GrnyGrows Grow Journal

Can’t say… sorry. Let’s just go with south, east of you.

I’m really surprised that my plants are handling this. We’re getting into the high 80s every day – some days up to 90. Two AC’s running and a dehumidifier – and we’re still hot. Well, it’s life in our neck of the woods.

2 Likes

I’m officially designating today as “flower day” for grow three.

Two with hedgehogs, two close.

6 Likes

@GrnyGrows love the photo grouping!! Cool!

1 Like

Grid Art Collage app…

I need help. I’m just getting into the whole DLI thing, as I’ve been using PAR for my light measurement. Tagging some of my mentors @Retiredoldguy @Reed71 @OGIncognito @Newt

I’ve checked my DLI and I’m confused. On my small autos, 5 weeks old, the DLI is 45. However, when I check my mature plants, almost ready to harvest, at their current PAR setting of 900 the DLI comes out to 70 something.

Am I really supposed to cut the light at harvest based on this chart? To get to this level, I’ll have to crank my lights down to the lowest setting. Should I raise the lights – or just change the settings?

When I turn the lights down enough to get the DLI into the 40s (high) I’m only getting 500 PAR for my plants.

And I’m curious about the highs and lows on this chart – the variance. Why do we go way up, then way down, then sort of mid level?

1 Like

DLI is the measurement of PPFD over time. Make sure you have Photone set for the proper amount of hours. Good video here:

I push mine to around 65 in flower, until around week 6 or 7 when I lower my DLI by removing 2 hours of light rather than decreasing the intensity.

6 Likes

That’s the key. Do you go totally dark?

During lights off, yes. No light whatsoever. I just switch my timer from 12/12 to 10/14.

1 Like

Even for my autos. Say go to 22/2 or just plain old 20/4?

Going to 22/2 would be the opposite, and would raise the DLI.

Oh hell. I just went for a little help for my mental state. I get it – I did get it – oh my.

What about this? She’s got a lot of amber, but she’s still a beast. What should I do? I’m thinking let her ride, but don’t want to go way past peak.

5 Likes

I use DLI/PPFD and almost mimic this chart, sometimes I’m in the mid 60s at peak flower. That’s a pretty cool approach @Newt has :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

If the trichs are where you want them, then ignore the fox-tailing, and chop.

2 Likes

Actually not foxtailing – just how I took the pic. I’m just holding off cuz of white pistils like a porcupine.

2 Likes

Respectfully Grow Sis those are Fox tails :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Chop chop chop that beast :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Sure looks like fox-tailing…

2 Likes

My babies from that drop are getting big.

3 Likes

Question @GrnyGrows did you calibrate the photone app??

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing: how do you do that? @THC73

1 Like