Grow and Growth Log (the plants and myself)

Good catch, i didn’t even really see it there. I believe it’s ok as long as not linked.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m close already! Should VPD stay constant day and night or should I only chase it during lights on hours?

3 Likes

Ideally you’d want it to stay constant, but the changing temps might do that themselves if you are lowering your temps slightly in the dark period. I don’t have anywhere near the control you have, so I just try to keep it close to the right range. It doesn’t need to be exact… and not only that, I personally think some plants like it where it’s “supposed” to be and some don’t.

3 Likes

I have the ability to lock temp and humidity on both the day and night side. I’m going to keep my night temps around 77f and let the days get into the mid 80’s and I’ll adjust humidity to hit that chart. You guys are pretty awesome! Thanks

3 Likes

Once you’ve gathered the data you are gathering right now (like the VPD chart above), you will far surpass us, I think. Your investment in your weed farm is impressive on many levels. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say I’m not the only one envious of it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks man. I’m kinda an extreme hobbyist and if that’s not a thing, my wife would like to argue. I don’t like having nagging things in my brain saying “It could have been better if…” or “That wouldn’t have happened of you had this…” Cars, audio, mountain bikes, kites, BJJ, photography to name a few…all taken to the extreme…with little professional return besides maybe the photography.
If I am able to “level up” my grow because of the equipment, that is awesome but not my goal. I want to understand and learn as much as I can without having environmental obstetrical screwing thing up. If there is a screw-up, I want it to come from me.

6 Likes

I like your frame of mind. I approach all grow related things (and I guess live related things in general) with the mindset that it’s either something I can control or it isn’t, and if it isn’t, I don’t worry about it. I get to trying to accept it as soon as possible. :slight_smile: When it comes to growing, I don’t blame the equipment or the nutrients… I am the one that provides those to the plants. I think 99% of the things we think about for our gardens we over think, and I also think we are all over thinking how good our nugs need to be to be “good”, but I am no different than anyone else, I want to grow the best too.

Also I’m very high right now so excuse my rambling. :smiley:

3 Likes

I was gonna say, could nnever do that if i wanted to lol. Not with equipment I have anyway, so I never worried that much about it.

I agree with @Bogleg, we’ll be learning from you for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, I realize that with almost everything, there is a point of deminishing returns on investment. For some reason, that’s where my brain likes to live, deep in the “WTF are you doing” zone. I’m sure if I wasn’t able to throw $$ at things like this, I wouldn’t have the same mindset (well I hope not at least).

@Bogleg I’ll be joining yoiu in about 15 minutes!

Now for the good news!

A little less hungry and taking them up to 980PPM over the course of 8 hours today.

And 3 of 6 are showing!

57 15

So when do I start counting flowering days on these white widows? When I turn on the red lights?

4 Likes

No worries, you’ll get your money back and then some. I’m just a little jealous ha!

I count flowering days from when i see pistils. Not everyone does, but seems most consistent to me.

3 Likes

I’ll start counting when all 6 are showing.

3 Likes

Rewired the humidifier to bypass the digital controller. Good to go.

3 Likes

I do have to say that it is really nice to be able to remotely monitor and control the environment. Glad I went this route.

1 Like

2 Likes

Week 5 - The whole family

7 Likes

VPD dialed in. Thanks again for the chart guys.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind, keep us posted on any feedback you may have with the chart. I stumbled across it last week while looking for something else.

3 Likes

For sure. I am also charting plant growth week by week. The interesting learn for me will be comparing the first 5 weeks charts to my next crops first 5 weeks where I will have VPD dialed in from day 1. Ill do the same seeds next time.

3 Likes

That’s the same VPD chart I use :slightly_smiling_face: I do notice when I can keep in the proper range, my plants seem to grow quicker.

3 Likes

Seems to me when I am dialed in on VPD I don’t need to use a lot of nutes either.

3 Likes