GreenThunder's dawning days (the beginning of things)

I’ve been top feeding :woman_shrugging:

Hmmmm…

Using maybe 1 tbsp at a time? Misting?

1 Like

Yes!! Let’s please drop together. I need guidance and an example to follow is ideal :sunglasses:

1 Like

Both… alternating

Sounds like a plan! I will drop my seeds into 4 oz cups of r/o water with a drop of peroxide each cup, then put them in a warm spot til Tuesday am.

Tuesday we’ll do the rooters. Sound ok?

1 Like

I have a 65w qb in a closet that’s 22x22 and the light is 24" from the ‘floor’
Should I switch back to the t5 florescent until they’re bigger?

It’s a good plan. You lead, I’ll follow :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t have ro water but my tap water is 40-70 and I let it sit over night before using (always for seeds and babies, not always for big girls)

1 Like

I don’t see why you need to. Use that qb!

1 Like

I usually use tap, but thought I’d use r/o, this time.

1 Like

Oh good!! I really like it and hoped it wasn’t the cause of my failed attempts. Now… I need to decide if I’m gonna try the same pair or switch it up. Maybe a couple of Jack Herers? I want to wait on the northern lights until you do one… I’m so close to getting to the PO :wink:

1 Like

The clones got roots!! Three of them only had a single root and I’m not interested in weaklings so they got tossed. The survivor, a Pineapple Chunk, got planted in one of the gro buckets

I was able to remove most of the rockwool

She’s all tucked in, please wish her luck, she’ll need it :wink:

I’m going to drop one more Amnesia Haze for the other bucket. I emailed customer support and explained my failed attempts. I received a reply that said I’d done everything right with an offer for replacements!! :green_heart: Now I’m not so worried about dropping one of my last 2 seeds. ILGM is the best place to get your seeds, imho :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I don’t remove rockwool from seedings but I seen others in the lab that remove from clones. I think I would look into building a aero cloner and use neoprene collars instead of rockwool in the future. That would save you from fighting with it and risking hurting the roots. But that’s just my two cents.

2 Likes

I may do this :thinking: it’ll likely take some pondering :wink:

The rockwool had a layer of algae at the top and I intended to just remove those bits but most of it just kinda fell off. It was surprisingly easy, however I am interested in learning other methods. I have rapid rooters that I’ll be using to germinate a seed (hopefully)

2 Likes

Hopefully? No, definitely!

2 Likes

Optimism!! Love it :green_heart:

1 Like

Here is a small cheap one if you’re only doing a few clones something like this would be perfect. If you do more there’s several others using square totes instead but the same idea.

4 Likes

@EclecticJack @DoobieNoobie
I don’t remember who else wanted to see

My T.W.B. December ‘box of coal’ unboxing

Wicked cool water pipe, I’ve named her Maleficent :smiling_imp:

There’s a little metal piece tucked inside the stem and I was curious about it. Then I set the lighter next to it for a pic and it ‘attached’ :thinking:
IT’S A MAGNET!! :exploding_head:

It’s kinda hard to tell but the bong is lifted a bit and the lighter is attached!! You know… for easy, one-handed passing

The rest of the contents are:

Grinder
Black jar (fits 7+ grams)
Wraps
Cone
Papers
Hemp wick
Pipe cleaners and wipes
Lighter
Socks
Airhead candy

The inside of the bowl has a built in screen… seemed cool but is proving to clog quickly

Overall I’m very pleased with the purchase.

6 Likes

A magnet! That’s genius. I love all of that one. But I already blew my Christmas budget and I still need to buy a new grow tent. :frowning:

1 Like

It was the only gift to myself. And I’m only giving books and socks this year. Books for kids and socks for adults. I got fantastic deals on both and am already done shopping!! This has never happened before in my life! I think I’ll use this gift policy every year :relaxed:
Except my son, he will get socks and a book and a box of goodies from mom. Not edibles or anything like that, he’s given up cannabis for now because he’s a truck driver. It’ll be just some local foods he can’t get on the road and a couple ‘trinkets’ plus a shirt. He told me years ago not to buy clothes for him (because I’m fashion challenged) So every year I make it my mission to find one article of clothing that he’ll like. I have a perfect record! :exploding_head::relaxed: (or he just fakes it really good to humor his goofy mom) :thinking::smirk::raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

I love the books gift. We give our kids a new book at Christmas and birthdays. They both love to read like us. Well my youngest is 4 and can’t read yet. She will be in kindergarten next year and the teachers at her school think she’ll be able to read by the end of this year. She’s getting pretty close to it now. There’s always at least one of us reading something in the evenings. And my youngest would rather have us read her a story then to have play time before bed.