Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

I posted a few updates on Grow 1 in @Hellraiser 's journal, but wanted to recap what I have learned in Grow 1 and will immediately follow with the start of Grow 2. This may take a day or two to get this thread rolling…I just got back in town late last night and operating on minimal sleep. Step-daughter had a healthy baby boy late Saturday (I’m a grandfather now!), and was living in a hotel and running supplies to the hospital as wife, step-daughter and her friend needed them. I’m too old for this sort of thing anymore…I need my 8 hours! :joy: Now I am at home alone (wife stayed to help with baby) and dealing with lack of sleep and have to take care of indoor cats, and half of the stray cats where we live, and work. :roll_eyes: So not used to this…

Grow 1: Found ILGM through a buddy on Discord from a game I used to play, and was totally intrigued by all this, so I ordered seeds (autos) and jumped right in…with no planning. Closet grows can be challenging…fresh air, for me, was the biggest hurdle, so my grow definitely suffered. I started with the worst blurple ever, then to CFL’s, and finally 600w MH/HPS. I used FF trio, and didn’t flush :man_facepalming: so a couple weeks into flower I had a serious nute lockout but managed to fight my way through it. The WW’s gave me just shy of 125g, and still have an AK47 under the lights. I did use sledgehammer on the AK last week, and already see healthy new growth on the bud sites. AK has several weeks left and might get the same weight as the 2 WW’s combined. So Grow 1 wasn’t the prettiest thing, but I did manage to pull a decent amount of bud.

Grow 2: I have a new site for any future grows, and have been getting that ready for a month or so: Insulation, climate control, electrical, etc. I started the last climate test today…need heat and AC on right now due to cool/cold nights and warm days and will be keeping an eye on my WiFi hygrometer to see how it does over the next several days while I germinate. If things work out, I’ll be running the tent by the end of the week with photos this time: Cherry Pie and Gold Leaf. I’m considering doing a side by side with FF trio (and sledgehammer!) and Jacks…it’ll be a little more work for me, but why the hell not.

My stuff: Zazzy 4x4 tent, 600w HPS/MH, Infinity s6, 2 6inch fans, FF HF, FF trio + sledgehammer, Jacks with bloom booster, PH20 pen, cheap tds pen (will be getting a better one soon), 7 gallon fabric pots, homemade 8 inch intake filter, and the other misc stuff I’m not going to list. I’ll have pics of everything in the next few days.

And it looks like me and @Dankloud are in a :v: competition :v: for this grow. :joy:

That’s enough for post 1…I have edited this crazy rambling too many times already. More coming soon!

12 Likes

@Treasurestoy You asked for a tag…here it is!

So it begins! Guess we are going for total weight after drying? + Points for presentation?

Watching of course.

3 Likes

Sure…if you want. I’ll be doing 4 plants though. :joy:

3 Likes

I knew you were going to say something like that lol. I was in the middle of editing my previous post with “One plant each of course lol” then you beat me to the reply ahaha

2 Likes

lol…yeah, I’ll pick the best of mine then. :rofl:

Man…i need to buy more :v: likes :v: , how can I be out so early in the day?

1 Like

Thanks so much im following along this is the way i learn even more and recognize my mistakes.by following others grow.

3 Likes

No problem…welcome aboard. I’m still learning quite a bit myself.

1 Like

Here’s the WiFi hygrometer I went with. There was some talk on another thread somewhere on which to get, but I didn’t want to spend over $150 for the damn thing, so I ordered one without a hub and it didn’t even come close to getting reception. After looking for days, I found this one, with hub, waaaay cheaper. It doesn’t have a robust history feature, but it does have a simple, hourly updated line graph. Good enough for me. And firmware will update on the hub and sensor.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JP39RLP/ref=sspa_dk_detail_7?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08JP39RLP&pd_rd_w=wtXyQ&pf_rd_p=45e679f6-d55f-4626-99ea-f1ec7720af94&pd_rd_wg=rNE0u&pf_rd_r=5KPFNRTHA0W0S49NG123&pd_rd_r=8890bcfd-08e8-4fed-b3a3-10df1ba6450b&smid=A2E6L4XU587CP3&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFPS0RGRjk3NjFKQjcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NTI1ODUySDI5VjZUVjZKOUVWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NjQzMTIxSzFEU0RFTzg2Q0hBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==&tag=ilovegrowingm-20

added affiliate tag. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on an intake filter, so I made my own. Maybe $50 total but won’t have to buy another again. I will use a cheap 10x10 paper filter

and 2” thick aquarium filter foam (washable) and may at some point try HEPA but I don’t think it’ll be necessary.

7 Likes

And Jacks just came in. What’s with the hand print? :joy:

1 Like

Thats fed-ex tracking system

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

After watching the recent history on my WiFi hygro that I posted above, I think it’s safe for me to move forward with grow 2. Early morning hours hover around the mid 60’s and mid day stay around 79 (i set the AC to 79). I think since I’ll be running light over night, I won’t have to run the little ceramic heater much, unless there’s a cold snap that comes through. I’ll drop 6 seeds tonight…3 of cherry pie and 3 of gold leaf. Looks like I’ll be 2-3 days behind @dankloud but I think he needed a head start. :joy:

4 Likes

I been looking at the bakers pack. From ilgm cause I’m curious about the cherry pie im growing American pie auto.right now and its getting huge for a auto.

1 Like

I was looking at them for a while and then they came up for sale…buy 10 get 10 and then 5 gold leaf for sh!ts and giggles. I mean…who doesn’t like a cherry pie right? :cherries: :pie: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Right im gonna gone and order some. have you ever grown ww ? if so how was The high the first time i tried some in 2013 i was stuck. I really dont know if it was ww but that’s what i was told and don’t want to order it if its not gonna give me the high im looking for

2 Likes

My first grow was WW and AK47 autos, and well, that closet grow was a challenge. All the bud from WW’s are in jars now and I’ll start tasting in a week or so. AK is still under the lights. I’ll let you know what I think, but you’ll have to keep in mind that I’m a light-weight…couple tokes and I’m done. :joy:

1 Like

Following along to soak up as much of this knowledge as I can!

2 Likes

Light weight huh ! Well i have a high tolerance and for it to put me on stuck mode i thought wow.

2 Likes