many hairs. Freaked me out because I’m using a different light cycle than I have in the past. Using 16/8 this grow.
Here are some pics of the hairs I’m seeing. Almost like they started budding but they haven’t (or at least I don’t think they have)

7 Likes

Picture number 2 must be the Gold Leaf lol. Those big leaves…

I’ve been using 16/8 with no ill effects but am on a longer cycle right now just to keep the space warm!

5 Likes

You’re ladies look fantastic!

1 Like

Man some huge leaves :+1:

1 Like

Chill, is just new growth :+1:
Them are looking good and healthy :wink:
Keep doing what you doing :ok_hand::smirk:

1 Like

Looking great full and bushy @Jmesser80 you could even go 14/10. As long as they get more light than dark…

1 Like

Excellent! @Jmesser80 It amazes me what you guys can do under lights

2 Likes

I think you are correct it is gold leaf. Next time I’ll try and note which each strain is.

2 Likes

They love it. I was thinking of buying a new light this year but decided to just use the one from last year. Seems to be doing well. I have an old one for back up in case I get home from work and find the bulb blown.

4 Likes