After multiple successful grows with ILGM beans, I decided to explore different beans from other breeders. This tent will showcase three ETHOS strains: Citradelic Sunset, XXX and a lilac #22 x cherry diesel cross. I always plant more than I can grow in case of germination failures. In this case we had 15/16.
My germination method is pretty easy. Using promix, i sift through as much as i can and grab the bigger twigs/sticks, etc. I cut out 3-4 slots on bottom sides of a Solo cup. I pre soak my soil before filling up the Solos’. After filling up the cup, using a pencil, I insert eraser end maybe 1/2 inch into soil. Drop bean, cover with soil, mist top layer and on goes the dome. I run a humidifier at 80RH or above depending on climate. I don’t touch or remove dome until I see sprouts.
This picture is exactly 7 days since last pic. Humidity dome has been removed. I still keep the humidifier in the tent, usually on during day and off at night. These girls are almost ready for transplant surgery.
3 days later i decided they were ready to be transplanted into bigger pots. Keeping with same theme as when germinated. I premoisten the soil before building the pots up. This takes some time but ensures that i won’t over water during the transplant. This will also allow me to feed right away. In the past, I’ve dropped beans and transplanted into dry soil. I usually can’t feed/water for at least 10 days as the plant gets used to its new home. Pics did not load in correct order but you get the vibe.
I don’t do much training other than some bending/tying down of branches or main stem. Either on July 25th or 26th I got a little too frisky w/ the XXX and took her top off by accident. This would be a blessing in disguise.
A week later(Aug. 2)all plants are looking good. Starting to see major lateral growth, especially from the lilac cherry diesel.
Nice grow you have. Keep us posted on your journey…
3 days later… Continuing with minor training bending/tucking. I have eliminated any main stem fan leaves that are either yellowing, shaded or have been out grown by corresponding nodes. You’ll see I have done some Xtra training on XXX.
First time trying something like this. After I initially topped her by accident, I put a BBQ skewer next to her to keep upright. I got bored, searched on here, watched a couple vids and decided to tie down 2 nodes. Thinking thats all that would grow and maybe try to mainline…