Grow 3: Quantum Haze

I’m by no means against using nutrients. I used General Hydroponics on my first grow with reasonable success. You just have to be very careful with the additives. It’s not hard but you can screw it up. Oh and 1 rule I try to adhere to is: Don’t garden stoned! Wait until you’ve fed your girls before blazing up. Lol

2 Likes

LoL that is a good rule to live by. I would probably hurt my plant or something if I garden stoned! Thanks for the info on the soil. Definitely something I’m going to check into.

1 Like

Good morning growers! Week 4 of veg.

Plants look a little droopy this morning but just got watered. I probably should have watered yesterday but held them an extra day. When I opened the tent this morning the Strawberry Kush plant’s biggest fan leaves looked like this:

I believe it’s due to under watering as her soil was very dry and the tacoed leaves were only on the two biggest leaves. They were very dry and brittle feeling so I went ahead and snipped them off. The other 3 plants looked a little droopy also but not as dry as the Kush. I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days but I expect it just needed water. Feel free to make suggestions if you think it’s something else. Thanks for stopping and have a great day. :sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

Just an update. After watering this morning, plants have perked up again. I do notice that the Super Silver Haze is showing slight tip burn on the new growth but still not anything to get concerned about yet.

5 Likes

Definitely under watered. Have experienced the same “taco” effect with under watered outdoor grows in the past. They are looking super healthy though! Nice!!

1 Like

Good morning growers.

Week 5 of veg. The plants are all coming along nicely. I’m thinking about flipping in two weeks but we’ll see.

Plants look a little droopy but just got water and some lollipoping. I’ve been bending and cropping snd putting them through it this last week and they all snap right back.

The Super Silver Haze is catching up in height but still hasn’t been topped. I’m already expecting a little lower yield from her but this run is for strain hunting anyways.

I like the way the Pineapple Haze and Purple Haze are growing so I decided to take some clones and ended up with a couple from each. We’ll see how they do.

Thanks for reading and happy growing! :sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

The ladies are looking wonderful. All of them :wink:

1 Like

Tonight everyone has perked right up.

9 Likes

Wow they did! Were they thirsty? They look much happier.

1 Like

@Missiles
Yes they were thirsty. The Strawberry Kush drinks more than the Haze plants. I only water twice a week and this was their “long” period. I like to let them get a little thirsty once a week. I feel like they respond well to a little dry spell. Never more than a day or so. They won’t be as droopy on Thursday when they get watered next.

1 Like

Yes that would be a lot better than over watering. I have to incorporate a balance in my watering too. I had to step back before I drowned the girl. I think it will be easier once I can lay out a schedule. But your girls are looking really good!

1 Like

It’s really not that hard. I’ve tried soil meters and weighing the pots but in the end, nothing beats the finger. As you can see from the morning pics they get real droopy when they’re thirsty. In veg, I usually water Mondays and Thursdays. As they go into late flower they stop drinking as much and sometimes go 5 or 6 days between waterings.

2 Likes

Week 6 of veg.

Plants are drinking more. I usually water on monday and yesterday they were thirsty. Watered each with over a gallon of ph’d water and got some more lollipopping. I try not to take too much at once but they looked a little raggedy after defoliation yesterday.

Today they almost look like I didn’t touch them.

They will probably get flipped sometime this week.

9 Likes

They look nice and lush.

1 Like

A lot of growers moving to these or diy build miss this. Plants don’t grow as tall because of the increased intensity, but they definitely grow fast!

@dbrn32
I went ahead and flipped them tonight. I’m currently running the 260s at 150 watts. Should I gradually increase the intensity or should I just crank them up? And should I run them at 100% or lower?

1 Like

Definitely increase it gradually. Usually say a few days between adjustments if you keep them minor. 15” or so seems to be pretty good height to end up around full power. Feel free to challenge that if you want, everyone’s plants are a little different.

3 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32. As usual, you’ve helped us all a ton!
:fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

No problem! If you need anything I’m happy to help.

1 Like

Good morning folks. We switched to flower last week. Saturday I turned the QBs up to 175w and I’ll probably kick them up to 200 tomorrow per @dbrn32 's recommendation. Plants look amazing and im getting a little stretch but I can use a little. I’m already seeing some pistils starting on the Purple Haze.

Let’s get these girls flowering! :sunglasses::v:

6 Likes