Grow II, The White Widow AF Saga

Oops, that collage did not show all the girls:

3 Likes

4 out of the 5 WW sprouted, gonna count the failed one as one of my “freebies”. No harm no, foul.

Anywho, these are the survivors:

6 days old today (from sprouting, 8 since planting). They were germinated in Solo cups, organic seedling medium, outside in 100% shade, outside temps 80-90°. I have moved the in and out of the late afternoon sun but today, they are out enjoying the early morning sun and slight breeze we currently are blessed with.

Tomorrow, the gilrs move into their bigger and forever homes.

2 Likes

Elvira is still chuggin along although she is now not the best grower. I can see tiny green leaves under her disappearing white tips.

I don’t know what happened to her, she has a brown spot, she should be ok though.

4 Likes

Got a quick question for @raustin @Covertgrower @Nug-bug or anyone else that might be interested in answering-

I did a test flush on the soil I am going to be using for my girls. I have to add perlite to the soil (I’m doing a 30% mixture) before I plant and I know the values might change but is this acceptable values for transplanting?

PPM-1130
PH- 6.7

These are the bags bags in using for this grow. The plastic container is a 5 gal or 12" pot. Bushing by the amount of soil used, I’m assuming the bags are 8-10 gallons each. I don’t mind the flex, I’m thinking it will help move oxygen into soil, thoughts?

*edit- I also just realized the handles will come in handy if I have to move plants :grin::grin:.

5 Likes

6.7 is acceptable. When starting, you’ll just want bring your ph down over several waterings. @NavyVet420 the fabric pot will allow more oxygen and self prune roots.

2 Likes

5 days after sprouting, the transplant is done. One of my bags went MIA so Elvira get a plastic planter as her forever home.

Soil is not amended in any way other than adding 40-50

% perlite to my organic soil.

4 Likes

Imo 1100ppm is a Lil bit hight for seedlings.,maybe they’ll do alright. As long as it’s not time release, they should do ok, but expect a Lil burn

1 Like

No, stayed away fro MG and anything that is time released. FF nute guide says I should start feeding them next week.

If the soil you transplanted in to is that hot I wouldn’t feed for a couple of weeks.
I start out with ffof on 1st Trans and don’t feed for at least 4 weeks, sometimes longer. Depending on the plant. Don’t know what the ppm is on it though.

I ended up doing a 40-50% perlite/soil mix which cut my PPM total in half. We are rockinf along nicely, pics later this week.

1 Like

For documentation purposes, this the 4 girls day of transplant on 7-21-18, will be taking pictures again on this Saturday for comparison.

4 Likes

So this is not related to my grow but I know what lawyer to call if I get hemmed up on pot growing charges:

6 Likes

@NavyVet420 Thanks. I’m saving this. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like

As promised, pictures 1 week after transplant.
Planted 7/12
Sprouted 7/15 - 7/16
Transplanted- 7/21
First nute feeding- 7/23 FF Big Bloom

Elvira (brown planter) is chugging along.
Blue Thing is really funky looking, looks deformed

Green Thing 1 and 2 are the best growing with Green Thing 1 taking the lead.

1 Like

@tribblesr, yes. WW autoflowering. My dumb ass added too much water to the one that didnt make it. I searched for it and finally found the bean. Poor thing was waterlogged.

Current conditions, yuck!!

1 Like

@NavyVet420 not far from you. Feeling you

1 Like

Awesome ending to the other. Now lets get those others harvested!

Side note. Wtf was the white balls on the leaf u harvested???

1 Like

@PurpNGold74, looked like some kind of egg patch. Whatever it was, they won’t be hatching now :joy:.
These WW girls are taking off like you wouldnt believe, I am quite impressed the difference in soil and drainage can make. I will wait til Saturday to take and post more pictures even thought I don’t want to wait.

1 Like

Take a few for your ‘personal files’ and definitely make the public wait to see. I enjoy the buildup. :joy::joy:

1 Like