Grey Mould Wars

My fellow Herbalists,

one of my suspicions in my case is that the GREY MOULD enters my girls when i have manicured them, the cut whether by hand or blade leaves an entry point, just like me and bacteria only this time it was my 5 Northern Lights Autos that got the ‘Greys’ and I got the BLUES.

The Grey Mould seem’s to have the upper hand in our quest to grow the Green.
Would anyone out there with a safe method ( organic) of zapping this GREY plague please post your info so we can together make a database of methods to deal with this heartbreaking Spore of Satan.

I am sick and tired of losing so much good bud.

A clarion call to you all !

Further ! :peace_symbol:
James68

Botrytis

Suggest an edit

Definitions of botrytis

noun

a fungus that forms a grayish powdery mold on a variety of organic matter. It causes a number of fungal plant diseases, including chocolate spot, and is deliberately cultivated (as noble rot) on the grapes used for certain wines.

Always lusciously sweet, these wines are made from grapes infected by botrytis , or ‘noble rot,’ which concentrates the sugars and lends aromas of honey and apricots.

Examples of Botrytis

The botrytis mould contributes to the unique flavours of wines such as Sauternes from Bordeaux, Beerenauslese and Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling from Germany, and an array of late-harvest wines from other regions.

Mature fruiting bodies of Hemitrichia serpula, Trichia botrytis , and Trichia favoginea were documented by field collections in the tree canopy.

Common onion diseases include damping off, botrytis leaf blight, downy mildew, and bacterial blight.

If left unchecked, botrytis will kill grapes and can be a big problem to vine growers.

A main disease concern for the lily grower is botrytis , or gray mold, which can be seen on the leaves, Paul says.

Here the grapes are left on the vines until late fall with the hope they will become infected with botrytis , or as it is euphemistically called, ‘noble rot.’

The finest and most complex sweet white wines are produced from naturally sweet grapes, their sweetness concentrated by wind, ice, drying and botrytis .

Grapes grown on Padthaway vineyard have a proven record for producing botrytis affected Riesling of outstanding quality; however, vintage conditions for such a wine have only occurred three times in the last nine years.

If you have flowers that fail to open and are covered with a grayish-brown fuzzy mold, or if you have pink ‘water spots’ on the petals, you have botrytis .

Wines labelled as Sélection des Grains Nobles, however, nearly always contain a proportion of grapes affected by botrytis , or noble rot.

When cutting back old peony stems, remove as much as possible to avoid infection by peony botrytis .

Eastern growers must also contend with humidity-loving black rot, botrytis , downy mildew, and phomopsis.

Should you see signs of botrytis on your plants, spray with copper fungicide, then remove and destroy all affected buds and leaves.

The main mechanism for the creation of Sauternes wine is a virulent but very temperamental fungus called botrytis cinerea, or botrytis to its friends.

The botrytis is not heavy here, delivering a mix of honey, spice and pineapples on the nose.

On a side note, we also make some very good dry Riesling that has been infected with botrytis , giving them a powerful honeycomb texture and flavour, although, sadly, these tend to be situated at the upper end of the market.

But the heat also was so dry that it inhibited in many German vineyards the growth of botrytis , the ‘noble rot’ that makes great dessert wines.

The less common diseases are botrytis , anthracnose, and canker.

Always lusciously sweet, these wines are made from grapes infected by botrytis , or ‘noble rot,’ which concentrates the sugars and lends aromas of honey and apricots.

Cotnari is a natural white dessert wine; pale, delicate and aromatic; the result of botrytis attacking the indigenous Grasa and Frincusa, perfumed with Tamaioasa and Feteasca.

1 Like

Jim,

I have noticed that EARLY grey mould does seem far more sticky with resin.

Who knows whether botrytis is beneficial.

If it is…

I’ve just killed a shit load of it from my Durban Poison plants.

Spread your wings my friend.

O’whee

Jaques

have you ever smoked some grey mould ganga ?

If it is full of go-go juice it must deliver a kick albeit a tad mouldy , one would think?
Eager as a beaver to find out…maybe its a French thang as they encourage the Grey Mould in some of their vino production…

Rainy Sat nite here…

Yer Man
J68

‘THE GREY MOULD’
40 grams of big old Bud reduced to a grey sludge this year) :disappointed_relieved: