Greenhouse build on the cheap

I got use to the warm quick and got spoiled, Its 45 deg. today and they are calling for a freeze warning. I did get some work done on the greenhouse making progress.

10 Likes

I had to get a variance for mine. It is 20x12 and extends only 3’ from road.
But, they unanimously said okie dokie. I hink cuz we used it for the corner bar during lock down. lol.

5 Likes

@beachglass I’m building this one for a multipurpose structure, If and when Mrs. Cat and I move and the new owners are not gardeners they can use it as a screened in patio. Put a BBQ grill and a beer keg in it and you got a party. :beers: :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

@Cat1
I really enjoyed reading this thread. It was very entertaining. I like your style.

4 Likes

@noddykitty1 Thanks, its all about the fun. Chime in whenever you like. :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

@W.B.elpaso what strains are you gonna grow

1 Like

The clover took over my greenhouse

Its a pain in the butt to dig up. I cant believe how good the soil looks underneath. Im not gonna need to do much to it.

8 Likes

I ordered the Runtz seeds today should have them by 420

1 Like

@plumbdand Man I’m getting tired just looking at the pic., what ya gonna do turn the ground and use a leaf rake? :man_farmer:

I soaked it this morning and started turning it over today I tossed all the clover in a pile to let it dry out most will be mixed back into the soil for some added nitrogen. Worms were everywhere underneath the clover.

2 Likes

@plumbdand let her rip tater chip, I’m going to start a worm farm in my raised beds this year. Gonna take a bucket, drill holes in the sides fill with soil and add worms then add paper and brown material and food scraps on top, water and cover the bucket with a top. worms will leave the bucket go poo and go back in the bucket to eat and make more worms. Just call me the worm pimp. :sunglasses: :worm: :worm:

7 Likes

You should just lay out some clean cardboard. It will choke out the clover, bring up the worm population, soften the ground, and add carbon. No shovel needed. If you lightly top dress the cardboard, even with yard dirt and not top rate soil, it will break down in less than a month. The cardboard and the clover. Then plant right thru the soft decomposing cardboard layer. I do this a lot on dandilions, clover, and buttercups.

My favorite cover crop is strawberries plants. They feed you fruit, prevent weeds, provide lots of runners to replant next year, and make a great green mulch.

3 Likes

I needed to turn the soil in there. Most of the clover will be dug up and mixed in. Ive got so many worms in the soil I could sell them for fish bait.

4 Likes

Theres 3ft thick of home made soil in the 10x12 greenhouse. Both greenhouses are right next to my duck pond and sit at or just below the water level

8 Likes

One more reason to have a greenhouse 4/14 22 we got over 5" of rain yesterday, the ground was already to wet to pull out the lawnmower. The rider just spun the tires. If I had planted some girls they would have drown. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

These are going to be the first occupants of the greenhouse, the old girl is Deb and the young one is her daughter I cloned.

6 Likes

@W.B.elpaso This year I have quite a few choices…I still have seeds from prior grows like: Blueberry,GSC,Bruce Banner,Gorilla Glues,Banana Kush ,Zkittles ( all auto) I have one Photo:Romulan ( but I don’t think Ill do any Photos this year ?) I like to keep trying different strains to see whats what. This year I bought Chocolate Skunk,Bubba Kush,Afghan Kush,Magic Melon,Mexican airlines, Runtz XL, also got some freebies coming like Larry Lemon,Trizkit and Northern Lights…Ill have to decide which ones first…As I can squeeze in two grows per season…Maybe THIS time Ill write about them in the forums…I get so lazy @ times. :laughing: I still have my “Experimental Grow” data from last season that was quite impressive being that I did mostly everything opposite then whats the status quo of growing, but was one of the best batches? Go figure huh?

3 Likes

@AL_GREEN. My trizkit auto just shoeed up today. Along with the spice from twenty 20 mendo. Stuff looks fire! Trizkit 7 ft auto. This one i gotta see. You got a great line up on the seed stash. Im trying some autos but i dont really think there my style. I gotta have room for error.

2 Likes

These girls are OG Kush from ILGM, out of 10 seeds she came up looking different, but healthy. Deb is over a year old but doesn’t look a day over 6 months, she got buds as big as my fist, but I didn’t have the heart to cut her. I think she may just turn into a cloner.

4 Likes

Picked up some spare coin so I thought I would go to Lowes and see what kind of deals I could find.
8 bags - misc. Mulch/Compost/Top Soil/Compost manure, 50% off
3- 26"x12’ clear corrugated panels, factory defects and fork lift damage(all in the right places) 75% off, reg $40 each I paid $10 each :sunglasses: :+1:
! LED Grow light flood $10 - Clearance

7 Likes