Grow #1- OOPs I Put Cart Before the Horse- Asking for assistance

@Work4iT this is the order u mix the nutes in silica cal-mag micro grow bloom hydroguard mix well in between nutes start at 1/4 strength my ww 1 month veg 14+oz in 3×3 tent it was huge u might want to scrog in 2×2. Never mind u r doing auto don’t scrog

2 Likes

First of all, great that you are growing your own! As for the hydro thing, you should be aware that hydro is misleading. It can be pure liquid or in soiless medium like coconut fibre. I can say for sure if this is your first grow, pure liquid hydro is pretty hard because any changes are immediately happening to the plant as there is no buffering at all. Not saying it can’t be done but its generally a lot more technically involved. I did a multi crop last winter in pure hydro and it was very time consuming. The batching is a pain in the ass and unless its automated you will be very hands on. The other option is hydro in a soiless medium, which I would highly recommend for a first grow. Or a super soil, which is troublesome and kinda spendy upfront but very good results with the least amount of babysitting. Do not crack your seeds until you have everything setup and running. Read lots! Before you start. Get PH pen and EC pen! You will need these! Especially with hydro! Have fun!

6 Likes

None of the lights you listed can flower a 2x2 properly. The spyder one can flower 2sq foot of space. The mars can flower 3sq foot of space. Remember this is my opinion on lights.

I would for sure use reccomendations from @dbrn32 he has best knowledge of the lights in my opinion.

The tent at 2x2 is to small for 2 pails. 1 plant will fill the tent and possibly not have enough room for 1 because plant will bush out and ride sides of tent making all outside of plant not get proper light. 

I would go 3x3 for 1 plant. 4x4 min for 2 ( this is for 5gal pails i have no experience using smaller pails )
Vivosun tents are nice for the price. I haven’t had any problems with them at all.

Best advice i have is DUCT TAPE !!! Keep it around for when you snap a plant lol. It works

2 Likes

Another tip for 5 gal pails.

Before you start screw eyehooks around perimeter of lid so you have spots to tie branches to for training them. Makes a better yield if trained LST(low stress training)

4 Likes

You don’t need hydroton either, I’ve strained beach ro k from the lake here, washed it and let dry in the sun. Some guys put it in a pot and cook it to kill any organisms, I didn’t and grew the badest tomatoes in the universe. The hydroton is more or less just for plant support, the roots are in the solution anyway.

1 Like

Betty, I am kind of all over the map here trying to find my way. If I was to grow Robert Bergman Gold Leaf in soil, can you give me some get rich quick training on what I should do starting with soil preparation? I may do a soil grow for experimentation. I think I am going to you tube and do a DIY build for the hydro set up/

I don’t really grow in soil, either. :grinning: If you’re mixing your own, there are a lot of super soil growers on this site that can guide you.

Also Google super soil, the recipes are all pretty similar. Super soils are kinda expensive because you need to buy all the separate ingredients. You also need to cook the soil, ie let it stand in a garbage pail for a month or two. The big advantage is that you don’t need to fertilize through the growth cycle, however, the disadvantage with it is you can’t switch the ratio of fertilizer like you can in hydro.

1 Like

IF you go hydro…first thing you need is a PH n PPM Meter Set…online for $20

you might take a look at the Free Growing Guide download here. it helps a lot.

Bergmans strain should be a good choice for you. Shop around a little…friend got a 4x4x72 tent for $70. Since your end goal is a sustained harvest and supply…a 4x4 will hold 6 five gallon buckets well…and a new batch of 2 could be stagger started 3 weeks apart to allow 2 to be harvested at a time. Auto’s might also be an option.

1 Like

Today I am at 8 weeks since the plant was transplanted, to dirt. I am thinking I want to go another month. I think this is Blue Dream, possibly gold leaf? I should have paid more attention.

Should I pull the fan leaves off to allow the light to hit the buds better?

This is my first grow and I am clueless.20200417_145641-1|243x500

1 Like

Another photo

1 Like

I would not remove any leaves except to expose shaded flowering sites if you can’t tuck them out of the way.

1 Like

Updated pic?

At the time of that picture, you still have a long time to go! That plant just started to flower at that stage.

Neo, having trouble uploading or posting the last few days here for some reason.

There are lots of people having issues with the site right now. I have been experiencing it for over 4 days :v:

1 Like

No problems when I posted those last posts. :thinking:

It’s weird, only affecting some people

1 Like

Try pressing the edit button after your first attempt, works for me.

trying to post a pic again. I did cut this plant down and am drying. The hairs did turn brown. A day into the drying I had to rig up the air cleaner again. Got the whole house aromatic.