Grow diary for my first grow ever! Named her Cherry, let’s see if she pops!

Day 18. Added a fan for strength training as recommended by @Storm. There was some algae growth at the top of the rapid rooter so I can her a trim and removed the shot glass of water I put there for humidity.

Also added back her cradle, wasn’t confident in her ability to stand on her own, will leave untill her stem thickens.

Also water change number two done today! Forgot to add the hydro guard before pouring it. Not sure if it’s a good idea to add it now her roots are in there… thoughts?

1 Like

Yeah, that’ll be just fine. :v:

1 Like

Day 19. Maybe I’m being a worry plant parent but I feel as though she’s struggling to find her strength to stand on her own. This is day two since I’ve added a fan so we’ll see just how much she strengthens up. The constant breeze is supposed to make her release hormones that aid in stem thickening

In the photos you can see she’s still tilting (in the same direction she tipped over on day 13 but the cradle is there to prevent her from tipping. She’s barely supported by the cradle as to encourage her own growth/strengthening (hoping I’m correct about that)

Otherwise she looks like a happy plant.

2 Likes

Looking good she will stand back up once lights out n she start rooting out

1 Like

I’ll be keeping an eye on her. She’s growing pretty fast and I’m planning to top her. She’s and autoflower and I know it’s recommend to not top those but I’m willing to take the risk. She’s a healthy girl so I don’t think she’ll have problems recovering.

1 Like

Don’t top her, just fim her. Less stress and better results. Check it out: FIM'ing Cannabis

Just read up on it, can’t believe I never came across this in my searches thanks! The only issue I have is knowing how many nodes I have. Are you able to tell from these photos?

1 Like

Looks like your plant is growing out number 5 right now.

1 Like

Is it too late to FIM?

Edit: I read the link you send and the recommendation is by the 4th or 5th nodes, I’m right on time

1 Like

Yep, I think you’re right where you need to be. FIM away

1 Like

Hopefully she doesn’t get mad at me for FIMming her. Misted her with some rainwater after as a peace offering :laughing:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: she will bounce right back

2 Likes

Day 21. She looks happy, newest fan leaves grew out a bit last night. Still to early to tell if I FIMed her correctly.

4 Likes

Day 22. Pistils are growing I think. One of her leaves had a spot in it not sure what’s it means. P.H is 6.2

Looks like you may have just splashed something on the leaf. Just carry on and watch for more.

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll have to be more careful next time. Not sure what it could’ve been.

Day 23. Hope everyone had a happy Turkey day! She got burned from the light, to be honest I’m expecting that to happen a bit more due to the size of the grow space. No biggie she’s a trooper. Still not sure if I FIMed right, can anyone tell?

2 Likes

Day 24. Her stem is a lot thicker now, I’ll keep that support stake in till mid next week just to be safe. She got another light burn but she’ll be okay, expecting a few more as she grows.

Honestly can’t tell if FIMming worked thinking of doing it again, I can’t seem to see the 4 new bud sites everyone talks about. I really wanted to FIM to slow down her vertical growth early but we’ll see.

She’s a healthy girl, glad she’s happy, been telling myself it’s the rain water I spray her with probs has nothing to do with it but I like to think it’s like Figi water to her :joy:

4 Likes

Looking great so far!

2 Likes

Looking great good job

1 Like