Greenhouse build on the cheap

@Muffdvr Noticed you just joined, welcome. Lot of good people here to help with any questions you might have. :sunglasses:Cat

1 Like

Youtube suckered me in and I found this watering system and thought I’d try it out.How to Build: Self Watering 5 Gallon Buckets - YouTube

Gotta little Zkittles girl who will be perfect. :dark_sunglasses:

5 Likes

I am excited to see how this works for you!

3 Likes

@JaneQP We’ll find out, I do hate to water and this would give me a couple of days between water. Also make it easy to check my ECC and PH. Did you click on the “How to Build” link? Cat

Has anyone ever had a plant that looked real healthy but refused to grow? This girl was dunked around the middle of March and has been in the bluehouse bucket until I took her out a couple of weeks ago. She’s 8 weeks old and 2-3" tall, this rate she might make 1’ by Christmas. I don’t want to call her a midget I feel she just want to be called a little plant. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Her sister is a Durban Poison and she is over 24" and starting to bud(she is a auto flower) and the little OGKush is just Feminized.

5 Likes

She must have heard I was concerned, what a difference a couple of days make. She’s OGKush

These girls are Zkittles, seeds from ILGM thanks Robert.

This girl has a sister inside Mancave she’s Durban Poison

6 Likes

Finished my 5gl. self watering bucket system now lets see if it works. I used fox farm soil and Jacks 321 feed.

:v: :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

Nice project I’m interested to see how it works plants are looking good

2 Likes

Did the BOGO Zkittles so far everything is outstanding, I hope this one makes it, she acted like she was stretching and when I went to transplant she fell over, roots were very healthy and almost root bound. I buried her deep. If you scroll up this is the plant with the support, you can see how deep I buried her. :pray:

2 Likes

That Otta work :+1:t2:

2 Likes

She looks better than when I first transplanted her 5 hours later.

Been having a disagreement with the outside kitties, I say it’s a raised bed for my tomatoes, they say it’s a toilet. So far I win. I had to put up some plastic mesh and while I was at it I installed a hillbilly irrigation system, works great.

5 Likes

Never have two many Green houses, got one wall up.

Plans are to cut out Catio wall and put in a screen door.

5 Likes

Been a week since I finished this bucket system, I like it a lot. I think I’ll make some more. Soil stays just right.

I think if I wanted to take a week I could fill it and take off and not worry about her drying out. We’ll see what happens when she buds.

6 Likes

Day two, got the second wall up and another couple of buckets of drainage stone.

:sunglasses: :call_me_hand: Size 4’x6’

7 Likes

I am impressed! I wish I had a greenhouse. For now at least I have a locked enclosure.

3 Likes

@JaneQP found the wood to finish the third wall, I find it at new house builds, I ask if I can go through their scrap. So far I have around $15 in it. and thats 6 broken bags of drainage stone 1/2 price at Lowes. Bases came from a fence build. The rest is scrap. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Little greenhouse up and coming, looks great. I like that bucket system . i saw the utube video, watched a couple. I might try it out on some big totes or barrels. Something big.

2 Likes

@W.B.elpaso I have some 27gl. totes I think I’m going to try. This little 5gl. bucket works great. I like the fact that when I feed my runoff is handy. Cat.

2 Likes

As a grower, i think we try any advantage we can get. Simple diy is the way for me. I love utube.

2 Likes