Grow 3: Blue Dream and Wedding Cake (post 1125)

Those roots look absolutely gorgeous

2 Likes

Tent girls looked great this morning….they can stretch their legs a bit and do what they do. And with the other two plants outside now (I caved and will grow the two outside against my better judgment) they aren’t crowded in their. I raised the light a bit and turned the light down a few clicks last night and will most likely turn it back up tonight after I take new ppfd readings.
From this morning:

I need a bigger bucket so I’m considering a 10gal Brute trash can. That way I can mix 7 gals of nutes and not have to do 2 mixes.

9 Likes

Forgot to mention…had my first equipment failure last night. One of the 6" genesis fans quit working after almost a year of constant running, so I ordered two so I have a backup. I remember in @Hellraiser 's Gorilla Glue thread he talked about having backups for everything. If I lost a critical piece of equipment I would have been scrambling to find a substitute…fan is not too big of a deal but still.

10 Likes

Man those are some healthy looking girls you have there buddy. Im doing everything in my power to have such healthy plants. And definitely following this thread man. Looking great.

5 Likes

I’ve had a few. Mostly minor failures. Potentiometers are always taking a crap. Might be a bad run, or it’s just that the veg tent has more humidity than the flower tent.
Also had to replace a power cord.

4 Likes

Yep, got to have backups of all critical equipment to minimize down time, I have backup lights, exhaust fans, circulation fans, wave makers, water pumps and manifolds and sprayers (for aero-cloner). I expect everything to fail, just a matter of when.

6 Likes

“Two is one, and one is none.” -Some Dude

I’ve been gearing up to get a replacement fan and lights lol

2 Likes

And it doesn’t have to be pricey, I kept a couple of my HPS lights, ballasts and bulbs, could throw one up in 10 minutes if needed. Though I have replacement drivers and extra led boards as well for my HLG’s. I replace my exhaust fans every couple years and keep a couple working ones on hand. Circulation fans I just replace yearly and buy a couple extras as they are cheap, those I just replace before they fail as they seem to be one piece of equipment that fails the most.

2 Likes

Looks like tent girls are having a good time in their new pots….some really good growth happening over the past day or so. I was thinking they looked a little small from me hammering them with too much light but they seem to be picking up the pace with more leg room.

Outside girls are much smaller from being pushed up against the side of the tent for the past several weeks and they need a pretty good defol. These are not topped since I knew they’d be outside. One was droopy and needed water but it rained last night so she was super perky….good rain water and morning sun. :+1:t3:

Fans will be in today so I’ll be spending a little time tonight fishing wires through the spaghetti port hole. lol

:v::seedling:

9 Likes

Plan is to slowly add replacement parts. I have my HID and next is another Ac infinity exhaust fan. By the end of the year I should have everything for the inevitable breakdowns.

5 Likes

Looking beautiful @MaD-VapoR

2 Likes

Thanks man! And to think I was about to ditch them about a month ago…lol.

3 Likes

You made the right call letting them stay, gorgeous

4 Likes

@MaD-VapoR i feel that, i was thinking the same about this unknown seed I got from a friend but it’s crazy thriving now!

4 Likes

Plants looking nice and healthy!

2 Likes