Greetings & phone a friend please

Happy easter! I hope all of you have had an Easter fully of sticky icky treats.

This is my first post in this group. So I’ll say Hi first. Hi everyone.

I am growing some White Widow Auto and I’m on day 71 with some issues that I have not been able to correct. I have some nice big buds. And the plant is sturdy. Unfortunately some of my leaves are losing color, curling up and down tips and dying all together. The veins of the plant are lighter than the leaves themselves.

We are growing in miracle gro indoor potting mix and I am using Bergmans plant food flowertime fert(N15-P6-K30). 2 600w Philzon LED grow lights at about 18”. Fans, filtration.

Been reading about the different types of deficiencies and issues that can occur, I just am not able to figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Easter
Thank you and have a great week!

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    White Widow Auto - ILGM
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    Soil - Miracle Grow with Nutrients/ sphagnum moss mix
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Plastic 3gal pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    Ph after nutes is ~6 before is around 8.5, just bought some PH decrease to combat this
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    :grimacing: not sure
  • Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor grow/ tents
  • Light system
    2 x 600w LED Philzon lights from Amazon
  • Temps; Day, Night
    85/65
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    40/60
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    Yes, 4” with ~300 com
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    AC’d room
  • Co2; Yes, No
    No
2 Likes

@McGrowinSumBudz, I can’t help with your questions. However wanted to welcome you to the forum, am confident someone will help you. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks @Zee! Pleasure to meet you. Look forward to seeing your comments around.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of knowledgeable people will be otw. One is actually typing while I am so ill let them answer and I’ll post some good info to hang onto.

1 Like

Your plant looks surprisingly good for being grown in Miracle Gro. I would suggest something more for cannabis next time.

Yellowed leaves are the plant scavenging nitrogen from a leaf it’s about to discard. You can remove those leaves as they will not recover. You are going to experience issues soon with out-of-range PH in your soil which will cause lockouts and deficiencies. It may be far enough along to ride it out.

You REALLY need to get smart on PH and measuring TDS (total dissolved solids). There are things you can do to help but knowing what’s going on under the soil layer is the first step. Remember: half of your plant is not visible.

6 Likes

Thank you. This is very helpful! I’m going to see if I can’t get a print out to put in my grow journal. Can def see Nitrogen issues from that chart.

I greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

I’ve been reading and only recently stared to really look at my PH which I think may have been an issue. I’m on city water and I tested my water once but didn’t continue to check and it started coming out high. I appreciate the guidance. I’ve got some water test strips on order and I just got a box of nuts from General Organics Bc I didn’t anything for Calcium on hand. The Go Box.

No problem. I made them separate so they will be a better quality. I’d guess its a lockout due to the PH swings. Your run off ph is low at a 6 and ph in at 8.5 is too high.i don’t know if MG is buffered to that certain ph range. MG I believe is time released fertilizer and that can hurt you bc what your plant needs early on is different from what it needs later. Soil ph should be 6.3-6.8 (6.5 sweet spot) and water ph 6.3-6.8(6.5). I’d pick up a small bag of happy frog to start seedlings and ocean forest to transplant into. If you want to stay soil

I’ve thought about hydroponics for a while. I’ve raised fish and plants in water for decades, granted nothing like this. Haha. I’m looking at the mix I have and it’s sphagnum peat moss, coconut coir, perlite, fert(0.25-0.13-0.19). Expensive little bags of dirt. Lol. Looks like the PH in my souls is at the mid to upper range of 7 for one plant.

And 6.5 in my other.

It’s a watering day so I’ll make sure to double check the ph of all the liquids I put in.

2 Likes

@McGrowinSumBudz Same here brother. @Konflict @Myfriendis410 are very knowledgeable. See ya around bud!

1 Like

FYI those 3-in-1 meters are worthless. They will show when wet but that’s not your issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/?tag=greenrel-20

And for TDS:

https://www.amazon.com/Dumsamker-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums/dp/B07H578WWT/?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

I used it until I realized it didn’t really help. Lol. Now I just use it for general gauge. I purchased one of these a while back:

and if I’m being honest, put it in a draw and forgot about it. Lol. Used it tonight along with my nutes and some ph up buffer to get me to 6.5 before feeding. I’m thinking everything you guys have pointed out will help these perk back up. I might get one you recommended to compare the results.

Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

If that meter has been sitting around it’s best to check that it’s still calibrated. They actually require some care.

Amazon sells ‘Standard Reference Solution 7.0’ that you can dip your meter in to verify it’s reading 7.0. The stuff is cheap. But good insurance.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

@dbrn32 Thanks! I’ve been reading a lot of your posts on lighting. So much info. Thanks for that!

1 Like

Glad I can help, let me know if you need anything specific.

1 Like

Update: I’ve been monitoring the ph like a mad man and I gave my plants some attention. I removed most of the badly damaged leaves and while I’m not seeing much in the department of new growth the smell is getting better and better every day. Hopefully that is a sign of high times to come. :smile:. Here are some updated pics:

image|375x500

Thanks for all the assistance peeps!

1 Like

Hey, glad your still at it. When i have a ew grower come along i dont use a ph meter for their first grow. I introduced them to ph using a reagent. The pen and buffer solution and storage solution, and calibration can be alot to take in along with everything else you gotta learn. General hydroponic has a cheap kit used by growers and its a simple color chart. It allows learning the fundamentals of ph testing.

I look at it like this… its like teaching someone to shoot a rifle. First with iron sites, once they are proficient switch to scoped optics.]

Yes, this even works for run off, if you get a bunch of soil in the run off or its too dirty the reagent can be difficult to read tho, so the pen is a must eventually.

I am having some similar issues, not sure if it is start of lockout or just N or K deficiency

1 Like