Greenhouse recommendations please

We are all good in the land from down under

1 Like

Thieves are the main worry, I would build it with the polycarbonate panels instead of plastic. With locked doors.

1 Like

And CCTV and motions sensors and throw in a couple of ducks as well,they will let you know you have uninvited “guests”.

I’m not too worried about thieves… miles away from hardly anyone… and a couple big ass dogs and we should be fine.

But I will make sure to have some securty lights and alarms in case anyone does get past the dogs

2 Likes

lol. Ducks? Not sure they would appreciate the desert much…

2 Likes

Oh…sorry :flushed:
Bit tired when I made that comment. :weary:

Im in Arizona I have ducks

6 Likes

@plumbdand what breed of ducks do you have i got welsh harlequin.

1 Like

No worries. I thought it was funny. lol

2 Likes

I have no idea what kind of ducks got them from Tractor Supply used to have 9 but owls or hawks have killed some

They love the snow

3 Likes

Hell yeah that’s cool I’ve never seen snow before. Bloody hawks got one of our pegions yesterday morning and was eating it in front of the rest of our chickens and they were going off.

2 Likes

In the last year I’ve lost 5 chickens a rooster and 6 ducks to predators or old age. I used to have ducks called Runners they are great egg layers but they all gone now. Im getting more in the spring

1 Like

You really have never seen snow? Where do u live, Hawaii? @plumbdand many folks use Guineas like you do your ducks they are also a good trespasser alert system. A drip system is something I’m installing in my greenhouse this spring. Good luck

2 Likes

Omg guineas I’ve had then. If you like birds that make ALOT of noise thats what you want. As for ducks and chickens, I have to keep them pend up and netting on top. @writerjennifer as for a greenhouse @HippieRunner1 has you covered pretty well, and it depends on affordability. As for thieves you need to be sure. I’ve been down that road. Good luck :v:

Here is a new addition we will be adding to all of the greenhouse. 6ft partial walls. These sections will not be removed and are stationary. This will help with regulating the environmentals and will add a ton of wind blockage during those windy days.

The side walls will be replaced next. Basically the side wall will be able to still roll up and down but will set on the outside of the new sections.

1 Like

Na mate never ever in my life have I seen snow live in Western Australia no snow here just dry
and hot. :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Whoops. Looks like I forgot to add the photos. :wink:

5 Likes

That is what I like to know bout it… :laughing:

1 Like

@2GreenThumbs I used to grow pot on my friends property he had guinea hens at the back of his property to alert him of intruders. Then geese closer in and Rottweilers and German shepards in the part of the yard where the plants were. We always called the Guineafowl “Punk Rock chickens”. They are noisy. The Geese were mean as hell and put a nice bruise on you when they bit you.

3 Likes

I know what you mean about Geese. A Tom Turkey I once met was the best security system one could buy. He would peck you to death if you got out of the car before his master came outside and called him off of you.