Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

More nodes give you options, can always chop off some if needed.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser You think I can be close to flipping in a couple weeks? I was hoping to not go 8 weeks of veg this grow. I’m just over 5 weeks at this point.

2 Likes

Yeah they should be fine to go into flowering in 2 weeks.

1 Like

I guess I need to get ready for a transplant in a week or so if I make the 2 week goal. Need to transplant before flipping right? I need to do some back reading and check my notes…but I’m under 3 days in between feeds…so getting close I think.

2 Likes

Would be best to do so and give them a week to get comfortable in their new homes before starting flowering.

2 Likes

Guess I need to go with my gut and quit asking so many stupid questions.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Always nice to bounce ideas off someone for confirmation as your confidence builds.

4 Likes

Day 40:
This morning after lights out I did a neem oil treatment.
Tonight fed all 6 with silica, full strength 321, and recharge. pH 6.5. In the low 50’s DLI and may turn up one notch next feed. That’ll put me in the high 50’s.
Will have negative pressure “suck in” taken care of by the weekend hopefully….3D printed brackets and will probably use 1” wood dowels for bars. Metal is way more expensive and PVC has too much bend to it.
Clipped a few leaves covering bud sites and 2 plants have most of the 14 branches growing well and will have way more this grow.
Roots are going crazy…I can see them in the pots drainage holes and even at the top of the soil, so I feel pretty confident on next weekend’s transplant to 7 gal fabric. I have 9 days to my goal of flipping to 12/12…not sure if they’ll be ready.
Couple pics after feed:

Will be interesting to see the root balls after harvest. This is my first grow using recharge and microbes and no tap water (chloramines). I’m pretty sure there will be a much more impressive root structure this time.

6 Likes

Not really grow related but I grabbed a new “poker” for my glass. Will work better than a piece of copper wire I’ve been using. lol

And here’s the wife hand feeding a squirrel….haha. She loves this kinda thing and it took her a couple years to gain their trust.

And a question for anyone….How often do you clean your glassware? I do it at least weekly but often more than that. I was given a little crap for cleaning so much….am I being a little obsessive? That is for sure possible but I do like to taste the bud a little and not a smokey ashy mess. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Depends on the piece, but I keep my rigs pretty clean too.

Much more so now that I have good tasting bud, didn’t care nearly as much when it was street weed…

3 Likes

I like to keep my smoking tools pretty clean. Not much of a bong guy though, I like to kick back and chill in my leather recliner with a glass pipe mostly, that I clean weekly.

3 Likes

I don’t own bongs anymore…I have a glass pipe (that rarely gets used anymore) and a glass bubbler. I really “need” to expand my glass collection…just can’t decide what I want. I like simple…some of the bubblers are way to ornate for my tastes.

3 Likes

Little coarse sea salt and iso does wonders in the glass pipes… Whenever I had made that discovery, things became much quicker / simpler to maintain.

3 Likes

I initially bought “glass cleaner” then I was told what was in it…haha. Way cheaper to buy iso and salt and make your own.

2 Likes

Yeah I just use alcohol and salt and some bristle pipe cleaners.

I had thousands of dollars of really nice bongs (used to collect them), my adult children ended up breaking them all over the last 2 years, no more expensive bongs til they move out.

5 Likes

I still had my bong from 30 years ago until recently…a 16" acrylic tokemaster. Back in the day where I lived as a teenager, if you had a tokemaster you were somebody. lol Thing was tank, but eventually someone knocked it over and broke the stem. I never could get the new stem to look good and carried it around broken for decades and finally threw it away.

edited to add: just looked up the TM…now renamed Tobacco Master. lol

3 Likes

I’ve been using the one of the J2 Journey Pipes a lot lately, really like the swivel cover on it and its super easy to wipe down after each bowl. No clogging, no filters needed, I like it a lot more than I expected to.

While I still prefer glass in the kick back and chill category, its really nice around the house over the weekends, etc… Kind of tempted to order a J3 with the larger bowl just to have around as well.

2 Likes

@MaD-VapoR personal preference. I clean mine monthly, but I should do it biweekly. You would really like the bubbler I have from GRAV. Lookem up!

2 Likes

Looked them up…they have many bubbler shapes but I may order the Wave or the Rain bubbler. I have one similar to the Hammer they offer. I do like what they have though…some nice pieces for sure.

3 Likes

Actually just pulled the trigger on GRAV Wedge. With the Labor Day code it was a no brainer. Good stuff…thanks for the tip. I have my eye on a few other designs. Slush Cup is what I wanted, but read reviews and the stem is prone to breakage and it’s “tippy”.

5 Likes