GreenThunder dips into hydro

Got knocked down with the flu this week and neglected my hydro clone. When I finally had energy to check on her, the water level was quite low. I mixed up a sloppy gallon and dumped it in. She was overdue for a res change but that’s all I could muster. Yesterday she looked like this…

And by the time I gave her a proper res change she’d already bounced back!

And the roots!! I can’t get over these roots!!

The branches are quite purple

She’s 45 days… time to flip, I think

6 Likes

Wow, what a difference a sloppy drink of water will make. :grin:

2 Likes

Res change day… wasn’t much left to “change”

I really need to start checking her mid-week. She’s not skipped a step from the neglect but I sure don’t want to push my luck.

I haven’t flipped her yet because this clone shares the closet and isn’t ready yet.

Laughing Buddha

I fimmed her tonight and kinda hope she’ll be ok to flip in a week or so.

6 Likes

What’s your ppm water temp and ph she looks good but she is starting a slight decline. @GreenThunder

1 Like

I wrote that down somewhere but can’t find it. I need to put a calendar up in the grow room to keep track. I have a day planner but never seem to get to it. Maybe I’ll just put that in the room.

Here she is about a week ago…

Her roots became filled with brown gunk and her res smelled like a dirty fish tank.

I cleaned them up best I could and did a flush with Florakleen but the gunk returned. So I got a new bucket and new air unit and clean hydroton. Then I removed the gunky roots and soaked her in a peroxide solution (60ml in 2 gal) and soaked over night in peroxide (90 ml in 4 gallons)

Here she is all settled in after so much abuse (medical care can be painful)

I wasn’t sure what to expect this morning but she looks at least as good as last night

And she has the company of a super hero to cheer her on…

5 Likes

Grape Ape clone exploded and had to be moved into the tent for flowering.

Her progress will be tracked over in my ‘tent’ journal…

GT perpetual tent

1 Like

Peroxide will turn those roots back to white. Saw someone else have that brown gunk on a hydro grow and they used a peroxide solution. Did the trick perfectly. But ask a hydro grower. I use soil.

1 Like

@Shortmaster Here’s my hydro journal :sunglasses: As you can see I’ve only been at this for a few months. My very first attempt was a learning experience only, I had to show mercy and put her down. I’ve learned most from mistakes and other issues than when things go smoothly. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m learning more and more this is all a big learning curve. :sunglasses:

I just noticed something on your conductivity pen. That little check mark showing its calibrated is not present. Be careful, don’t wanna give too much/little of what she needs.

1 Like

Darnit! I always forget to check for that. How often do these things need to be calibrated? Seems like I just did that (when someone pointed out the lack of checkmark… what would I do without y’all?!)

1 Like

Np bud. I think that checkmark pops up in 30 days time.

1 Like

Calibrated! :sunglasses: Found my res to high at 6.4 so adjusted it down to 6.0. Full res change will happen later

Edit: this post is referring to the LB clone in the closet.

1 Like

Bluelab check mark comes back weekly :credit_card: about $30 for the 4 bottle bluelab calibration suite

1 Like

I finaly got z7!! Do I use it with nutes or as a flush? Anyone here know?

I read up on it and it says to use with feeding and flushing. If it works half as good as it says then we should see results soon

Did a root check when changing the res tonight… we got one!!

2 Likes

Two Grape Ape clones have joined LB in the closet

Laughing Buddha… looking any better yet?

4 Likes

My LB clone is still struggling, didn’t help that I forgot to turn the air back on after checking stats the other night. It was off nearly a full day! But the main problem, I think, is that the pH keeps swinging up.

The roots aren’t brown like they look here

I changed her res tonight but now I wonder if I should have given her a flush instead? Bong hits with Wonder Woman while I ponder this

6 Likes

Look at how much better this gal looks…

4 Likes

Looks like she exploded. Good job

1 Like