GreenThunder's dawning days (the beginning of things)

I like the tape measure tape lol.

3 Likes

I dropped these seeds 3 days ago and they haven’t split and now one has a bit of something fuzzy attached or coming out…

Could y’all tell me your methods… I’m clearly doing something wrong.

1 Like

I soak in h2o/h2o2 for about 12-24 hours, then pop into rapid rooters (innoculated with myccorizae), and place into a heated, domed germination station.

1 Like

This is the piece I’m missing!! Thank you

Here’s a link to a study. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dc.cod.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1533%26context%3Dessai&ved=2ahUKEwigypz59treAhUpl1QKHRAbCpQQFjAOegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2hrhDBW9aKVMIVuFFrz-fi

Didn’t find rapid rooters but the guy at the shop had an acceptable substitute. I don’t know what they are called, he put them in a box and said to store them in a plastic bag

And I splurged on some Great White. I could have spent less ordering online but then I’d have to wait.

Thanks again for putting me on the right path! I don’t know how I’ve managed this long without this knowledge but I’m looking forward to better germinating success!!

3 Likes

Definitely put them in a plastic bag. :grinning:

1 Like

I did :blush:

Now, to use them… soak in Great White then squeeze out most of the water? Do you spray them with plain water or use the GW? Under light or in the dark?

I fill a qt measuring cup w/ ro or distilled water & add a dose of the microbes. Then toss in your rooters, move them around a bit, & let them soak for a few minutes. When ready to use, ring them out like a sponge. You want them damp, not wet.

I leave them in the dark for 24-48 hours, then turn on the lights.

2 Likes

I might have mixed up the labels on my Blueberry and Amnesia Haze autos :roll_eyes: What are the chances I’ll be able to determine which is which as they grow?

1 Like

You’ll know.

1 Like

I cut 4 clones tonight (this time I tagged the netpots!)

Tagged are Triple Cheese; the others are Pineapple Chunk

4 Likes

Well those didn’t germinate so I dropped a third set. 3rd time really is charmed… both popped and have been planted in 5 gallon bottom feeding buckets. They will be top fed for 7-10 days until the bottom feeding takes over

3 Likes

Yay for new babies

2 Likes

Haha, you should be able to determine in flowering phase.

1 Like

Well I don’t know if I put them in buckets too soon or what but they still have not surfaced. One is trying but seems stalled. This will be my third failed set… I’m becoming discouraged :unamused:

Two of my clones have roots so I’m thinking about putting them in the buckets, one the roots are a bit better established. I really don’t think the seeds are gonna do anything :pensive:

What’s going on? Are you trying the rooters & mycco?

1 Like

I did with set 2. This 3rd set I put right into the buckets which are filled with coco mixed with peat and perlite. I’m at a loss… my beginners luck has run out?

For these types of pots, the plants need to be a rooted seedling before using the reservoir. Gotta top feed/water to start.

1 Like

How wet are the rooters when you do?

I’ll be dropping seeds tonight/early tomorrow, then into the rooter on Tuesday. Wanna do it together?

I use a heated & domed propagation tray, too.

1 Like