Grow #1, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos

She looks like she’s ready for her 1st soak but I wouldn’t water for 5-7 days after that

1 Like

Another one from today. Sorry to post the boring pictures, ha it’s just fun to watch it grow.
I got a journal in my phone going and I’ve been taking a picture of it each time I check on it morning and night. Haha over kill times 10, but it’s fun. With it so small yet you can see the growth from morning til night. Sometimes even from night til morning.
It still looked a little wet from the 4 oz the other day, I think I’m going to let it sit for another day and water it tomorrow until I get a little run off. I’m going to collect and test the ph.
I don’t have a tds meter yet, but figure this early in ffhf soil it’s going to be high anyways. Correct me if I’m wrong please.
Question about watering though, is there a better time to water? Lately I’ve been doing it about 4-5 hours into the 18 hour light cycle if that makes sense. Lights come back on at 3pm, I usually check them around 7-8 so I’d do my watering then. That ok?

2 Likes

Typically the most efficient time for the plants is the 1st 2 hours but I usually end up watering 6 hours in because that’s when i wake up and my plants don’t mind

1 Like

I watered tonight with about a 1/2 gallon of water ph’d to 6.5, collected the run off and tested the ph of that and got 5.8 back. Is that good or bad?
Here’s a before and after the watering. She got pretty droopy as I watered, but seemed to perk up a little bit later as I was leaving the room.

4 Likes

Definitely on the low end for soil my recommendation is next 2 watering give her 6.8 water and bring it closer to 6.5 (and that also explains the spots I think you were a bit deficient due to lockout the current watering probably helped a lot)

1 Like

Looking much better!!!

Man, not sure how it got down to 5.8. I thought I was doing good ph’ing my water I think the lowest I went was 6.2 l. That was just me putting 1 too many drops of ph down in there and not wanting to dump it and start again.
You don’t think that is anything to worry too much about though, do you?
Just wait for the pot to dry out and hit with higher ph water when the time comes?
We got like 5-8” of snow here yesterday, I hope my controller comes today still. My humidity was a little out of control this morning after I gave her a good watering. Ha!

Dropping is gone his morning to.

1 Like

Don’t you have pH down also? SNOW… LoL sucka. I’m I’m shorts n sandals… lolsorry

2 Likes

Yup, it’s amazing how little it takes to make such dramatic swings.
I’m bummed the ph is so low. I really thought I’ve been doing everything right. I did cheat a day or two with not remixing a spray bottle when I was spraying the dome. But my ph always went back up it seemed when I was just experimenting with water I’d leave out, but not use. Just to see what the water would do.
I’m kind of at a loss at why my ph is so low. I was expecting it to be higher if anything.
I think she looks good so I’m not really worried, just not what I was expecting I guess. Maybe it’s just that I’m too new and don’t know enough to be worried? Haha!
And yes, the snow sucks! We didn’t get what I thought we had earlier. It’s more like 3”, but it’s way too early for this yet!

That back leaf is doing a little weird bending/twisting deal as well. It is new, but I’m assuming it’s from the watering?
I’ve been trying to fight everything in me to not over water my plant. My fiancé says I overwater all of her house plants, which I probably do.
Last night it was really hard for me to water til run off. I only did a half of gallon or so and got little less than half of a solo cup for run off so I think I did it right…Hopefully. Watching the leaves droop as I watered though was tough lol. They popped back up within 15-20 minutes though, besides the one that has the twist.

@kellydans Here is my first attempt at growing. I think the seed popped through the soil on 10/9. Am itching to see what it did today with some rest after a good watering.

1 Like

Looking good ! I will ride along.

1 Like

10/21 Update:
Got my inkbird 608 today and got that setup with a heater and a humidifier.
The heat is set to 73 with a +-5 and the RH is set to 65% +-5. So far the thing is slick and running good.

I am curious about these twisting leaves though. Earlier it was just to one on the top side of the picture, now it’s the one on the bottom side of the picture as well. What’s going on with her and is it anything to worry about?

4 Likes

Nice setup ! I don’t see anything to worry about plant looks good.

1 Like

Well here is the 2 week update:
Plant is looking good I think. Watered it to run off 3 days ago and had a ph of 5.8. Seems to be drying up nice. I was told 6.8 water to raise it next watering. That still sound ok?
Also I was thinking of adding some calmag at 1/2 strength just as a preventative thing. That ok?
Added an inkbird 608 temp/humidity controller. I’m still using a warm mist humidifier, but am looking to buy an ultrasonic one. The controller is on day 2 and seems to really stabilize my room. Temps have been staying 76 and humidity still floats a little bit between 60-65%.
Temp and humidity ok?
I don’t believe I have any bugs in my tent, but we do have them upstairs in an office area with our house plants so I placed some sticky traps in the tent to see.
On a side note, I got some food grade diatomaceous earth and placed some in all the house plants. We will see how that works. I also bought some “dr enzymes” or something or other. Recommended by the guy at the grow shop, but I haven’t gotten to use it yet. Hopefully that takes care of them.
Here are some pictures. Please let me know what you think so far or if you have suggestions. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the help this far.

Two weeks today:

@Covertgrower @Slym3r @LoCoRock @GreenSnek @CoyoteCody @Mark0427 @jetlag @SKORPION @kellydans

6 Likes

That dr zymes is an interesting little anti pest the citric acid will definitely keep pests away just be delicate with it , humidity / heat is pretty optimal, I think 5.8 will be a good balancing ph to bring your soil back up heck even your spots have faded away and feel free to give them cal mag its almost impossible to overdue cal mag especially early on. Just make sure your medium is dry 2 knuckles deep before you drench again to get them used to the wet dry cycle and good luck

3 Likes

I usually go with 10 mL of Cal Mag on water day only. I like the yellow sticky traps I keep a couple in my tent all the time. 5.8 ph not bad, as mentioned let the pots dry out good before you water again.

3 Likes

Should I be watering until run off at this stage? Obviously I did already, but as I’ve been reading threads today I’m seeing a lot of stuff about not watering to run off or not yet.
Do I continue to water til run off going forward at this stage or scale back to less water more often?
I feel like I’m getting overwhelmed with information. I read, read and read some more, make a decision and do it, then start reading and find a bunch of info telling me to do it the other way.
Lol I know I’m over thinking it to, but which is the better way to go about it?

You could water to run off, it wouldn’t hurt, but it’s not necessary. Water away from the middle though.

1 Like

Looks good to me,… Leave em alone! :sunglasses:

1 Like