Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

-thinks about “liking” the post then decides :fu:-

1 Like

Would the insides of the bud be at the same development as the outside? That bud has been hammered with light since the stretch and wondering if it’s more of a surface thing or a throughout thing.

3 Likes

I would expect the same level of development inside the bud.

4 Likes

Been a little bit since last update. I think Wedding Cake will get the chop very soon while Blue Dream seems to be taking longer…fine by me, the buds keep stacking up nicely! Notice the leaning bud tower? :wink: Some slight color changes in BD leaves but not too concerned at this point.

Blue Dream:

Wedding Cake:

Wet Dream:

Purchased my Infiniti lease over the weekend since the car market is crap right now and they had this car sitting there….sat in it and man…I’m not much of a Chevy fan but I’d drive this thing! lol Hard to get in and out of (old man) but super comfortable once you’re in.

7 Likes

Buds coming along nicely!

Yeah I see a mid engine Corvette in my future, got to take my CEO’s mid engine vette for a drive and I was highly impressed with it, the acceleration and cornering is amazing.

6 Likes

I should have pushed the salesman to let me test drive it…at least around the lot. lol I love how the engine is so visible…you can see it from the front seats and the back glass. I can imagine high speed cornering is no issue for this beauty. I like to push it a bit in my car and it handles corners pretty well, but this car…I’d probably have to change shorts after a fun ride. haha

4 Likes

My biggest disappointment is the lack of manual transmission. I’ve driven really great DCT cars, and fully appreciate their precision, rev matching, speed, etc… BUT there’s still nothing like the feeling of rowing the gears yourself on the perfect B road…

Given potential inevitability of electric in the future, I couldn’t resist hunting down the right car with a 6-spd manual for what may unfortunately be my last dino powered sports car when I purchases last Nov (thankfully right before the COVID pricing explosion)…

4 Likes

Same here, though the paddle shifters make it almost fun enough.

3 Likes

That “almost” almost swayed me, but in the end / in hindsight I’m very happy with my decision.

Here’s the thing, honestly… Even without the paddles, a well tuned DCT is FAR faster and more precise than I could ever be. I have it in my Macan and while its not even close to as good as some of the others, you end up finding that using the paddles is really only because you want to play with them, and you start using them less and less.

I test drove a 718 Boxster S with PDK, it was insanely impressive. Once the drive wore of I was left feeling like it was an incredibly impressive party trick.

Objectively, a well tuned DCT is vastly superior performance wise, just not enjoyment wise (for me).

3 Likes

True, I’ve had paddle shifters on my last couple cars and I rarely use them as the computer can shift way better than I can, they are just for playing no doubt. But I’ll always have a real manual trans car in my garage as well.

2 Likes

Paddle shifts have their place, but there’s real skill involved with heel toe’ing the peddles all while rev matching the gear into a turn. It’s a lot to manage, but that’s the thrill of going around the track.
DCT is a lot faster, but I feel as if you get “spoiled” and removes driver skills from the equation. I really feel this is where manual shifting really shows what kind of driver you can be. Smooth input is KEY, because when you’re on the cusp of losing traction, smooth inputs maintain that control.

I feel that DCT is here to stay, but I would still be using the paddles at the track, particularly in the corners. It’s just something to get used to.

4 Likes

For sure, don’t want an unexpected gear change in that situation. At least when using the paddle shifters, it forces it to stay in the desired gear and maintain higher RPMs.

3 Likes

Yesterday was 10 weeks since flip….time flies when you’re growing fun! lol Been pretty busy over the holiday weekend…played with grandson for 4 days, put up Xmas lights/tree, ate, slept, smoked, and ate more. Had a great thanksgiving and I hope everyone else did too.

I ordered a 500ml of Tribus for their Black Friday sale….should last me all of next year. Haha.

Blue Dream is having a small issue…leaves are turning yellow, just fans not bud leaves. So I checked runoff last night and readings were: pH 5.8 EC 2.4 Not great but not terrible. So I think the biggest issue has been the cold weather…outside BD is doing the same thing. So I fed them 3g/2g/1g with pH of 6.7. Trichs are mostly cloudy with very few ambers so I think it has at least another full week, probably more.

Wish I had a better pic of the yellowing leaves, this pic shows the leaves starting to yellow.

Wedding Cake is done! I did the last water only last night so they’ll get cut down at some point this week…wed/thurs evening before lights come on. Smell of WC is super nice and strong!…wife could smell it on me when I came back in to eat and watch TV. I think I’m at <10% amber.

You can see some nice colors starting on one of the WC…first for me! Was pretty stoked to see that yesterday. Outside WC has been dark for a week since it’s been pretty chilly in the evenings.

Kids were here and they went to the dispensary…I bought a couple strains to try and I think my last grow had better bud. They also bought some concentrate so I got to try it for the first time. It was a Sativa and I did it at my parents right before dinner…lol. Was a good dinner. :wink:

:v: :seedling:

8 Likes

I’ll be dropping a new grow this upcoming weekend. Super excited for this grow but I need a light for seedlings since I only run 1 tent currently and will be starting their grow in my office closet. I don’t think I want to use the 2 CFL’s I have used in the past. Can the HLG 50 be used effectively for seedlings? Or any other suggestions for a light that’s small…I’m all ears. Need to get this ordered today so I get it by early next week.

5 Likes

I’m sure it could but a HLG 135 (bspec or rpsec) would be a much more versatile light (it dims from like 30-150 watts) for just a few more bucks if you don’t mind putting together the kit. For a already assembled light for seedlings I’d probably just go with the HLG 65, cheaper than the 50 and will get the job done. The only reason I’d go with the 50 is if I wanted to use it as supplemental lighting when not using it on seedlings.

2 Likes

The HLG 315 kit looks like a winner to me. A little more than I need for 5-6 solo cups, but I may be able to use it in a small tent eventually…for seedlings/early veg. Now the question is bspec or rspec? lol

4 Likes

Bspec for veg all day

3 Likes

That’s my vote, but trying to see into the future and what I’ll use it for. I doubt I’ll use it for anything else but seedlings/germination.

2 Likes

For veg/seedlings/germination the bspec would be the way to go. You could always convert it to an rspec in the future if desired, just swap out the LED board ($79).

3 Likes

$151.20 with “dude”…not too bad. 135 bspec kit is on its way!

4 Likes