Grow journal #1

If you want to stick with leds I would get into something a little more higher end using white diodes for flowering. You can do this a number of ways, but all will likely cost a little more money than the fixture you mentioned.

For a no bs best bang for your buck lighting setup in 4x4 i really like two of horticulture lighting groups quantum board 260xl kits. I’m not sure what your budget is, but they run about $350 if you assemble yourself. Growerslights will assemble and test for $35, but assembly isnt that big of deal. If you have wire strippers and Phillips screwdriver I think it takes average cat about an hour to do, and there’s YouTube video on assembly. Back to the budget thing, even if it’s a little tight i think buying one in conjunction with light you have would be a really good setup for now. You can always run a couple of grows and decide to add another later if you want.

If you have money to burn there are certainly other options that offer a little more performance. But the amount of money spent to what you’re getting for it really tightens up. As far as the majority or inexpensive lights available on Amazon, you’re not really saving any money with them. Buying them is just paying for a lot less performance. They use significantly less efficient components. And despite what most claim, even some of the very expensive lights on Amazon have been tested in integrated sphere as to being less efficient than hps on a per watt basis.

@SilentHippie runs two of the lights i suggested in a 4x4 and just harvested. If you wanna take a look at his journal for results I’ll link it below

2 Likes