Grow #1, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos

Bluelab is very nice, you will like it

What do you guys think about recharge and using it on your plants? I’m obviously new to all of this and can be easily persuaded. I’ve been reading the forums everyday, but can’t read while driving so I found some podcasts. Been listening a lot to The DGS and I know one of the podcasters owns Recharge so you always take what they say with a grain of salt. I really like the show though and find myself listening to it every time I’m in the car.
That being said I was at the local grow shop today for some other things and got to talking with them and they love the product. I was still unsure about it, but he gave me a sample pack to try. He said it makes 5 gallons, I’ve only been using half a gallon the past 2 waterings. Figured I could mix a gallon and use half on my plant and half in the house plants.
Today happens to be water day for me so I’ve been thinking about giving it a go.
What are your guys thoughts on the product and it being used at this stage. Pros or cons? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
@Covertgrower @kellydans @CoyoteCody @Mark0427 @jetlag @GreenSnek

2 Likes

My bluelab ph and ppm pens got delivered today. All the solution won’t be here until next week, but I’m hoping the stuff in the box will get me setup and calibrated tonight.
I don’t believe my ppm numbers are really important at this point, (I may be, probably am completely wrong on that) but I figured I’d start figuring out what they’re at and how they’re changing as I go along.

2 Likes

I have never used it. @Covertgrower @CoyoteCody @Nicky @Not2SureYet @imSICKkid @Bulldognuts any of u used recharge

I use apera brand which came with enough calibration solution to calibrate it. Bluelab is a top line product also. So if it came with solution go ahead and calibrate it, before using. Definitely a good idea to get some experience using before you have to start using.

3 Likes

That’s my thinking for sure. I really wanted to water last night, but held off because I knew these would be here today. I would of been bummed to wait another few days to test them out. Lol

The video i watched on recharge seems to be a good additive supposed to be like great white but a third the price. Lol. Hell id go for it and give it a shot.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag ! I have never used the product. :+1:

1 Like

I also have never used the product.

3 Likes

@Missiles has used it before. I found it doesn’t do well in my autopots.

3 Likes

I’ve used recharge and it is a great tool. It does wonders for your microbes. When I transplant I sprinkle a little on the soil before you pot up. I would use it about once a week on a water day. It does leave some kind of deposit behind when you use it.

3 Likes

I have never used it or heard of it until now.

It sounds like a smart idea because it includes everything in one package. Is it cost effective compared to buying the supplements yourself and mixing it yourself?

Personally I can’t use it because it is a type of organic instant “tea” and autopots don’t do organics like @Not2SureYet pointed out.

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the product. I did go ahead and mix up a gallon for tonight after reading this.
Will I get an accurate ph and ppm reading from the run off after using recharge?

1 Like

Just got done testing the run off from tonight’s watering. I gave her about 3/4 of a gallon, ph’d to 6.6 with 4.5 ml of calmagic
Also added 1/4 tsp of Recharge.
Mixed well and put it in my sprayer like I’ve been doing the past couple waterings.
Run off ph is down to 5.7 again. It was 5.8 two waterings ago, fed with 6.8 water and got it up to 6.2. Now it’s back to 5.7.
The plant looks good I feel, not sure if it’s the recharge or something else contributing to the ph dropping though.
Guess I’ll hit it with 6.8 again next watering.

1 Like

Do you let your ph meter readjust (you can gently shake it in the water ) since air bubbles form in the glass meter that will give you a false reading for a couple of minutes

Yup, I let it sit in the cup for a minute, give it a little swirl and call it good. Both times the run off was low water was ph’d to either 6.4 or 6.6.This is only the 3rd time I’ve given the plant any real amounts of water as well.
I’m a little bummed, I didn’t use the blue lab ph pen last night either. I waited to get til the house went to bed before I started opening the box and reading the instructions. They said to rehydrate the probe for 24 hours before using. I was expecting it to be like my original ph meter with a rehydrate time of 30 minutes. Lol
So, won’t get to test that out for a few more days.

1 Like

You will like it I am sure. Now the waiting!!! Once I transplant mine to their final home, where I think you are now, I water to a good amount of runoff, then let it sit and dry for a few days, depending on temps. In the summer here and in the greenhouse, I had to water every other day, and once grown, I was giving them 2Gals of water each/feed to get decent runoff. Plants were happy, well not so happy when temps in greenhouse were 105F+

2 Likes

That’s tough. How do you combat the temps in a greenhouse like that then? Fan or A/C? We would love to build a large hoop house for our garden someday.
So far with the 3 waterings I did, they seemed to be on a 4 day schedule. This last time (yesterday) I put it off for 5 days because of the meter that I didn’t get to use anyways.
I did get to use the ppm pen though so that was a plus.

So here is my little lady this morning, at the official 3 week mark.

Things are progressing nicely so far I feel.
My ph was a little low last night at run off at 5.7. Water going in had 5 ml of calmagic in it ph’d to 6.6 with a 1/4 tsp of recharge added at the end.
My ppm was bouncing between 1590 and 1600, which is high I’m pretty sure at 3 weeks, but I’m growing in ffhf soil, so I’m assuming that is why it’s reading that.
I did not top the plant, just bent her over on 10/26 and have readjusted once since then. I’ve been trying to tuck some of the larger fan leaves, just not a lot to tuck them under at this point. I’m feeling more and more confident moving the plant around though which is a plus. I’ve been nervous about being too aggressive with her up until this point, but I’m learning they can actually take quite a bit of abuse.
One of the things I’m unsure about is my timing on the lsting. Did I do it to early?
I have my light turned up to 90 on the dial now with my goal to have it at 100 by the end of next week.
How am I looking guys?

2 Likes

@BuckHunter Your plant made a great comeback and looks very healthy…nice job! I just did LST yesterday. It was more stressful on me than the plants…and I probably waited too long as they were a little over 12" tall. They made ‘the turn’ overnight successfully.

Day 24…