Greenhouse build on the cheap

I haven’t seen you around lately hope all is well :v:

@JJ520 Weather here in Memphis turned super nice and I had a friend hire me to build a 6ksf roof on a commercial building. Started off with him saying he could get me help. Help consisted of 18yo with ADD that acts like a 12yo, 16yo that is diagnosed with autism but acts like a 18yo (love this kid), and a 13yo who is well 13. I’m 65 and have been doing maint. since I was 16 and figured it was time to pass on some wisdom. 18yo quit, 13yo thinks its some kind of punishment, but the 16yo is like a sponge. Job has taken way to long but I’m semi retired and get some kind of sick pleasure out of showing him the ropes. Nice thing is when the roof is done I have a good helper. :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

Just to let you guys know I’m always trying to make progress. I ask the friend I am building a big roof for if he had a rototiller and he said yes. I ask if I could borrow it and he said if I can get it started. He hasn’t started it in 2 years. But thats Okay I’m all good in the hood when it comes to engines. I also ask if it was ok for me to hire Johnathan (the 16yo) to help this old man make some raised beds. I know this thread is a slow go but big plans are a coming. :v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Always rewarding to pass knowledge to someone that WANTS to learn…

1 Like

@GreggT Your so right, thats the key.

1 Like

Whoo hoo, big storm came thru last night BIG winds, 3 blocks away winds toppled a big tree which fell into power lines breaking power poles. 24 hours later people still without power. Good news Greenhouse still standing. :sunglasses: :+1: Bud sent me some seeds he bought from ILGM so it looks like the first ladies in the new condo are going to be Durban Poison and OG Kush. Looks like the Zig Zag gods are looking down on me.

4 Likes