GreenThunder's dawning days (the beginning of things)

Repotting has done wonders for this gal, she’s no longer struggling!!

Her roommate AHA is growing by leaps and bounds

She’s quite short

They were both fed tonight with the lucas formula; to a gallon of water I added:

2ml hydroguard
4ml flora micro
8ml flora bloom
5ml calmag
.5ml z7

1250 ppm
6.0 pH

AHA received hers in the bottom of the bucket but Christina is still being top fed

4 Likes

Already feeding bloom & no veg? If you push the veg nutes longer, your autos will really grow bigger. :grinning:

3 Likes

I read up on the lucas formula and even though I don’t understand how it works I’m giving it a try. Maybe I should pick up some of the gro just in case they show N deficiency

1 Like

Oh, if you’re trying a particular system, stick with it. My way isn’t the only way, for sure! :grinning:

Also, they look great!

2 Likes

Those girls were moved to the QB closet… I don’t know why they got updated here but it won’t happen again :wink:

NEXT UP in the germinating closet… Jamaican Berry and LSD :sunglasses: Both were dropped on Jan 1 at 12:07 am

LSD (now named Willie, in honor of my late Aunt) is showing off her speedy growth skills. She’s been put into a solo cup because she was about to hit her head on the roof of the seedling dome

Jberry (yet to be named) played hard to get in the beginning. I peeked under her hole cover yesterday to find her curling and pointed downward (oops!) A gentle turn with tweezers and the breech birth was reversed!

These two will be my autopot Guinea pigs :sunglasses: They will also be scrogged in an attempt to control their wild tendencies :woman_farmer: Bend to my will, ladies!!:no_good_woman:

5 Likes

Like my current place of employment, the germinating closet has a high turnover rate (in >4.5 years, 13 people have left our department, about half of those chose to leave)

LSD and Jberry have moved to the veg closet while a new pair occupy the dawning closet…

Auto Mazar took a strong early lead…

Jack Herer auto has struggled from the get go. First, the seed pod didn’t open all the way, so I very gently pulled it off.
The next day, I pulled off a bit of seed tissue that was stuck to the coty. It’s very small and the cots are already turning (most likely because of the damage I did) but the first true leaves don’t look awful. That root gives me hope

Cots don’t look good, I think my assistance damaged them a bit

4 Likes

JHA and auto Mazar have suffered a bit. I forgot to bring in the humidifier… again… I don’t know why I can’t remember that. They’re still trying but in the mean time I dropped 2 more seeds. One was an unknown bagseed my mom had set aside years ago. It cracked open in 8 hours and quicky grew a very nice tail. As I was very carefully transferring it into a rooter, it escaped and shot off into never-never land :dizzy_face: I searched and searched and searched but it’s gone gone gone. :disappointed_relieved:
Luckily, I have more (not the same, but ‘special’ unknown bagseeds) so I just dropped another.
(the one that got away was extra special, but I guess there’s no use dwelling on it)

2 Likes

Oh no. I started working over the top of a large dish towel when handling seeds. I’ve got fumble fingers so a easy to see landing pad is necessary lol.

1 Like

That’s a great idea!! That’ll be my method from now on… and no more tweezers!! :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Ack!.. the one that got away. If only we’d all seen her in her prime (wistful sigh)…

1 Like

Here’s another start… Shiatsu Kush

Doesn’t she look dainty? :innocent: She’s my last seed of that strain so I really hope she grows strong and healthy

3 Likes

This is all we’ll ever see of the one that got away…

I did drop another mystery seed from my box of ‘special’ bag seeds and she made it into a rooter; just waiting for her typ break ground.
Onward without regret :woman_farmer:

3 Likes

Looks good. Could be something for me to invest in.

These qb’s look like something to invest in. Gunna have to do some homework seeing as tho they are favoured

2 Likes

Mylar tape is a bloody good idea. I will be investing and thanking you when it works. Good.

1 Like

Be careful with it and keep an eye on things when using it. I had to take it off of the lid because it seemed to be burning the lower leaves. But it’s great for wrapping the buckets, helps keep the light from heating up the black plastic.

1 Like

Kinda measures up​:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That comment was regarding your measurey type measuring masking type.

1 Like

Will take that on board and just do the bucket. I’m sitting on a consistent 30°C. Roots r brown n yucky,bugger all growth on em and have come to the conclusion thru this forum that hydrogen peroxide or silica addition to my revoir is the answer… Your thoughts on that one @GreenThunder?

I believe silica is for strong stems (not certain though) so I’m not sure it’ll help with gunk.
Hydrogen peroxide will clear the gunk but I don’t know much about how to use it. I recommend seeking those who use it for advice.

1 Like

Ok. There has been no gunk as such. Just shit looking roots.

1 Like