Grow #1, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos

Why didn’t you get the oscillating model what did he say?

Um your ppm is still good don’t feed tomorrow until run of drops down your plants are almost there but not yet look at the ppm on the chart

The guy at the shop said they had a lot of problems with that model. At the time he had 1 left in stock and he said he’d warranty it, but he wasn’t going to order anymore as they just weren’t lasting. The oscillating function would just stop working is what he told me.

No I wasn’t going to feed tomorrow. Friday should be my next watering. I’ll be guessing, but my ppm should be pretty close to 1250 by that time. Don’t you think?

I’m really glad you posted that schedule because I have a question about it.
Friday will by start of week 6 for me from seed. Obviously haven’t fed anything yet, but what week do I start on with the schedule?
I was thinking of starting 1/3 strength with week 4 on the schedule and go feed, water, feed with the second feeding be 2/3 strength if the plant handled it.
Then next week proceed to week 5 at full strength, granted she takes it.

Is that the right thinking?

Or should I go a whole week at 1/3 strength and do week 4 again at 2/3 strength before moving to week 5 full strength?

The feeding twice a week thing kind of confuses me to. As of right now, I’m watering every 3 days.
So Friday is feed, Monday is water only, Thursday is feed. Would Sunday be a feed day or another water day?

Am I over thinking this?

K note to self I’ll get their normal fan versions.

You are totally overthinking this lol.

You follow that feed chart like so (important you follow this one because the original fox farms one is in a 7tds scale and thus its numbers are not the same as your tds meter to make sure you understand this go check the standard fox farms schedule you’ll see the tds number like double!)

Week one of flower you water your plant with PH water, read the runoff.
Only feed when your run off is low according to the chart and follow TDS. Don’t feed by half or this or that… Follow the numbers!
Other wise your just guessing.

1 Like

@Nicky
This is the schedule I was going off of I think. I have it in a book that came with the trio, but don’t have it with me at the moment.
I’ve been taking my ppm readings in the 700 scale since I got it. Book I have said 700 scale so that’s what I calibrated in.
Now I’m thinking since I am already into flower maybe I should start with the week 5 schedule instead of the week 4?
Just wondering what some of you other guys think too?
@Covertgrower
@kellydans
@Not2SureYet
@Mark0427

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag ! I am not the guy to advise on Fox Farm nutes I have never used them.I have used a lot of their soil.

1 Like

Glad you got the 700 scale sorted thats a huge issue with most people.

What week in flower are you?
You don’t seem very far into flower.

2 Likes

I’m not sure when to start the clock on that. I know typically you’d start the clock when you flip to 12/12, but as you know, I got an auto and my light schedule is 18/6.
I first noticed a pistil on 11/4. Not sure if that would count for day 1 of flower or not.

1 Like

When you first notice bud site pistils I count that as week one.
Because I have had pistils show at the stems on week two and it still grow for another 3 weeks :joy:
Autos are hard to gauge that way.

5 Likes

Probably week 3?

Your fans to close raise it up light russle of the plant.
You’ll get wind burn in the current situation.

2 Likes

@i_am_a_yeti thought I’d tag you in my journal if you were interested.

1 Like

Absolutely!
Can never learn enough!

1 Like

I raised it up a little bit this morning.
I thought you wanted it blowing on the plants? Is it just cause it’s too close?

I start counting when I see white pistols showing. You get about 2 - 3 weeks of the pre flower. Then it will start the real flowering. It really doesn’t matter how or when you start counting so much. You will learn to work with the pattern that you are comfortable with. I was shown this way so it is how I do it :grin:

3 Likes

You do want it blowing on the plants but not to aggressively or you’ll get wind burn.

A little russle or shake is all you need.

2 Likes

Yep just a little jiggle an a oscillating fan is even better.

1 Like

But they seem to not be reliable unfortunately =(
Wish I could find one that was made with a metal oscillating gear nor plastic.

2 Likes

What do you guys say for nutrients?
Do I start with week 4 or week 5 on the schedule?
Basically I guess I’m asking if you guys think I should add the tiger bloom right off the bat or wait a week before adding it?

1 Like

Week 4 is a Geuss I’ll toss out there

2 Likes

Looking at your pictures plants look nice and healthy and well into flowering stage, so if you wanted to start with week 5 adding bloom nutes with the other two I think it’ll be fine.

3 Likes