Greenhorn 1st Grow Tips Welcomed!

I grew once before but lets just say my grow was ‘found’…this was forever ago and found by family when I was I high school, LOL However, my family jokes today about how I shoulda been a grower because my plants were beautiful…So I’ve decided I’m done buying my stuff. I own my own home and live alone! Time is PERFECT! Also, when I do things I want to do them right the 1st time. I HATE having to spend money and time redoing things, So here is what I have purchased for my 1st grow AS AN ADULT! LOL

Also, with that being said, I do want to use my tent for other pants besides the girls. I really do love plants. Because of that I got a larger tent. I will add more lights next month. Kinda went a little crazy already. You’ll see below. I want to start off with one of each of the 4 types of seed I purchased, GSCE, GG, BB all auto flowers and the Gold which I’ve read good things about. So that is my basic idea. From there I will take clones of them as I top them. I’ve cloned other plants so I understand that concept. I’ve just always stuck em in a red solo cup, nothin fancy, lol

Here is what I have being shipped…some has already arrived the rest should be here this week, UPS & FedEX is loving me right now, LMFAO!

• TopoGrow D Door 120X60X80 Grow Tent
  • Spider Farmer SE7000 LED Grow Light 5X5…to save cost I bought one will be adding another next grow.
  • AC Infinity Cloudnine T8, Quiet 8" Inline Duct Fan with temperature Humidity Controller
  • VIVOSUN 8 inch 25 ft non insulated Flex Duct
  • iPower 8" Air Carbon Filter Grow Tent Odor Control Scurbber W Activated Charcoal for Inline Fan with prefilter
    *Timers & 6 Long Heavy duty adjustable rope clip hangers
  • Variety of plastic LST Plant Benders
    *Plant Support Clips - 350 pieces
    *14 gallon Drum to hold water & fertilizer mix for Drip system
    *Homsay 400 GPH Submersible water pump
    *NEARPRO Multifunctional 7 day cycle Programable Plug in digital timer
    *Hydrofarm AAPA3.2L Active Aqua Air Pump
    *Bloom Brothers 9 inch Hydro Halos
    *Rain Bird Drip Irrigation Valves for Halos
    *Hoses for DRIP water system
    *SCROG Nets
    *Habitech Irrigation Fittings - Variety
    *Pawfly7 25 ft airline tubes & airpump accessories & air stones
    *Zacro LCD DIgital Aquarium Thermometer
    *Cyco Platnium Series Pro Kit - Entire 12 liter kit
    *Cyco Platnium Supa Sticky
    *CYCO RyzoFuel
    *15 gallon grow bags (already got the others as I do plant stuff now)
    *PH Up and down kit with test strips and dropper
    *Fans
    *Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
    *Mother Earth Coco
    *Zip Ties

On my list of things left to purchase:
*RH Meter
*CO2 generator
*Rooting hormone
*Clone Dome…recommendations on cloning?
Cable Ties

Anything I’m missing? I have notes and notes on all the PH requirements and have a feeding schedule, temperature, humidity and water temps.

I don’t know what I don’t know so advice would be AWESOME!! Thanks so much guys!

1 Like

Although I’m sure you’ve been down this road I’ll say it anyway.

Search is your friend…

I’ve done hundreds of searches over the last few months, on different grow forums, and this forum has more archived information than any other forum I’ve found.

4 Likes

Get a apera 20 its about $50 on amazon, far better than test strips

3 Likes

thx that’s how I’ve gotten this far! I really am at the point of did I miss the obvious! lol

I’ve book marked alot of peoples blogs! Its Christmas right now! Everyday when something comes I’m checking it off my list.

I’m stoked about getting my 1st grow done so I can flower some banana’s I bought! lol I figured the bananas will be harder. hahaha

3 Likes

Awesome! Will do! Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Might want to do some more research on the cloning. @Nicky , is the auto guru. But I’m pretty sure you can’t clone autos.

3 Likes

thank you! im new to this auto thing. so ima check it out. I wanna do a SOG at some point so ima get more feminized seeds then and not auto for when i do that. Ima try the ScOG this go at it I think. I guess no point topping my autos then???

While you can clone autos the results are pretty disappointing usually your better off starting with fresh seeds

4 Likes

Happy birthday @GreenSnek !

2 Likes

Happy birthday! @GreenSnek ! Mine is tomorrow.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention a PPM meter (or EC whichever you wanna call it) the cheap ones on amazon are ok to start with unlike the cheap PH meters.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will check this out for sure. I’ll check out the PPM meters as well.

1 Like

One more that I thought of today you mentioned a 12 er so gal res. & drip sys.you’ll want a wave maker to keep the nutes aggitated they are $18 or so. probably could use a pump & stone but the wave maker is better.

1 Like

ok I have a pump & stone on its way. I didn’t know about a wave maker but that makes more sense. I was wondering how those bubbles were really gonna work.

Also, id there a PPM meter you suggest? I was looking at maybe a Bluelab???

1 Like

If you have deep pockets blue lab is really good but the cheap-o’s at amazon will get you by for now. Just don’t buy the cheap PH meters they are trash. The wave maker is alot better than a pump & stone for keeping nutes aggitated, they don’t make your PH go up or down like a pump & stone will.

1 Like

Awesome info! I will abandon the stones…Amazon let me cancel and my wave maker will be here in 2 days, faster than the stones. perfecto!

Also, the Blue lab just looks like it would save me so much aggravation especially since I’m a newbie! Its so tempting! Last year I budgeted to build a greenhouse and I’m still under that budget…might go for it…if I get this built and still under budget with the additional light I want to buy, I feel like this is gonna be the hardest part for me to manage. I think the investment might just be the right decision, Im kinda terrified ima overfeed them.

Make sure on your PH meter to keep the probe wet with storage fluid I think its around $13 er so for a bottle (I bought Aprea brand). I go too heavy on feeding my plants according to what I see on here. I usually get tip burn at some point an thats a good sign for me to back off. I still do PPM checks on everything but I like to push the limits on most things I do. Too old to ride anymore so my excitement is now burning tips. Oh boy what an thrilling life.

1 Like

Looks ok in paper let’s see the set out together , feel like we might be missing some stuff , pictures please

1 Like

I feel you! Im so excited and I can see myself doing the same once I have a few grows under my belt. Cant wait to get through this first one and see the results!

Gonna order some more feminized seed as my seed will be here tomorrow and its pretty much all auto and I want to do a SOG with a shit ton of plants in the 5X10 just to do it and I wanna see all that lush green. I dont wanna jeopardize the lives of so many pants so Ima try that on #2 or #3 after I see how successful this ends up. Im kinda an extremists too, HAHAHA.

1 Like

YES!! That’s how I’m feeling! I’ve been planning this for about a year! the tie has finally come. The last items should be here Monday and I WILL FOR SURE POST PICS of the build and the final grow room. I cannot wait to see it assembled as well.

2 Likes