Greenhouse recommendations please

My husband and I are buying a house on 10 acres. We want to grow outside. Per state law we can have 18 adults and 18 babies growing at any given time for personal use. I am looking at greenhouses and wondering… what should we be looking for? We live in a cold dry climate, high desert type, so it would need to keep them warm in winter and cool in summer. Any suggestons on construction types? Specific brands? We are not building it, but will buy one and put together, then add lighting and probably refection materials, fans, filters, etc. Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

First of all. Congratulations on new house and wowza, you can have a forest. Check out the search button for info. Also @HippieRunner1 has a good set up. There are a few more that have great ideas.

1 Like

Wowza!!! I’m in MD & we’re lucky just to have 2 growing lol. What State are y’all in?

2 Likes

@Derwyn86 @MayzGAS
Wouldn’t it be nice,Huh.
Imagine that in Australia :thinking:

3 Likes

@Hashtonbutcher I would sell my house buy 20 acres build dams to catch water which I would filter and purerfied 3 green houses built on decking so you get air flow from the bottom awnings on both sides that are 6ft out and on a lean so rain can’t get in but air flow can I’d go all out

2 Likes

I know right? Down south on a property just outta town… was able to have 6-7 trees but was always on edge… are we actually allowed any? WA?

3 Likes

No,you ain’t even allowed to own a seed or bong or any paraphernalia. :face_vomiting:
Only in ACT,you can grow two plants I think but only outdoor.

1 Like

@MayzGAS Na man can’t have anything at all that why I want farm be a bit easier out of town.

You would probably want twin walled polycarb sheeting,that would help with warmth.
If I was able to do that I would have water tank inside too.
In cold climate having black water tank would help retain warmth overnight too.
I can only dream of doing that.
Best wishes to you from Australia :+1:

3 Likes

I can grow 12 here in Arizona I grow in 2 greenhouses. One is a 5x10 chainlink dog run with a raised roof, 9ft, made out of steel pipe and pvc. I throw new plastic over it every year. Theres really only room for 2 plants in there. You can fit more but 2 works best. The other greenhouse is a 10x12 from Harbor freight. Its a total piece of crap. I had to do a lot of reinforcing straight out of the box. 4 plants in a 10x12 is best. I grew 8 in there 2 years ago it was a pain in the ass. I still have a few lbs of bud left over from that. 18 plants outdoors, I’d end up with 30lbs. What the hell would I do with all that.

6 Likes

Greenhouses are an amazing addition to any property. Two of the most important things to think of when it comes to greenhouse construction is ventilation and heat.
Ventilation consists of air flow in, out and amongst the garden.
Heat hose along with ventilation in a way due to the fact that warm air better be able to move around efficiently.

Like mentioned above looking into a house that has the ‘double bubble’ would be very beneficial. This is where two pieces of plastic are layered over each other. Leaving about a 3-5 inch gap between for air to be pumped in. This is very important for regulating the environmentals. If his is why when you look at an industrial greenhouse you don’t see the ribs/struts blushing out.

Make sure also to include an interior water source. There’s nothing worse than trying to run a garden hose from the outside to the inside to take care of the garden. It’s a real pain in the but.

I like to use fabric grow bags in greenhouses. It’s allows me to save the integrity of the overall structure.

Hope this helped alittle. :slightly_smiling_face:
Happy farming…

6 Likes

Nevada. 6 adults and 6 babies per person over 21. There are three of us. I was suprised they made the law so friendly to personal use growers, while making it almost imposible to become a comerical grower.

4 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile: I’m excited.

Yeah, what’s up with Austrailia? I thougth y’all were cool. :smiley:

3 Likes

Airflow, definately.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yeah, I am not sure what we’re going to do with it all… lol. I want to make some edibles for my husbands pain, that will use up quite a bit.

1 Like

Our politicians are livin in the past.
Their understanding of Cannabis is based on propaganda from the 1930’s.
Their ignorance and ineptitude is beyond belief and that is why I refuse to vote.
That is a criminal offense here too :face_vomiting:

Very cool. Got a friend on another forum in Vegas but he never mentioned how many and I never thought to ask lol.

Airflow is most important. In my 10x12 I use a portable swamp cooler 3500cfm plus 3 fans on the floor and 1 oscillating fan over the top. I replaced the original door on the greenhouse with a screen door. Also removed a couple small plexiglass panels up high and open the roof vents. I also have a dehumidifier in there.