Grow Dots anyone?

I agree. It says “perfected for autoflowers” well what if your autoflowers start flowering at the 3 week mark?? That means the flower portion of the nutes won’t kick in until you’re 3 weeks into flower lol. Sounds to good to be true.

3 Likes

@Graysin @GreenSnek @Pet_de_Chien check this out lol

Greetings @1HappyPappy !

I am trying a new product this grow. Earthdust. They have a base you mix in the soil and let it cook 2-4 weeks. Plant and only top dress twice. @MeEasy is using with superb results. It is definitely geared to living soil and I don’t know if “that is your bag, baby” typed with an Austin Powers accent.

Let us know if you try dots and how it works out! I love to be aware of any innovations regarding growing our plant!
Tag me in your journal if you try it please!

4 Likes

I dig it. cannabis miracle gro.

Most certainly.

I gotta say I’m Team Skeptic - even using Jack’s I’ve had to adjust the feedings based on every plant’s needs. I bet it will provide the base nutrients just like soil would, but I also bet supplementation will be necessary. :v:

4 Likes

I agree. I have my calmagiron on hand for this grow. I will torture everyone here with a bad chemistry joke. What three elements can you combine to make a weapon? Potassium, Nickel, and Iron. Then you would have a KNiFe (knife)!

10 Likes

Oh, my turn.

What do you do with a dead chemist?

You barium!

8 Likes

For my last organic grow I threw 6 tablespoons of this into my bottom half of my coco coir so I had a boost of phos for flower time and I have to admit the results are better then usual my skywalker og is as frosty as my jacks girls , but I get to good of results to switch over to that recipe until I see some feed back

3 Likes

A question posted on amazon:

Question: How much should I use it per 5 gall bag?

Answer: The dosage varies from 1-3 teaspoons (5-15 grams) per gallon of soil. It kind of depends on how hard you’re pushing your plants. How much light, co2, strain, etc. I would go with 50-75 grams depending on environment and strain. Thanks
By RealGrowers SELLER on October 18, 2021

2 Likes

Thanks, for queuing me in…but no thanks.
I’ve jumped on so many “New and Improved” product lines additives over the years… I dig these guys Recharge, because it lessens some steps. I’m not sure I’d trust any time release coatings etc until its been out for a while and proven. Look how awesome MG is…or all the issues folks are having lately with Fox Farm Soils instability & bag striation variations. I’m all about simple these days, not laziness.

Not saying anyone is particularly lazy, marketing is to the “Set it and Forget it” mentality.

4 Likes

I might be willing to grab a bag of this and do a single plant with it. I do have some auto flowers I think I’m gonna get my neighbor to go grab me a bag and get a seed started prolly a fastbuds seed will let y’all know if I do get it to try seems okay for an auto reading the sites notes on it.

4 Likes

I 100% agree with you :100:. I tagged you just to show you, not to recommend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m currently trying grow dots out with ANVIL by gnome automatics. I’ll update on how she turns out

5 Likes

Just grow dots and water or other sources of nutrients?
Also are you growing in soil or coco?

1 Like

Sweet. Keep us posted. I’m running dots with coco coir with a side-by-side of Jack’s 3-2-1 in the same medium. :v: so far I’m liking what the Dots do for me

7 Likes

It’s basically MiracleGro Shake-N-Feed Tomato. GrowDots use ammonium nitrate while te MG stuff uses urea, but otherwise, the ingredient list is mostly overlap. It’s just a synthetic slow release polymer pellet. Fine for a veggie garden if you’re ok with synthetics, or perhaps your houseplants at a low dosage, but I absolutely would NOT recommend this for cannabis unless you are a total beginner.

2 Likes

This is nonsense. The pellets are a mix of fertilizer coated in a polymer to slow release. It doesn’t release different things at different times. It just releases everything slowly and (relatively) evenly. This mean, of course, that there will be plenty of unused soluble phosphorus and potassium still in the media come flower (assuming you haven’t over-watered and washed it out).

1 Like

Yes and no. The dots are a blend of different nutrients. They seem to be color-coded. There’s green, blue, tan, maybe others? They vary in size, which seems to be quite intentional as it will mean the largest nutrient pellets take the longest to dissolve.

Interesting. Not my takeaway at all. It’s been just fine for my autoflowering ladies. It operates just like every other 3-part feed (“proprietary stuff”, calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate) just in a one-and-done set up. It does still need the same supplementation that any other feed schedule would (such as the extra kick of N for transition, the extra dose of P & K in flower, microbes and so on.

I’m not sure I’d give it to a total beginner and say “here, enjoy!”

I’ve got a photoperiod in coco with grow dots, and two autoflowers in coco with grow dots. Maybe a photoperiod in soil but honestly I couldn’t tell you.

They have been fine. :man_shrugging:t3:
Worth mentioning I use synthetic nutrients anyway, so the threat of synthetic stuff is a non-issue for me.

5 Likes

I’m using Dots this grow got to say so far it’s one of the easiest grows I ever had plants are doing great

6 Likes
1 Like

:heart: :heart: right on my brother .
:alien: Happy Growing

2 Likes