Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream!

They like to burrow into buds after they form and just live in there eating tasty bud snacks and pooping and making conditions ripe for bud rot. I spray the buds til dripping, very wet, after the sun goes down.

3 Likes

Well damn…I need to re-spray then. I was trying to keep the direct heavy spraying away from the buds. lol No wonder he parked himself in there…he knew I was a noob and doing it wrong.

3 Likes

Glad to have learned this now. I only have little clones that will someday be outside kids.

3 Likes

Absolutely…learning something almost every day. I’ll be a mini hellraiser soon. :joy:

3 Likes

I’d love to say that too… but soon won’t be soon enough :joy:

3 Likes

Photos were really bad this morning…so not going to share them.

I did want to ask the masses…Do you find yourself shopping for “gardening” supplies more now? I went to Lowes this morning to pick up a couple personal items and work items and wound up spending the majority on cannabis related items. :joy: Insulation for grow area, some aluminum rods for negative pressure in tent, Cap Jacks, a pump sprayer for plants (easier to get underneath leaves). hahaha

edited to add: Wedding Cake on Sale…dammit. I can’t not get the sale…that’ll be my next grow: Wedding Cake and Blue Dream.

6 Likes

Yep, constantly shopping for garden supplies, always looking for new or better stuff.

4 Likes

EC pen is here…time to calibrate and tinker, then tomorrow it gets used for realz. EC will be a new avenue for me…always used ppm. I assume most use the 500 scale? I’m about to set the pen up…

2 Likes

Lol COVID is what triggered me and girlfriend to start smoking after 20+ years too

2 Likes

Nice, EC is the international standard, when talking EC you don’t have to account for what country someone may be in and what ppm scale is used there, EC is the same everywhere. When converting EC to ppm I stick with the 500 scale conversion for discussions as I assume most people I’m talking to here will be using 500 scale (US) ppm meters.

4 Likes

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around if you have 1,000,000 parts and 500 of those are nutes, how does that differ from country to country?? I guess My thought on what PPM is (Parts Per Million) must be wrong?

3 Likes

Yeah…I thought I understood wtf is going on…but apparently I need to watch a few youtubes.

cornfusing

4 Likes

Just different standards that came to be, like the metric system used everywhere else vs the USA standard, just different ways to measure things. Europe does it one way, we do it another way.

What’s the difference between ppm500 and ppm700 scale?

The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution.
The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution.

6 Likes

Is there anything this man doesn’t know. Praise @Hellraiser :pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Have you ever thought about something so much…that it became harder to understand? lol I have typed a couple questions 10 different ways and keep deleting trying not to sound like an idiot.

An EC reading of 2.1 for example. That is 1050ppm…using 500 scale right? So if someone is using 700 scale is where I’m getting thrown…ppm should be the same? Or is it different because they are measuring different things (KCl/NaCl) like you said?

If I said I have a reading of 2.1…does that mean the same thing to everyone?

2 Likes

This is exactly why I went with EC lol. PPM seems rather pointless imo.

2 Likes

lmao…I have spent, literally, hours trying to wrap my head around this crap. Thinking in circles. Did I smoke to much last night? Total brain farts happening today. Reminds me of when we started this business and most everything was metric. Was a pain to learn, but it’s second nature now. This is the same thing…

4 Likes

Yes, an EC of 2.1 means the same thing for everyone because EC is universal, regardless if EC meter is bought in USA, Europe, or Australia, why I like EC better than ppm, no room for confusion.

Correct. EC 2.1 * 500 = 1050 (on 500 scale)

The EC of 2.1 in 700 scale would be 1470 (2.1 * 700 = 1470)

The conversion from EC to ppm:

ppm500 = EC x 500
ppm700 = EC x 700

So EC 2.1 = 1050 (500 scale) and 1470 (700 scale)

That’s why it’s important to know what scale a ppm meter is using as you could tell someone to go 1470 ppm on their feed which could be fine if using 700 scale but could burn up their plants if their ppm meter is on the 500 scale.

5 Likes

Well…of course that’s the answer. lol

And to be honest, I knew that…and I admitted I was over thinking this whole damn thing. Thanks for clearing up what I already knew but was too stubborn to listen to myself (and you). :man_facepalming:

Thank you sir.

4 Likes

What is everyone using for storage fluid for EC20? Not super clear what should be used to keep probe in tip-top shape.

2 Likes