GreenThunder dips into hydro

They do recommend RO water in order for their nutes to be 100% ph perfect. Some have had to switch to ro systems because of similar issues @GreenThunder. I’ve been fairly lucky that my tap runs about 45ppm so that’s fairly good and I still have issues with ph staying stable.

1 Like

I must have missed that… I’m not really interested in switching to ro. My tap water is about the same as yours.

LB clone has made an amazing recovery! This is her today

Three weeks ago she looked like this…

6 Likes

LB clone (above) was moved into the tent last week. That made space for this Pineapple Chunk that was gifted to me

She’s in a large rockwool cube which sits in a bowl. I was told to feed approximately every other day. A type of ebb & flow?

Along with PC I was given this Triple Cheese, which had been used as a mother and was about to be tossed. She is also in a large rockwool cube and moved right into the tent for flowering.

5 Likes

Ok I can chime in here I grow RDWC and if u got brown gunk it’s so to plants being nuit locked because of ph in hydro ph is between 5.6 and 6.4 5.8 is preferred but you will also need to let it swing to the 5.5 to get the manganese and up to the 6.4 to get the mag cal it needs but to fix brown gunk u need to first Rez change and clean buckets with a mild peroxide mix like 1 part peroxide to 4 parts water then when u put your plants back in add a half tea spoon per gal of epsom salt that will work better then have if them soaking in peroxide but if you do go peroxide route it won’t hurt them but all your doing is bleaching them and when the peroxide stops working you end up back where you started

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that pH swings are beneficial because I sure do have them. Instead of peroxide I’m using Flying Squirrel z7 and it seems to be working. I also use hydroguard with each feeding and res change. I’m also in the process of moving each into a tote for more water volume

By swing I mean u don’t mess with it till it is out of the range you set for them so 5.4 to 6.4 at 6.5 I adjust it to my neutral with my set up that is 5.9 and is it goes below 5.4 I do same thing but at Rez change I let them sit in only ones water for 3 days so they use up rest of what they have so no nuit or salt build ups

2 Likes

I get that :+1:

Hey @GreenThunder, how do you keep the PH regulated in you tub? I guess what I’m asking is, do you have to check and adjust it daily like in coco? Also how often do you do a flush in your main reservoir?

2 Likes

I check the pH about every other day and adjust by adding pH adjusted water, with nutes if necessary.
So far, I have only flushed to correct an excess or problem, and at a couple days before harvest. But I change the res every 7-10 days.

4 Likes

That’s where I do it different I do a 3 day flush at every water change

2 Likes

Three days?! How often do you change the res?

3 Likes

Every 13 days

1 Like

I’m intrigued. Why do you do a 3 day flush at every reservoir change?
Inquiring minds want to know

3 Likes

Stops the salt build up and forces plant to use what it has instead of just over eating lol that r like kids if u don’t control what they eat they will pig out and it causes issues also I can get true num on ppm and ph if they start out with plan water. Then I add nuits and I don’t add by dosage I add by ppm so if I have ppm start at 200 and I need to put in say 3 nuits and my ppm caps at 800 per say so I know I have 600 ppm to spend so I would do 200 ppm of each nuit

1 Like

Is this a calcium deficiency?

1 Like

It looks like it. But let the experts answer to be sure.

1 Like

Add some cal mag and change water if you haven’t in the last 7 days and let them flush for 3 days then add nuits with cal mag

2 Likes

Yes, that is a calcium deficiency, but I think you also have a Ph problem. What is your Ph?

1 Like

my apera meter is coming today and im hoping it helps me control my ppm and ph better for my next grow. i have a lot of leaves that look like above, and ive been chasing it since flower… first world problems

2 Likes