Greenhouse build on the cheap

Smoking neighbors are potential thieves.10 lbs of weed is like sitting gold. Neighbors often have thieves for friends even if the neighbor is straight up. Something to ponder.

Windows make it kinda easy for thieves.

It was me it would be built to keep praying eyes out.

4 Likes

Dully noted as far as my neighbor goes I’m not cool. He is new to the neighborhood and we have ferrel cats, we don’t mind because they keep mice and vermin down. He’s not a cat person and told me he was going to kill the cats. Wife has taken a shine to them but we can’t get close to them. I told him do what he has to do but do it in his yard don’t tell me if he kills them. Long story short, Mrs. Cat had thyroid cancer and had to have surgery, he knew but one week after her surgery he sprayed our bird feeder, two of my trees and my door you see in photos with some badass insecticide, this stuff killed my trees graveyard dead in 2 days. Wouldn’t have been bad if he had let us know he was spraying our yard and he had the chance, anyway Mrs. Cat got into the poison and we almost had another trip to the hospital. I have a sign on the man cave that says “Do to the cost of ammo don’t expect a warning shot.” I now have installed security cameras. He isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, and yes he’s a weak link. To him I am now the crazy white boy. We are both retired and someone is home 99% of the time. But he needs to go. He drinks heavy, like gets up in the morning with vodka, works drunk,(he’s a saleman for a beer dist.) I don’t think he’ll be long.

7 Likes

@2GreenThumbs Good idea to cover my tracks, he’s on a South face with 2 windows and a door, blinds might be a wise investment.

2 Likes

Another daily score, neighbor down the street replaced his bathroom sinks, I’m gonna make a small work station with water, drain and storage, Maybe 6’x3’. Came with faucet. :+1:

4 Likes

Gotta mention this greenhouse is not just for weed, I will have veg., herbs and maybe some flora just to mask some smells. If it gets to bad I might have to invest in a carbon filter.

3 Likes

This is the sink I salvaged, Im going to make like a kit. island. Water will drain into a igloo which will be my reservoir. Return overflow will vent to raised beds.

4 Likes

What kind of windows are you using. The reason I ask is I’m using sliding patio doors to make my solar water heater and was told 1 pane of the double pane has uv coating that will hamper the light getting in

1 Like

@Allinherhead The windows came from a neighbor who was replacing them with more energy eff. windows. Blocking a little UV I’m cool with. above the windows will be screen and custom transom windows made with plexiglass. Anything I can do to keep down the heat is cool. Couldn’t be any worse than putting a plant in the window of la casa de el gato.

3 Likes

I thought about using patio doors but when these windows came up I couldn’t pass them up. If you paint your glass black and run copper between the panels it should be plenty hot enough, UV or not. I tried to take the panes apart and found out real quick thats the wrong thing to do.

3 Likes

I guess he’s lucky you’re the neighbor I would have went and broke a couple kneecaps or at least a leg and as for the cats if they’re your cats and he’s poisoned them I’d be over there beating some :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I’m a VNV, and when I got out I did a bouncer thing for a while, found the way to really hurt someone is to let the system have them. I gave up the violence thing a long time ago. I already talked to the sheriff and they told me the only way I could proceed was if I had proof, hence the security system. He’s not worth going to jail for. I also have a solar LED spot light that has a red light that blinks and it looks like a security camera. I need 2 more, one pointing at his back yard and one on the door of the greenhouse. Paybacks a bitch. Thats all I got to say about that.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you’ve got any harbor freights around there but they’ve got pretty decent security system for like two three hundred bucks comes with three night vision cameras I have one that works pretty good night vision works very nice to very good deal for the money well actually it comes with two and you have to buy it at third but still it’s two or $300 for the whole set up

1 Like

These are what I use. They connect to our home wifi and they’re cheap and can take a micro SD card you can set for motion or sound recording start and will alert you when they’re triggered. The resolution is pretty good.

1 Like

@Allinherhead @JJ520 Thanks I will def. check them out, always a good thing if it keeps me out of the pokey and save a crop, win win. Mike

3 Likes

They say good fences makes good neighbors. I think razor wire electric fence and Rottweilers makes for great neighbors

5 Likes

@Allinherhead I have a brother in arms that had a cross Great Dane and Pit Bull. His name was Bull, if he knew you he was the kindest dog you ever wanted to meet. But if he had to fight…let me say this I have tackled grown men that I looked square in the chest who played collage football, and didn’t flinch. But Bull would scare the s*&t out of everyone. We were at a party and one of the neighbors had a full grown Chow (this was a big dog) neighbor said “Bear” could take Bull and Bear was the Alpha dog. We begged him to take his dog home instead he turned him loose on Bull, The fight lasted almost 2 sec. Bull grabbed Bear by the back of the neck and shook his head one time and it was over. If Bull ever got ahold of a man the guy wouldn’t have a chance. Bull past away 20 years ago. RIP Bull

4 Likes

I had an awsome pit named squat. I found a guy in my apartment once. My dog would let you in but would eat you when you tried to leave. And the guy said he was afraid the dog was going to kill him lol.
Another time my friends and I were at a park playing horshoes and this dude rolled up and got out with his Doberman and asked if I ever fought my dog and I said we’ve argued but never fought. He then said he had 100 and his dog can whip mine. I told him dogs don’t know better and didn’t see. Fair to make them fight. I said but we know better and I have a 100 that says I can whip you. He didn’t want to do that but I didn’t let him choose. I kept his money and told him don’t come back. I hate people that fight dogs. I don’t have a dog now. Waiting to retire then I’ll get another. I still miss mine been 30 years

3 Likes

Now days my closest neighbor is a few hundred yards away and doesn’t matter they are awsome people. Property has cameras with ir and motion sensors so we know someone is here before they do. Only strangers are Amazon and a friend that works there says the drivers think I seem like I wanna kill them. Not a look I practice and my Killin days are a long way back. But I let them think what they want.

2 Likes

@Allinherhead I feel ya my brother, its a shame its come to this, but its also hard to explain why we were spit on, called baby killers, refused service, I was thrown in jail for protecting myself and thrown in the back of a squad car in cuffs and the kid who started it was thrown in the back with me without cuffs, maced, yup good times. These people don’t know what it feels like to “hear the bullet” when it buzzes over head or to see a tracer come flying by. Sorry gotta quit and self medicate. Mike

5 Likes

Take it easy my friend

1 Like