Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

We’ll….I couldn’t help it. Tester bud is still way too wet but outside was drying since it sat in a paper towel all day. Broke it up by hand a took a little hit….a half hit. Swirl, exhale through mouse and nose……then sit back. 15 mins in I’m cray cray high. This will be some very strong indica bud! Smell is different…can’t put my finger on it now but I’m positive this will be a great tasting smoke as well.

I need to put this phone down….I’m stoned af! Half hit.

lol

:v:

12 Likes

Thats a promising smoke report!!!

4 Likes

Haha very nice!!! I remember @Hellraiser saying it was a very potent smoke

4 Likes

lol…reading what I wrote (which took almost 20 mins) makes me laugh. I slept like a baby though…which is what I needed. This is a great before bed smoke for me…can’t wait for dried cured bud.

Nothing really to report on the drying…they’re drying. Temps/RH are amazingly good for me right now. Avg temp for the past couple days is mid 60’s and avg RH is also in the mid 60’s. I tweaked a few things to get the RH down a touch and so far its working today. I did turn the exhaust fan down to setting #6 and I’ll monitor and lower tonight or tomorrow as needed. I’m hoping to keep the drying going until next Friday so I can start trimming over the weekend. That will be ideal but you know how that kinda stuff goes…never works out the way you want it.

9 Likes

Glad to hear the bud turned out so good…and it’s not even cured yet! Freakin’ awesome, bro!

I just read how you set the tent up to dry and I do something similar. But the two things I do differently is I have the lower intake fan on low and the upper exhaust fan on #1. Then I have my humidifier connected to an Inkbird humidity controller set to 65% with a 2% delta. Now all I have to do is control my temps. As for drying the bud, I can go 7-8 days unattended and they land right at 10-12% on the moisture meter. When I read another member doing this and I bought in, it took a ton of guess work and stress out of my drying process.

Great job…and I loved your high post!!

6 Likes

Sounds like you have your setup dialed in…very nice! I don’t have an intake fan…the small fan on the bottom I have on #1 is an AC Infinity circulation fan just to stir up still air on the bottom. Exhaust is up high in the beginning to get the humidity out and I’ll slowly lower it every couple days or so. Similar to what a couple others here do. I thought about an inkbird device(s) to help but haven’t pulled the trigger on it…and probably won’t for a good while. Drying this time of year (or even summer) is easy for me…as long as the AC never shuts off. When it cycles on/off I get a spike in humidity from the exhaust fan pulling outside air into my small building. Even with the dehumidifier running constantly, I’ll still get the spike…from the outside air. This is the main reason I don’t turn my exhaust fan to high during lights on. Anyway…it’s working the way it is and eventually I’d like to try inkbird, watering automation, @Covertgrower style extractions, home THC testing, and, and, and…the list is endless. hahaha

And you might get another “high” post tonight…lol. I’ve had a week of stress and overworking so tonight I am letting the bubbler do its magic. Turn on the TV and watch something funny…eat some Cap’n Crunch and just do nothing until my eyes shut. That’s if the wife doesn’t have plans or wants to talk too much.

7 Likes

@IP54 Do you have a journal going?

2 Likes

I’ve done a few in the past but not currently. Present grows are two White Widow & one Night Queen in one tent and one Big Bud & two Afghan in the other that were just transplanted. All autos. All in 3 gal pots.

The reason for no journal is I’m using Grow Dots exclusively on this grow. I messed around with it last grow, but this one is totally dedicated to them in all seven pots. That said, it’s not very eventful….just water/FishSh!t/Tribus Grow (about to switch to flower) every two or three days (growing in soil, half Coast of Maine/half Coco Loco) and every fourth feeding is Recharge. No mixing Jacks, silica, CalMag, bud enhancers, etc. It’s like watching paint dry. :joy:

My main objective was to see how well it works and to have a less ‘hands on’ grow during the Summer where I’m more busy socially….I live near the ocean and enjoy the beach, boardwalk, boating, fishing, etc.

So far, six weeks in and tent one is going well.

They went to flower not quite two weeks ago and have almost stopped stretching. Now it’s bud packing time. Like I said, like watching paint dry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Far too true

1 Like

Not much to report. Still drying. I tested one of the smaller-ish buds and it was reading 19%, so small buds may be pulled soon. I did some defol on them too…I didn’t cut anything when I chopped them down, so I crawled around under them and cut all of the big fans off and moved some things around. Bottom fan is on #3 and exhaust fan in on #4 now. Temp/RH holding steady except for the late afternoon hours where it is impossible to keep the tent at 60. I’m hoping they’ll be ready on Thurs or Fri so I can start sweating them…my paper bags came in over the weekend so I am ready. I need to get my buckets ready…I have some Blue Dream still sleeping in one of them.

And I found 5 seeds in that test bud I took from Collard…I think she’ll be the seedy one (I hope its just her). Not a big deal since I knew there were some issues before I even started this grow. We’ll see soon enough. That is probably the reason Collards buds were so much smaller…more energy going to the seeds. Which were full size, mature seeds. Sooo…I have the genetics now. lol

8 Likes

Sweet man!

1 Like

I did stay lit for most of the weekend. Tried a few new edibles and one was pretty good compared to most commercially available ones I have tried. It was 15 mg THC and 15 mg CBD. Nice even super functional buzz for several hours. It is past time for me to try making some edibles…I have everything I need (except for time). Still deciding on which way I will do the extraction(s). I need to do a keto cookie recipe for the wife, so I spent little time this weekend looking at those. Most that I found use cannabutter…so I’ll try that way as well as QWET.

5 Likes

Any recipe that calls for budder can be made with QWET. Just use regular butter for the recipe, and add your QWET oil to the melted butter, and mix thoroughly.

4 Likes

I wanted to try different methods of extraction. But I may just do it the way you mentioned since that’s the way I am prepared to do it.

1 Like

Definitely try different methods. Infusion works great, but controlled dosing is very difficult. Unless you have a tCheck or some method to determine the strength of the infusion. You can get a good estimate using this calculator:

4 Likes

Today is 7 days of drying…the longest I have been able to dry so far in my growing career. The smaller branches are ready to be put in paper bags…will happen tonight. Bigger branches need a couple more days I think, so I turned down both fans: exhaust is on 2 and lower fan is on 1. Also raised the dehumidifier to 60. I will probably cut up the whole plants that are drying…to spread them out a bit for the last couple days and make it easier on the “put in paper bags” day.

On another note…Blue Dream is still rockin’ my world. I love that strain and after Runtz, I may do another full tent of nothing but BD. Seems to be the fave of everyone that I have given buds too.

7 Likes

I have only tried edibles once. My boys scared me with their stories of eating more than wanted. I have to try it again soon.

3 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

I’m eating commercially available gummies/pop rocks/etc so dosing is fairly accurate. When I start making my own cookies/gummies I’ll be a little more careful as I figure out dosing. Don’t need a whole day of me drooling and glued to the couch staring at the TV. lol

Thanks man!

9 Likes

Just start small, and work your way up. No surprises that way.

6 Likes