Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

Cool man! Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

I smoked a ton in my late teens and early 20’s but stopped and chose :v:other things :v: to do. lol I started back right when covid hit (30 years later)…CBD tinctures weren’t working anymore and I had to get some decent sleep with all the stress that was happening. My sleep was 1000 times better and still is…versus the cbd slowly becoming ineffective over a 4 month period. My tolerance is slowly building…used to be just waving the bag in front of me would work. :joy:

4 Likes

It has begun. 3 GL 3 CP. I’ll get them all started and in tent then cull out the smallest of them.

3 Likes

Happy Pho for lunch day! I’ll need a nap after this.

3 Likes

I live a good life… I don’t get jealous very often… but that looks delicious and I have no Vietnamese food near me. Enjoy!

2 Likes

This place has an awesome Pho…some of the best I’ve had, and only a mile from work! And I was right…I need a nap. :sleeping:

I did have a ton to do today…had an employee call out :v: sick :v: so more for me to do.

3 Likes

12 hours and all 6 seeds have cracked…woohoo! These girls wanna get in soil asap! :joy: I didn’t have time to do it this morning, so first thing when I get home tonight around 7pm they are going in dirt. That’ll be 24 hrs in water.

1 Like

Is that ok to leave in water 24 hours after all have popped? Want that drown them. Im asking cause i was always told after pop put in moist paper towel if not my seeds would drown

1 Like

I have left one in water for over 48 hrs and had a tail almost 3/4 of an inch long and it did just fine. I wouldn’t leave it too much longer than that, and honestly I would have pulled them if I had time this morning. And I left a life preserver in there so they don’t drown…just in case. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol ok i was just wondering

1 Like

I wanted to try just sticking them in pre watered soil…no soaking…like hellraiser does but I chickened out. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I’m too scared to do that… If I can’t see the seed, it might not be there anymore… Schrodingers seed!

1 Like

Seeds sitting comfortably in soil. Dug around to remove any sticks from seed area and saturated soil and let sit for 15 mins before dropping seeds in. These are the most consistent set of seeds I have ever seen. All 6 have an identical 1/16 of an inch sprout showing.

3 Likes

Just got home from picking up the wife (11 hrs in the car :roll_eyes:) and went to check on the baby girls…they’re about to break ground. So today is Day 0. :joy:

2 Likes

Today is day 1. All 6 are at same height and a few still have to ditch their helmet. One wants to hurry up apparently.

4 Likes

Day 2:

Didn’t take a pic this morning, but all seedlings have their serrated leaves now and seem to be eager to grow. The last, lone AK47 is still under the HPS (7-10 days left), so I grabbed a CFL and put it over the 6 baby girls. Should be fine for a week or so, then I’ll be in a bind. lol

Good stuff happening! :seedling:

1 Like

Day 3:

All 6 are getting lanky…sheesh. Plenty of light, but pretty tall sprouts. It does look like they stopped stretching, so hopefully when I get home they’ll have stopped any upward growth. They’ll be ready for water in a day or two, so I’ll water them then put a little more soil in the cup since there was some settling from the first watering. That’ll cover up some of the long legs.

AK47 may be longer than a week to go since there still aren’t any ambers showing. About 75% cloudy, so she is close…and may chop at the first sign of amber trichs. Main cola is heavy, so had to tie her to a support and tied a couple other heavy branches that would’ve broken in a day or two.

1 Like

Day 4:

Filled the cups all the way, no water yet. One has legs up to her neck lol. Had to make a wire harness for her…will baby her but she may get culled eventually. New bag of HF and it’s full of fungus gnats :roll_eyes:. Maybe since it’s cold outside but my garden storage shed is somewhat climate controlled? So mosquito bits are in cups now so I don’t forget tomorrow when they get their first watering.

AK47 is on day 87 of flower and was given her last nutes. I check trichs twice a day. :joy:

1 Like

Day 4:

Seedling stretch has stopped and cups are getting lighter…probably could have watered today, but still a little too heavy. Tomorrow will be their first watering, and I’ll take a tds reading of the runoff. I have been talking with Cody from JRpeters and I might be adding nutes (at a way lighter rate) on the second watering (in a week or so). No pics…see the above post…lol. Leaves a little bigger but no major change.

AK47 still has some bud growth happening, so I must’ve misjudged when flower started. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Day 5:

No pics again…bigger leaves, more leaves starting. Watered them today with pH 6.4 water (1/2 DW 1/2 Tap). Runoff pH was 6.3 and ppm around 900. I think I did 150ml per plant and captured 250ml of runoff. Fungus gnats…ffs…glad I did water today…watered in the mosquito bits. Little b1tch3s! :angry:

@Hellraiser When is it safe to use neem oil? Seedlings are 5 days old.

AK47: more bud growth happening…will this ever finish? lol

1 Like