Grow box design considerations

Guys… Im getting ready to build my 2x2 grow box and like to ask for design considerations related to all things growing…

My box will be 2’x2’x6’ tall, constructed with cabinet grade plywood. I will be using LED lights.

So- I imagine there are things I need to consider that since I have not grown inside a box I may overlook… So PLEASE feel free to comment as much as you like.

I will let air come thru bottom, see the illustration…

6 Likes

Three suggestions:

Airflow, airflow, and airflow.

6 Likes

YES… Hence my design for air with a 190 cfm fan…opening in bottom under floor as shown is almost 4X the opening size of fan so it will not cause the inline fan to be inefficient

4 Likes

looks good… the air intake shouldn’t be too cold.

3 Likes

I would make the tent as high as possible since you are building it. 6ft is nice. 7 ft even better.

6 Likes

I think 6 be ok for me- Ill be mainlining- training to keep short as possible

2 Likes

Well if you keep 6ft. Stay with indicas.

3 Likes

Im going to start with Northern Lights, then may try Gelato… thats the plan with some Main line training…

1 Like

I’m sure you can buy a 2x2 grow tent for far less than building a 2x2 out of plywood

3 Likes

Money not the issue… Im making it look like a wardrobe / armoire…stealth…
/armoire

3 Likes

I’ve seen this done before. Heat and humidity (lack of) was the problem for the one I’ve seen. Hope you don’t run into that @eight.

3 Likes

Well if they can grow in micro cabinet, comptuer cases,etc… I can definitely make this work…

3 Likes

you moded a computer into a grow-box? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

That’s good @eight . You already have a leg up if you micro grow.

3 Likes

No…not me… I said if they… as in others, can micro grow…then growing in my 2x2x6 box be a cakewalk… im pretty tech type… and grow veggies already…grew bud years ago… so i just wanna grow indoors for personal stash… my post here is to be sure Im not forgetting something, or an oversight…u get my drift friends ?

2 Likes

Looks good man. I like your innovation. I’m excited to see how it turns out.
The top fan needs to be an exhaust fan. Sucking stain hot air out.
The lower fan needs to be an intake. Blowing cooler fresh air in. (Don’t let this cool air directly hit the grow bag)

Here are my thoughts.

*Like mentioned above think airflow. I see there is a cold air intake on the bottom and an exhaust up top. What about circulating air inside? Yes it will get pushed in and sucked out but you want that plant to slightly move. Like the wind in Mother Nature. Allowing the stalks to build up in hopes of supporting monster colas.
Fresh air is good but moving air is just as important.

*It’s way too skinny. If you want to pull out some weight then go wider. With only 2x2 that doesn’t give you much base at all. Especially if you are going to try training techniques. The light will hit those top branches but will never make it to the bottom. You will end up with a super tall plant with only flowers on the top 1/3 of the plant. Everything below that will get little to no light.

Happy farming…

2 Likes

Started my box today… door cut as well…

Time to put some finish on …

Oh yea…

2 Likes

Just like the wife wanted… lil bit of distressed look…blend right in…

Time for all the goodies now !

3 Likes

Getting it set up!

I’m

Air vent thru ceiling, exhaust fan in attic