Grow #1, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos

Holy shit!! My hero…great job!! What I aspire to accomplish my brutha’…that’s why I’m following your grow. That’ll be my next variety for sure.

Lol, it is supposed to be a GG Auto. I grew this along with two other GG Autos that didn’t look anything like this one. I am certain ILGM screwed up and sent a different seed. Those were done and jarred weeks ago, and yielded less than half of what you see… I wish I knew what they sent, ticks me off. It was much slower finishing and grew some beautiful buds

1 Like

LOL…interesting comment as I’m shopping for seeds the last 20 minutes! It never occurred to me that they could f’up the seeds they send us. I was thinking the Super Mix as I’m contemplating a 3x3 with an HLG 260W QB V2…once my oldest moves out…AGAIN…next month. Damn kids are like boomerangs…

1 Like

Very nice looking! I hope that’s what I’m harvesting in the future ha!

1 Like

I was looking at that pack or the sweet mix for the next grows.

1 Like

Yeah, you read about it here every once in a while.

1 Like

Here it is, weighed and jarred. Doesn’t seem right, but I measured 7.629 ounces from one plant. I am even more pissed at ILGM for sending me this mystery seed, lol.

. I threw in a small lettuce leaf in each to increase humidity

2 Likes

Very nice man! Looking good to me! How long will it cure for?

technically you could cure for quite a while if you wanted, doesn’t hurt anything. Like I said already, I dried them a bit too much. Ideally you want the moisture high enough that you burp them 1-2 times a day to keep the humidity down near 62%. All of mine but one is reading in the mid 50’s, my bad. I had issues with one dehumidifier and the AC unit in the room as well, so they have a small lettuce leaf in each one for now to increase humidity. Soon I imagine I will throw in an Integra 62% humidity pack to keep them hydrated. I have plenty other stuff, we are also stingy in partaking. I was unable to taste for almost 40 years due to my job, so a little goes a long way. i am enjoying growing it very much though, lots of science to it.

2 Likes

Well here is my week 1 update.
She’s 1 week above ground today. I’ve kept her domed and sprayed twice a day. On an 18/6 light schedule. Off 9am-3pm
I have sprayed the dirt around the cup once or twice, today being one of the times. And I’ve also given her maybe 10-20ml of water a couple times around the cup perimeter, but other than that I have not done any real watering as of yet.
Should I change that soon? If so, do I start right away with watering til a little run off or just keep slowly increasing it?
She’s just about touching the cup so I figure tonight or tomorrow I’ll remove the dome.
I’m a little concerned about my humidity though in the tent. Typically seems to be running around 48% with the lights on @ 70 F.
Not sure what it’s at lights out because I’m not at home.
I hung some wet towels and that got me up to 58% but this morning is was back down to 48 and the towels were dry.
I’m thinking I’m going to try a bucket of water and a rag sitting 2/3 in the water and 1/3 out tonight and see if I can’t get it a little higher for longer without a humidifier. I do have one on stand by, but would prefer to not have to use it.
Anyways, here are some pictures. I’ve taken a picture each time I’ve misted the dome, but figured you guys wouldn’t want to be bored with baby pictures from a noob. Ha!
Here she is today though at 7:21am.

How does it look? Do I have to worry about the not so green parts? Or is that just new growth color?
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

How do you think it looks so far? @Mark0427
Sorry for the tag, you showed me how to do it so I figured I’d test it with you. Ha!

1 Like

Not quite sure about the leaf colors. I presume you are not feeding yet? let me enlist the cavalry to help. @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Nicky @CoyoteCody @Myfriendis410

1 Like

You are the man! I was too afraid to tag people that I haven’t personally talked with.
You are correct. I have not started feeding yet. Just ph’ing the water that goes into my spray bottle. I do reuse it the following morning but dump it and do the cycle again at night. I’ve been using a little 4-5ml syringe to water around the cup the few times I did.
Girl Scout cookies extreme auto
Ffhf soil
Spider farmer sf1000 light set to 60% at 25”
Room temp average 70F humidity 48%
But the plant has been domed since day 1 and sprayed twice a day.

First of all, do not be afraid to tag folks. They are all happy to help. I missed a few more that I know, but these guys will be more than enough to figure this out. I don’t really like the yellowing leaves as the cotyledons are still green, so food should not be a problem. But it may be the dome? I don’t think you need it any longer, but again, not an expert. Little girls are tough though, relax.

2 Likes

Never be afraid to tag any1. We r all here together as 1. Im not real good at picking out any deficiencies but im sure ones that were tagged will do u justice. Good luck. They r fun to grow

2 Likes

Honestly i have never domed any of the plants ive started from seed. I just go with the flo but i usually have a good high humidity here in my house so that helps me out

1 Like

I use the veggie starter tray for a few days to get them going. After that they are on their own in the greenhouse. I know they prefer humidity but mine have done fine in low humidity as well if only for a few days. it could be lights, I am afraid to venture an opinion as my little ones usually have no issues. it’s when they get big that we fight, lol.

1 Like

@dbrn32 is our resident light expert, he can enlighten you on your lights. A friend just got the same light as you and was doing the same thing as far as intensity. I have the SF4000 and it runs 100% all the time. Too much trouble to disassemble to turn down. Plants don’t seem to mind.

2 Likes

I would get rid of the dome and see if that helps, I only run a dome on clones, and also my humidity stays around 40-50%, thats with a humidifier turned on, and I quit using it once I hit flower, im sure my vdp is all out of wack but they are doing very well so im not going to mess with it.

3 Likes

I agree I’m not a fan of domes past sprouting personally I think they just block to much light as for the lightness could just be vegriation coloring we should wait till the next node fills out to tell us ( I like 60-70 % humidity in veg 50-60 1st half of flower 45 last half)

1 Like