Grow 4: ILGM Purple Haze greenhouse grow

Btw, ILGM came through immediately and I have a coupon to replace the GDP.

1 Like

Lows have been in the low 50’s but Saturday it’s supposed to get down to 39 then back up to the 50’s next week with highs in the 70’s

1 Like

That’s great on the seeds you’re back in business. Good company to do business with. Nice-looking bike, I forgot how flat parts of New Mexico is. I spent some time out that way in the 80s .

1 Like

@plumbdand @2GreenThumbs @Weedlover1 @Hammy

Greenhouse arrived an hour ago. Now the real work begins.

Replaced the GDP with Afghan autos and they should be here this week. IGLM is great!

I have one of each: California Dream, Chronic Widow, and Goldleaf seeds that I put out to germinate today.

I have about decided to not top Purple Haze and just let her grow to her glory. My husband sprayed beneficial nematodes yesterday on the lawn, garden, every potted plant etc, and got some on the leaves. I tried swabbing it off but that is the white on the leaves. I potted up the autos in Coco Loco in attempts to keep critters from growing in the soil as that is supposed to be less inviting to them. When greenhouse is built and plants moved, and man do we ever need to hustle, I will go ahead and buy the predatory critters that eat spider mites as a preemptive strike. I figure spider mites will be my most challenging thing, if indeed I have spider mites. They are probably everywhere.

I ‘highly’ recommend a La Siesta hanging hammock chair. Hot tub steps make for a good place to store drinks and a joint or two to keep the dogs from annihilating them.

2 Likes

It gets rolling pretty fast. I love the climate here. Ticks not a problem and scant mosquitoes. I love the wide openness of it.

2 Likes

Hmmm I see ILGM slapped a higher price on those Afghan autos they may know something we don’t.

Let me know how those turn out as superskunk is half Afghan and is a good IlGM cut. Lots of frost.

All the money your investing you should have that sucker on a recirculating system or top feed ebb and flow. Maybe next year right!!

That’s my dream a 40 pot recirculating system in a greenhouse with heat and air and a TV and bed. I don’t ask for much!! Lol!!!

2 Likes

That’s exciting, can’t wait to see it when you get it up and rolling.Good luck and Big Buds!

2 Likes

When we see if we can get the production license we will look at upgrading. AutoPot right now will work for this. I am getting a bit nervous on how they are going to set limits on where you can grow though. We may have enough acreage to be okay but still it is a residential area. Fingers crossed! Afghan is a favorite of mine. I have the photoperiod seeds but needed to fill one spot in the AutoPot lineup.

@Weedlover1 Thank you!

2 Likes

Love it!!! Girls look wonderful. I was able to get mine outside and repotted. Been crazy hot here, but they seem to be doing well.

Good luck with the greenhouse. It’s a fun project as long as you two work well together!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Love the chairs also. Great place to watch life from!

2 Likes

Plants look great, don’t forget to find a little time for rest I see you have the perfect setup.

1 Like

@Hammy @kellydans

Your garden looks great and that is what we are aspiring to have eventually. Ours is very raw right now. We are taking a hot, unused section of the yard, reforested it with fruit orchard and globe willows, mimosas, and elms. Eventually the greenhouse will be shaded over, but that is not a bad thing, I need a shade greenhouse and at our altitude, 4400’ the UV intensity here is pretty high. We plan for another ‘hot’ greenhouse when this one is filled and shaded over. Should we be so lucky to figure this out right. I see you have your plants shaded. Good tip for me. I am also putting in all kinds of herbs: lemon balm, bee balm, oreganos, thymes, French tarragon, rosemary, penny royal, lovage, borage, chamomille, many many mints, basils, parsley, fennels, ginger, marjoram, just about any herb you can imagine. I am just now scratching the surface of herbal healing. I started drinking a big cup of lemon balm tea each afternoon, from my plant, and I can’t believe what I have been missing out on all these years of having this plant and not ever using it.

@kellydans we are relaxing! Maybe too much. Yesterday I kept complaining how my rib cage and torso was stiff and sore and Wolf said, “well that answers my question on whether or not I want to sleep all night in that thing.” :laughing:

Morning hot tub ritual: loosen up with coffee and weed, and watch my tiny tiger stalk squirrels.

And we do work together well! We have dreamed for years of having a viable business where we could work together on our own terms. I come a cotton farming family and my inheritance is wrapped upped in that farm. And we would have loved to have been cotton farmers but it was and is brutal and the dependence on the government and whole seed saving fiasco and Monsanto scared us away. We never, ever in a million years dreamed it would be cannabis that would be our thing to farm. He already ‘farms’ wind, and we are green thinkers, so already working on greener ways to produce. And hey, if we don’t get a micro license here, we can move, or adapt to another part of the business, but I am also counting on the psilocybin mushrooms legalizing and being able to provide that product, although it almost seems like bad karma to market on the mushroom, considering all it has given us. But I think the mushroom would say, "hey, everyone has to eat or pay their way, it is not bad to provide for a fee something as that person might not value it otherwise.’ Or some BS like that…I am a tad high relaxing way more than I ought to this hour of the day. :rofl:

We got hail last night. My husband will not be happy to know his ‘menorah’ tree lost a candle.

1 Like

My wife’s fav, lemon balm tea! Thank you so much. The garden is my happy place!

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a great plan, living the dream. My wife and I also work good together getting ready to start building another house time to strap on the tools. I love cats throws up a picture. ( Tiny tiger )

Kitty is the closest thing to a cat I will get unless a random stray can beat out the foxes here. She is a pistol! We are going to Wisconsin in July and Wolf’s cousin has a Maine Coon that weighs 25 pounds and looks impressive. I have never seen one in person, so pretty excited to see this cat.

So, today I went ahead and FIMed the Purple Haze. I need to run to the nursery and pick up six bags of Ocean for the three seeds germinating. I only have two small Cow Pots, the nursery has been out of them. I am halfway contemplating plopping one of the ILGM photos in the 25 gal grow bag and put it outside and just see how it does.

2 Likes

I have never used a grow bag that big, but if my state becomes friendly I might give it a try out in my vegetable garden. Love the Maine coon breed that has been my plans for next cat.

1 Like

We just have too many predators around here and we have a doggie door. My husband is out at the company ranch this week and saw the usual mountain lion and also bear tracks. Because of the drought they are coming closer to towns now.

Hey, check out this bud from my Critical Mass.

5 Likes

That is awesome , you’re growing better weed than you can buy. holiday coming up would be a good time to put it to use. Very pretty

1 Like

:sunglasses: not bad for one bud. I roll 70mm w/crutch. Yes, grilling, chilling, hot tubbing, he likes the hours long Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin playlist going and we will definitely light one up in honor of our family veterans. His adopted father was Army and landed on beach at Normandy and fought all through Europe, his birth father is Korean war Navy vet, my whole side are USMC, including wounded warrior son. Would it be disrespectful put each ones initials on a J in their honor? Reckon the Viet Nam vets down would love it, not so much the old guard. :laughing:

2 Likes

I vote no initials , just enjoy. Add a little Blackberry Smoke to that music list.

1 Like

Oh wow, have not heard of them, that I know of. I will add them to my Sure Got Cold After The Rain playlist I made on Spotify. (The ZZ Top song. The list is sort of bluesy like that with some Nina Simone kicked in for good measure…because Mississippi. GdDmn and Sugar…

Reading over challenges of being a producer and setting up the grow building right to begin with. They start talking about HVAC, etc and I nearly have a panic attack. Trying to keep all this as simple as possible but it complicates itself really fast.

1 Like