Greenhouse build on the cheap

Yep my neighbor thinks I am crazy. I don’t do anything to change their mind. A friend has 3 Dane crossed with a Doberman. I just keep hounds around, nobody gets past them.

Sometimes its easier that way, they say crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results or is that insane? Oh well lifes to short to worry. Sounds like your friend has some real hell hounds. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yes they are dobbie body with the size of the Dane.

2 Likes

Bet when they get the munchies they eat like a horse.

3 Likes

Poops like 1 too

2 Likes

Mother Nature just jumped in and made me spend money. Hurricane Ida is projected to head my way. The Weather channel says it will prob. be a tropical depression but the winds will be strong. What that means to me is I have to get the walls secured before she gets here or the windows will act like a sail. Went to Lowes and bought 6 studs for 75% off and 3 full boat. 75% off is $1.88 each. I know I will need more but this may get me to the knee wall.

1 Like

This was this morning early, temp around 78 degree feels like 88. By 10:00 it was 88 feeling like 98, Ida bearing down. Work about 30 min. quit and have to ccatch my breath. Top plates ready to go, door roughed in, window roughed in and knee wall roughed in. Let her rip tater chip, if weather holds I’ll get top plates.

3 Likes

Ida has me worried she starting to look mean.She may wipe out the outdoor crop on the coast as we already got bud mold. Hope you got your stuff put up as she almost here

@GulfCoastGurilla

My Man Cave houses my indoor grow, all AC, Hydro, RH 50, Jacks 321, real close to taking crop 12/12
Do have concerns that I couldn’t get enough framing done to keep walls up on the greenhouse, I would really like to get the top plates up.

3 Likes

Its a toss up with Ida, she’s about half the size of Katrina, but when your looking at 105mph sustained that’s not much comfort. By the time she gets to me she should be a TD but gusts up to 35mph will make you think. It would miss us by about a mile, and we are on the west side of the eye. Hope you and yours are safe. Mike

2 Likes

Got lucky Ida’s eye just brushed by and all we got was some sprinkles and a lot of sunshine. compared to what happened up north I think we got by easy. Prayers for the ones up North who got the (*&tty end of the stick. If your not use to the destruction its a scary time.

2 Likes

We got brushed with heavy rain at times but a lot of steady sprinkles all day til late afternoon.

2 Likes

Baby steps, I worked on the front and the last corner. Nest step is to frame the back wall and pop in the windows on the West side. Memphis Hot. Mike

6 Likes

This is what I started with, Home in the neighborhood had to replace a section of Cedar fence and two posts. I stopped and ask if I could have the “trash”. I made four legs for my workbench.
The white pulp was very soft but the wood rings are as hard as a rock, I had a hard time sanding with 80g on the orbital sander.
It took 2 days to finish the four legs, I really like the results. Work bench will be 8’ and have a bathroom basin that a neighbor was throwing out, plans are to dig a trench and run PVC from the outside faucet. One mans trash!

5 Likes

Was going to the store today and ran up on this pile at the end of the street. Its going to be the siding on the inside of the green house, I’ll put a lap joint on it and paint, can’t beat textured wood.
Hopefully a lot of the trim for the outside.

5 Likes

Nice find

Digging the build out nice job :+1:

2 Likes

@BowHunt3r @JJ520 Thanks, its going to take a while because its all done with frugal materials. Baby steps, I would like to go out and just buy a ton of lumber but…the cost of this build makes it a perfect quest. Everyone has to have a hobby. :beers: Mike

4 Likes

This is a POS I replaced with a door a cust. wanted to replace. The door he wanted to replace it with was like new and the same door only it had a doggie door.
The door on the left is the one I swapped out and the one on the right is what I made from the POS and recycled fence. Cost so far - $0

2 Likes