Grow 14 Gas lantern light and lots of autos šŸ„ø

I keep seeing term fox tailing and have gathered it has to do with lighting issues but what it is exactly and why is it a bad thing? Is it stretching of the bid instead of keeping it tight and dense?

1 Like

@Nubie419plus1 If you looks where the arrows are pointed here. You will see this is not one solid bud. It builds little buds on the main bud. Like little fingers. Mine is caused by heat stress. It also can be cause from lights to close. It is not terrible to have. It will degrade the trichomes a bit from what I have read. I get this more than I like because of my room temps. It makes trimming harder also. But the smoke is good still. :grin:

4 Likes

So best to discard for edibles if they arise? I just know everyone seems to hate seeing them but half the time i dont see anything diffrent in the pictures. Appreciate the break down kind sir, helpful as always!

1 Like

There looking good nice job as usually Sir, are your Jack Herer ILGM autoā€™s?

2 Likes

I am not really a smoker. But I canā€™t tell the difference between a plant that has foxtails or not when smoking. @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @MattyBear should be able to give a better answer than I could. I wouldnā€™t be using good buds for butter just because they fox tailed. @Deepsix

I donā€™t think so. I thought I had a few of their JH autos. But my list shows OA. I will go into my orders and see if I can find the breeder from a JH order from them. I may have an old back up of my seed list to show if I ever had ILGM JH seeds or not

4 Likes

Im new to this all and dont know much about heat displacement but in theory couldnt ya implement something similar to a moonshine cooling system/radiator tubing to suck the hot air through and naturally cool it down? Im way out of my knowledge here but would a large intake circulating through copper tubbing cool down a room or no? Ive got one of those minds, my badā€¦stoner brain i reckon.

1 Like

@Nubie419plus1 I canā€™t get the room any cooler than my place is. And with the heat we were having. It was also 99 in the whole place. it is old so old insulation. It stays cooler than when I was in tents though. I upgraded to a 8" fan and it helps some for cooling at night. I have a A/C unit I could run. But it isnā€™t worth the cost of running it for a few plants. A 1/8 oz could easily last me a year :laughing: This is just a hobby for me.
I know what you are saying about the tubing. Like some of the collage kids make for their rooms. Getting heat like this isnā€™t normally. And it only last for a few weeks if that when we get it. I can normally stay in the 86 range which I do well with :slightly_smiling_face: I do better in the 82 - 86 range than cooler temps. Or is sure seems that way in the winter :grin:
@Deepsix I am not finding any info for the JH in my orders. I will try to figure out where these came from though. I have 2 seeds left. It would be great if they grew the same :grin:

2 Likes

I hear ya, i was just curious. Wish an 1/8 would last me a day :sweat_smile::joy: Got into chemicals in the oilfield and and it messed me up with liver issues intern given me idiopathic neuropathy and other neurological issues combined with hard work for years my body really hates me. Only 40 and pain killers already started haven to get raised in doses and freq ect so i refuse to go down the that route of being addicted as hell to pain meds that may not even work at age 60 if ya know what i mean. So trying to find the right strains and cbd mixtures ect to allow me to raise my boys and be a father they deserve. Not gonna give up and lay down thats for damn sure. My bad for the book but now ya know the true reason why im in it all. So when i say thank you for your help brother i truly mean THANK YOU SIR!

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear all that. Have you tried any of the CBD tinctures I think you would call them from a dispensary? I have read that you only get a tiny bit of cbd smoking. But a lot when it is in an oil form I guess you would call it. I need to get a picture of what a friend found helps him. He is really liking how it curbs pain. And is reasonable priced here. I am fortunate not to have to deal with any pain yet. I am almost 63. I just feel stoned all the time with out smoking. So not the worse thing

2 Likes

Not in a green state so looking into learning how to press my own oils or extract and make edibles. All new to me on all this part so open to suggestions. Tried all the legal cbd here and it kinda helps but not enough to pay forā€¦

2 Likes

Not gonna lie when mixed with thc it helps ya not care so much as wellā€¦

1 Like

And no worries, lige has a reason for everything. It slowed me down and got me back to my family and not working my life away. Always a positive to be found in lifeā€¦most just choose to concentrate on the negative.

1 Like

Neither can I. It may have a bit more amber trichomes, but not always. Depending on the amount of foxtails, Iā€™ll harvest anyways. If itā€™s still looking like it will gain a bit more weight, Iā€™ll leave it. If itā€™s gone through swelling in the last stage of flowering, and not drinking much, then Iā€™ll lean towards cutting it down.

4 Likes

Hey, no problem was just wondering.

2 Likes

All ive used so far is ilgm autosā€¦all have popped but 1 so far. Happy with them.

2 Likes

Very nice brother!! Lots of beautiful buds. Killing it as always!! :+1::v::beers:

1 Like

@Caligurl may have some incite here. Thanks @CooterJuice @Covertgrower :+1:

4 Likes

Looking nice in there! Youā€™ve got quite a bit going on. Somehow your journal fell off my watch list. Iā€™m back! :rofl:

The SCB is looking real nice! I hope to do mine a little more justice this grow

3 Likes

The money bush and JH are looking fine!

As always a jungle is growing in @Not2SureYet area, he doesnā€™t have a grow room he has a grow life and I continue to love the updates.

2 Likes

In an application like a still the vapor cools because the outside air is much cooler than the evaporate off of the still. To simply put a copper coil wouldnā€™t effectively cool the air because the air surrounding the coil is essentially the same temperature as the air youā€™re trying to cool.

This would need to be something like water cooled, then the cooling water would also need to be cooled. At which point it would be cheaper and easier to just run air conditioning.

5 Likes